shape
carat
color
clarity

Matatora’s Lockes Solitaire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

dinosaur and diamond 3.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Last one...I will be good.
emsmile.gif

dinosaur and diamond 4.JPG

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/13/2006 2:46:42 PM
Author: Matatora

DancingFire- Yes I wore it to class!

did they all put on their sunglasses ?
10.gif
different setting style come and go but a classic 6 prong will always be in style forever
36.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mat -- I have been poring over every single one of those pictures! You know my JA custom solitaire was modeled after that very ring on your hand....and as much as I loved mine, your pics make me think I should''ve gone with the "real thing" from the very beginning! It''s amazing! I love the gracefulness and flow of the prongs, and your stone....well, there are no words! It''s beyond sparkly!!!

I''m so glad that your story had such a happy (and quick!) resolution!!!! ENJOY!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

DF- I don’t think anyone noticed the ring at all, perhaps they just did not say anything? Either way I am really happy with it. Yippee!

9.gif

KristyDarling- I am glad you like it, I know you had some issues with your center stone coming loose with the version JA made for you. No fun there. I am so happy that V and I went with this setting. Like DF said it is a more classic setting and now that I have had both…I really think the simpler and still very lovely lines are more in line with me in general.
I am very excited to see your new ring, with that big ole’ RB and those pears. Oh that is going to be yummy!
18.gif

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Matatora.....it is stunning! I love the craftsmanship....love the sparkle....yummy!

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
Mat ~

Sorry I am so late to this thread ~ I just got home.

In a word, your new ring is STUNNING
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
... Wear it in the best of health.

The diamond is exquisite ... there are no other words to describe it.

And while I''m generally not a huge fan of 6-prong settings, yours is really perfect - - it''s elegant in its simplicity, and I love the fluid lines and look of it! It cups the stone so beautifully, and seems to be the perfect height ... neither too high nor too low.

The setting is really gorgeous and I would love to hear the story of how you found it!

I also think Locke''s should give you some type of promotional discount, since you''ve definitely increased their presence on this forum!
2.gif

Congratulations again! I hope you sleep well tonight (well, better than you did last night!
2.gif
I was awake too and I couldn''t believe how late you were up on this Forum!)

BrownEyes
4.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i keep coming back to this thread. it''s such a wonderful creation from stone to setting!
what do you have in mind for the wedding band??

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

Jetmal- Thank you!

BrownEyes- FountainFairFax and I went wondering through NYC and we went to Lockes when they were still in Columbus Circle. I am pleased with the setting height as well, it is really very low, possibly the lowest I have seen, but I think it works nicely with the ring!

Jcrow- Thanks! I am thinking the matching platinum band as my wedding band. I have always liked it when the husband and wife had the same band just in different sizes. We may do that and a diamond band since V thinks they are nice too.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
OMG MAT!!!!

It is absolute PERFECTION. Seriously, i''m sooooo in love with that ring. Ahhhhhhh, it''s SOOOOO gorgeous! That is totally my favorite solitaire of all time. The profile is sooooo fantastic! The setting definitely does that gorgeous stone justice!

Congratulations girl, you''ve got a STUNNER of a new ring.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Matatora,

I posted earlier about how much I LOVE your ring, but I have to post again.

If you will be looking at your new ring now and won''t be paying much attention to your beautiful aquamarine ring now, I will take it, Tee Hee.

Linda

W2W

Rough_Rock
Mata-mata-matatora. Nice ring. Very, very nice ring! Big, sparkly, georgeous, very, very nice ring. Should I go on?

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
THANKS FOR ALL THE PICS!!!
YOUR RING IS JUST AMAZING!

Lovely stone, beautiful setting, just perfect in every way!
Enjoy!!
You deserve it!!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2006 9:10:20 PM
Author: Matatora
Okay because I cannot help myself I took pictures of the ring on a “dinosaur” that V made me our first year of college. He was making it using forks (from the dining hall) and battery charger, it was never finished because sadly his RA informed that you cannot weld things in your dorm room. Who knew?

Mata this fork dinosaur is hilarious!!! Ohh it brings back the greatest memories of the dorms, so many adventures
2.gif
I was then an RA for 2 years too, and kids sure can come up with creative things!

freckles127

Shiny_Rock
OMG!! That is so gorgeous, my favorite ring! I absolutely love solitaires and yours is to die for! I actually work right near the Lockes store in the Time Warner building and think I''ll go in and check it out tomorrow during lunch..

I love your rock, the shine and the setting!

Amandas_Jewels

Rough_Rock
Oh Mat - it just looks so fab on your hand!! I am happy for you!! Congrats!!
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the idea of a platinum wedding band to match V''s. And a diamond band as a wedding present perhaps?? Did you try on their diamond bands too?? I like having the option of wearing a platinum band for everyday and a diamond band to dress it up. Best of both worlds so to speak.
31.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m guessing Lockes will soon be getting quite a few phone calls from interested PSers!!!
9.gif

I just love a beautiful, classic solitaire! But yours has a unique twist with the surprise diamonds, and those curving prongs....love em!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
SCAN-NER! SCAN-NER! Gals, we have to CHANT!

