shape
carat
color
clarity

Matching band for this ring?

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
I am about to purchase this setting from BGD, and am wondering what all of you would do for a band? I am open to ideas from the BGD collection or from anywhere else. I am even willing to consider a plain band if it seems like a good fit. I just don't have a good eye for this stuff. If anyone has a similar set and would like to post pics it would be much appreciated :D

BGDRing2.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I don't know what the sides of your ring look like, but an eternity band may rub against the diamonds or prongs of your ering. I would ask BGD what he suggests in terms of safety for your ering if you decide on a band with diamonds. That said, an eternity ring would look really beautiful and blingy with this.

In general, I think bands that are equal in width, or slightly narrower than the ering shank look good, and do not compete with the ering. A plain band would look great, and may be practical for wearing everyday because it will hold up to an active lifestyle. Maybe you could get a plain band for the wedding ring, and an eternity for an anniversary band, and switch them out as needed/wanted.

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
Here is a side pic of the ring. How many mm would you do on a plain band?

BGDSide.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ring. Maybe a plain band or a scattered diamond band.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
marcy|1310928568|2970866 said:
Very pretty ring. Maybe a plain band or a scattered diamond band.
I like the idea of a non-match wedding band like a scattered band, plain band or something else.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
It looks like the diamonds may scratch because they are open on the sides. You can confirm with BGD, but the solid or scatter band may be safer.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I'd like a matching. I would guess BGD makes this setting so you could were a matching band and the stones would not touch.

I have a ering with micropave, and a WF band that's prong set. They do not look good together. Two different styles but close enough to conflict.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice!

I'd go for a plain 1.5mm band (visibly thinner than your Ering), pipe-cut w/ strong corners to match the plain part of the shank - and same depth off the finger as your Ering shank, too.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ETA kinda like this - excuse the photochop

ccp.png

Or - if you have long fingers turn that 1.5mm plain pipe-cut band into a 5+mm plain pipe-cut band :love:

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
Yssie|1311911646|2979514 said:
ETA kinda like this - excuse the photochop

ccp.png

Or - if you have long fingers turn that 1.5mm plain pipe-cut band into a 5+mm plain pipe-cut band :love:

I do like the look of a plain band with it, maybe I could see if BGD would make a plain band to sit flush with it. Thanks for photo shopping for me!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear a very thin plain band like Yssie photoshopped for you in between my matchin ERing and wedding band which are Borh prong set like yours.. The diamonds don't rub each other and the bands no longer blend into each other. I'm on my iPhone now but I can upload a pic later :)

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
Amys Bling|1311945719|2979688 said:
I wear a very thin plain band like Yssie photoshopped for you in between my matchin ERing and wedding band which are Borh prong set like yours.. The diamonds don't rub each other and the bands no longer blend into each other. I'm on myniphobe niw but I can upload a pic later :)

Thanks Amy, I would love to see it :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results