shape
carat
color
clarity

Match Lost Pearl Earring

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
im wondering if anyone has any experience with matching a lost pearl earring

I lost the mate to my mikimoto akoya stud pearl earrings. it is 8.5mm and is graded AAA

i can always go back to mikimoto to ask if they are willing to find a match and replacement. but before i do so, i thought i would ask those in this pearl subforum. they were purchased from the mikimoto boutique years ago

any ideas or leads are appreciated =)2
IMG_20201031_184817_2.jpg

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
You could ask Pearl Paradise. They have a huge inventory and might be able to match it, if you sent it to them (assuming you're in the US). It would probably be a lot less expensive than Mikimoto.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
You could ask Pearl Paradise. They have a huge inventory and might be able to match it, if you sent it to them (assuming you're in the US). It would probably be a lot less expensive than Mikimoto.

thanks!
yes, im in the us.
mikimoto is definitely a bit pricey.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I second Pearl Paradise. They have the inventory and excellent customer service to do this for you.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Big Fat Facets Andrew Moline for gemmy akoya!

A Mikimoto AAA akoya is going to be impossible to match outside the true gem range - which most vendors won't stock by default (this quality of pearl is just too pricey for general purpose sales). Andrew would be able to find a mate for it though! And he's a darling to work with ::)

His insta -

Last edited:

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
@Big Fat Facets Andrew Moline for gemmy akoya!

A Mikimoto AAA akoya is going to be impossible to match outside the true gem range - which most vendors won't stock by default (this quality of pearl is just too pricey for general purpose sales). Andrew would be able to find a mate for it though! And he's a darling to work with ::)

His insta -

thank you!
wow, you seem to know alot about pearls. i don't know too much but i do LOVE pearls. (i need to spend more time reading the pearl threads)
the pearls featured in molinepearls instagram feed are SO gleaming lustrous:kiss2:
i will contact both pearl paradise and molinepearls to see what they can find

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you!
wow, you seem to know alot about pearls. i don't know too much but i do LOVE pearls. (i need to spend more time reading the pearl threads)
the pearls featured in molinepearls instagram feed are SO gleaming lustrous:kiss2:
i will contact both pearl paradise and molinepearls to see what they can find

I actually met Andrew on PS! His pearls are really incredible, and his prices are really reasonable for the quality of pearl. I got my first gem strand of akoyas earlier this year from him and I've fallen hard :love: And I've learnt so much about pearls from him!!

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
I actually met Andrew on PS! His pearls are really incredible, and his prices are really reasonable for the quality of pearl. I got my first gem strand of akoyas earlier this year from him and I've fallen hard :love: And I've learnt so much about pearls from him!!

well, ive contacted both pearl paradise and moline pearls. im hoping to hear from them soon. thanks again for the lead to moline pearls. if his instagram feed is any indication, he would be able to find a replacement.

ive been thinking about a nice pair of larger buttony shaped white south sea studs in addition to the mikimoto replacement ...

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
updates:

quite impressed with molinepearls! i was advised to contact mikimoto so that my pearl studs would remain authentic "mikimoto" pearls. OR i can purchase a brand new pair from moline or mikimoto and turn my lonely pearl into a pendant

never heard a peep from pearl paradise

so i am off to contact mikimoto ...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results