shape
carat
color
clarity

Maven sale - returned candy earrings?

Lisa C

Rough_Rock
Hi! Did anyone here return the 11-12mm candy studs #3 from the Maven collection sale and exchange for #2? If so, will you be willing to share your feelings about them?

**(#3 is #5 on this older card)**

_35109.jpg

Purranha

Rough_Rock
Hey Lisa!!! I didn't get the candy studs, though I did get one of the candy drops. They were crazy metallic with shifting colors! I started a PoJ Maven thread on the other board, perhaps try posting there? :D

Lisa C

Rough_Rock
Hiya, thanks for the suggestion! I'll check out your thread, but I feel kinda funny posting this question over there. It seems like this space is more often where things bought and returned get discussed most.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I don't know about those particular pairs, but if this helps, I bought two. One larger and lighter, one smaller and darker.
I absolutely love both. The colors are metallic and wild and look so different in different lights. Also, Kevin is really good about returns, if you don't like them in person. At that price, I'd snap those up! *cross my heart, I don't have any personal or business connection to Pearls of Joy or Kevin* :p

I wish I could find a selection of larger ones just like them, and at such great prices, to have made into a ring. That way, I, rather than everyone else, would get to look at it all the time!

They are really hard to catch accurately with the camera, but fwiw, here are mine:

poj_metallic_earrings1.jpg

poj_metallic_earrings2.jpg

poj_metallic_earrings3.jpg

poj_metallic_earrings4.jpg

poj_metallic_earrings5.jpg

poj_metallic_earrings6.jpg

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
So now that I was thinking about those candy earrings again, I went back and bought a pair of the drops. It's not my fault, right? :)

Lisa C

Rough_Rock
Save me from myself, but not just yet, Lord!

Lisa C

Rough_Rock
Seaurchin, I hope you don't mind, but I've got all those pics saved to my phone! from your posts earlier (ducking my head). :rolleyes:
I'm trying to learn how to 'read' pearl photos, y'know? Forgive me?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Someone wants to save my pics?! I'm thrilled. LOL. :)

Lisa C

Rough_Rock
Hurray!

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
Those look amazing on your ears. Even better than the glamour shots.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Lisa -
I bought pair #5 during the sale a few months ago. I was disappointed in the color at first, and actually wondered if I was sent the wrong pair. Kevin sent me another pair for a possible exchange, but seeing both pairs, the luster on my #5 pair blew me away! The shape was also more pleasing to my eye. So I kept 'em and they've really grown on me. Just had to get used to the size. :bigsmile:

I'm with you on the difficulty of reading pearl pics. On the ear, the studs have less striking color variation and sometimes glow an unexpectedly chartreuse(!) color. If you have other questions, I'm happy to answer them. :wavey:

Lisa C

Rough_Rock
Hi, BlingBunny! Hm. So you still have #5 11-12mm. So much for being able to read pearls, it's clear I still can't! :wall:

Thank you for describing them so well.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I got my candy drops from Pearls of Joy maven collection today, (number four) and they are absolutely wonderful. They're a nice size for everyday, nicely shaped, and metallic bronze-pink-green. I don't have time for pics today but I'll try to post them soon. I'll wear these often.

poj_drops.jpg

Lisa C

Rough_Rock
Well, I had a terrific surprise! Shortly after I posted this a wonderful friend bought me these earrings, #3 on the second card of 11-12mm candy metallic ( the card with only 4 options ). The earrings are awesome, but too big and round for me. I know, can you believe that?!? Unfortunately I need lower profile earrings.

The earrings are so gorgeous that I played with many ideas before I gave up. One idea was make the pearl with the glassiest luster into a ring, cut the other one in half for bezel earrings. I really didn't want to let them go.

So here we go with pictures and descriptions, first how they look in the box.
They're just under 12mm, mauve looking to the eye, but with really subtle color play. One is a little more rosy, one more coppery.

The smaller earrings are 6.75mm AAA lavender earrings. I included them to show how unique the POJ pearls are in terms of many colors. The little earrings are lovely, but static in color.

