shape
carat
color
clarity

Maven sale - returned candy earrings?

EAB

Rough_Rock
Icy Jade,
I returned pair #7. They were very different in person to my eye. From the picture I thought they would be much cooler, with blue and green tones. They were a warm bronze color, with much less color variation than shown. In fact I contacted Kevin because I thought I had been sent the wrong pair they were so different. I thought I could have gotten #4 by mistake.

I will say the pearls were very nice, but I cannot wear warm colors, so they were just not for me. I have learned I need to stick with whites, blues and Tahitians, as interesting and tempting as the exotics are.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
EAB|1448912780|3955669 said:
Icy Jade,
I returned pair #7. They were very different in person to my eye. From the picture I thought they would be much cooler, with blue and green tones. They were a warm bronze color, with much less color variation than shown. In fact I contacted Kevin because I thought I had been sent the wrong pair they were so different. I thought I could have gotten #4 by mistake.

I will say the pearls were very nice, but I cannot wear warm colors, so they were just not for me. I have learned I need to stick with whites, blues and Tahitians, as interesting and tempting as the exotics are.

EAB: thanks! I was tempted by #7. But after hearing from you, I think they are not for me too. I think the candy earring colors are really hard to read. So do we take the 'tips' to reflect the true color? Hmm...

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
I ended up ordering #8 during the Black Friday sale. I was looking for drops to go with my old YG huggies and I think these may be a good match. I generally don't wear warm colours so much, but I think (I hope) they will look good with my YG huggies, which I find I don't wear more often because it's kind of boring to wear them on their own. Anyway, I liked #7 for shape and luster but, having read about others' experiences with "candy coloured" pearls, I thought the colour would not be what I am looking for. #8 seems to have more purplish colour to it, so I'm hoping it will be good. I will post photos when I get the pair.

Lisa C

Rough_Rock
Hi you guys! Thanks for all the kind words, if I had to be in a small boat I couldn't have picked a better group! You make me smile all the time.
I've been helping clean out my son's apt, missing the postings. Here are the earrings early, early on a sunny morning at his place

_35448.jpg

_35449.jpg

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
My candy colour drops from PoJ (#8 in the photo posted above) have arrived, and I think they are perfect for my YG huggies. The luster is wonderful, and the colour is coppery with quite a bit of purple. It is difficult to capture the colours in photos, and I will post photos when I get better ones (very overcast today). I think I like my white metallic drops better, but these add a bit of colour and are also lovely.

_35606.jpg

img_8686.png

_35607.jpg

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
They look great, but I'm a sucker for that look, so I have a very biased opinion.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, BWeaves :D

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Lovely drops Tucs, I also am partial to the huggies + dangles look.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks lovinggems!

Here's a better photo -- so hard to capture the colours, but this one is closer.

candy.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results