Sorry, the POJ earrings aren't that different in size, my angle is off.

_35327.jpg

Lisa C

Rough_Rock
Next, I got tired of waiting for the correct natural lighting conditions, so here is my makeshift lightbox, earrings inside. It's the padded shipping envelope, USPS, with a daylight light bulb about 16" away.

_35328.jpg

Lisa C

Rough_Rock
Now here's the fun part, and I hope the photos turn out right side up. Closeup of the earrings in the envelope. Aren't those colors crazy?!?

_35329.jpg

Lisa C

Rough_Rock
The color isn't a matter of reflection either! I rotated the earrings, and the colors changed. Here they are with some drops above them (from China, 2011, colorful but not same quality)

_35330.jpg

_35331.jpg

Lisa C

Rough_Rock
Anyway, here are some low light indoor shots, and the potential ring shots. Sigh.

_35332.jpg

_35333.jpg

_35334.jpg

_35335.jpg

Lisa C

Rough_Rock
I also have more shots, indoors playing with lighting changes, not in the envelope, which I can put up later if anyone is interested.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Lisa the candy earrings look great on you? I think low profile is fine. Can you use those large butterfly backs to help you prop them up?

Lisa C

Rough_Rock
Hi Pearlsngems, thanks!
No, I've tried the big backs. I'm also a lazy put-em-in-and-go person; if I have to fuss I won't wear them. I've always had skinny, wimpy earlobes, that fold over, even in my 20s.

I'm wearing my 8mm white metallic pearls (from Pearlescence) right now, and I think they might be the maximum in a round pearl for me, with no fold-over (stand alone, with big backs). Maybe I could go 9mm, idk.

Someone is going to be very lucky.

Also, isn't the-in-the-box mauve color with just eyeballs, average light, really cool? The color you see changes a little bit all day long, while the little pearls' color doesn't. The rainbows come out strong in dim light or intense daylight.

_35338.jpg

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful, Lisa! Awesome colours and luster, too bad they're too big for you as studs. Your ring idea sounds very good.

Lisa C

Rough_Rock
I feel really silly to have announced that I'm returning the earrings, on PS no less :doh: , and now I know I can't let them go. ;-)

So, I'm also very sorry if anyone got their hopes up.

I unpacked them - AGAIN - last night, just to look at them. As I propped them up, my hand put them in deeper shadow and! they blushed darkly and winked, I kid you not. This morning, there they were on an overcast Winter morning, looking all rosy and intriguing...I'm lost!

I have cataracts right now (just found out recently; shocking, because I thought people with cataracts were pretty blind, and it doesn't seem so bad. I thought I just needed a new prescription), and if the earrings are this gorgeous with cataracts, they're going to be out of this world when I can see them clearly. I can't wait!!!

Now, I'm on to Happy Candy Pearl Owner land :wavey:

Lisa C

Rough_Rock
And I'm sorry, Lovinggems, for calling you pearlsngems; after already calling you by your PG name and editing that post, I couldn't edit again.
Thanks, Tucs, that's one astonishing pearl for sure.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so glad you're keeping them, because you really seem to be loving them. If you don't want to wear them as studs, I'm sure you can find a way of wearing them that makes you happy.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lisa,

You are in the same boat we have all been in. :lol: I'm glad you love them after all.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Hope your eyes get better soon, it doesn't matter if you get the names mixed up I too often make typos. Good choice in keeping the earrings.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Lisa C The candy earrings are not too big on you in my opinion. They look more than fabulous on you!!!! :love:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
seaurchin|1446936328|3946792 said:
I got my candy drops from Pearls of Joy maven collection today, (number four) and they are absolutely wonderful. They're a nice size for everyday, nicely shaped, and metallic bronze-pink-green. I don't have time for pics today but I'll try to post them soon. I'll wear these often.

poj_drops.jpg

Seaurchin: can you pls post your pics? What is the body color for your drops? I'm finding it really hard to 'read' the true color from the pic.

Anyone who returned your drops: There are a few returns for the drops... any particular reason why?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results