I swear I want to suck on it like a ring-pop! Mmm-mmm GOOD.

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Matadora...your ring is simply stunning
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
It''s so classic, elegant, and beautiful...I can''t say enough about it LOL! I really love the flower pictures...those are my favorite. It''s HUGE
30.gif
Enjoy your new ring and wear it in good health!

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
L
30.gif
VE L
30.gif
VE L
30.gif
VE it!!!!!!!
36.gif

Great choice. It defines perfection
30.gif

That gorgeous ring could not have found a sweeter or more deserving owner. Congrats to you and V!!!

laila

Shiny_Rock
Hi Matatora! Still loving this thread and your gorgeous gorgeous ring!!! Just wondering if I can ask a quick question - I''ve heard several people mention surprise diamonds on your ring - are there surprise diamonds on the head? I didn''t think so, but maybe I''m just not seeing it right?

Also, the more pics the better, so please post more if you can!!
2.gif
I LOVE seeing them!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
emlove.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

It is so beautiful I have no words!!!! HOLY MOTHER OF BLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mat I am really loving that head - it makes her look huge and it flows so beautifully!
36.gif
36.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2006 12:43:15 AM
Author: decodelighted

SCANNER, SCANNER!
36.gif
36.gif

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
HAHA I love the fork dinosaur...made me think back to the dorm days as well...

Matatora your new ring is so classy and sophisticated. Its the most unique solitaire i have seen. I love how the little surprise diamonds on the sides make it look so regal.

The band looks like it wont hurt you AND the prongs look like they will protect your stone AND you will be able to get a great wedding band to go with it! i may have missed this but what kind of diamond band are you thinking to go with it?

congrats and so happy it worked out for you after all you went thru!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2006 11:57:08 PM
Author: freckles127
OMG!! That is so gorgeous, my favorite ring! I absolutely love solitaires and yours is to die for! I actually work right near the Lockes store in the Time Warner building and think I''ll go in and check it out tomorrow during lunch..

I love your rock, the shine and the setting!

Awww thank you!!! HouMedGal!

LindaW- The aquamarine was my sweet 16 gift from my Daddy...I love that thing!

Muimi- He he, my first thought was yes, please go on! I love positive affirmation! I am such a brat!

Dbgaap- I am always up for pictures! I still have a few left according to FataFelice I am getting there!

Sunkist- I do not envy you…an RA in an engineering dorm is scary job…my boy (and his now roommate) figured out how to make applejack milk and mountain dew explode…sigh, we are soo not having kids.

Freckles- Being that I have no idea where the Time Warner building is, I just thought I would mention that the Lcokes store is now on Madison Ave!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2006 12:43:15 AM
Author: decodelighted

Deco- You darn near made me choke, I was laughing so hard! Ring pop indeed!
Amadans Jewels- Thank you!

Kaleigh- I am glad you agree, there is just something so romantic about his and hers bands to me. I have not gone to try on rings yet. I imagine I will do that after I start planning the wedding…

KristyDarling- Arent you sweet! I worked with Darrin Plesh and he was an absolute angel, very prompt at returning phone calls and emails.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Just came back to drool some more. I love those flower shots!!!!!
30.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2006 7:35:13 AM
Author: PunchNPie75
HAHA I love the fork dinosaur...made me think back to the dorm days as well...

Matatora your new ring is so classy and sophisticated. Its the most unique solitaire i have seen. I love how the little surprise diamonds on the sides make it look so regal.

The band looks like it wont hurt you AND the prongs look like they will protect your stone AND you will be able to get a great wedding band to go with it! i may have missed this but what kind of diamond band are you thinking to go with it?

congrats and so happy it worked out for you after all you went thru!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Small- I am happy with flower shots as well, I wish the sun had been a bit brighter yesterday…but I can always try again later.

BeunaGirl- Why thank you, you know I love your Simon G stunner!

Laila- Yes there is a diamond nestled in each prong, 6 total! I guess this means I need to take more pictures…The diamonds really are quite fun in person, just a touch of sparkle!

BlueRoses- I love ya! That made laugh woo! You and Deco are trying to kill me!

Lorelei- I really like the head as well, it is so clean and the finish on the piece is simply amazing…I have never seen anything quite like it, I feel so lucky!

Sunkist- I am going to do scanner shots, promise! I went over at around midnight but some poor grad student was using it for his thesis…and these crazy academic types don’t understand about the PS eye candy!

PunchNPie- It is the most unqie solitare I have ever seen, and I think perhaps the prettiest, or a close tie with the true Tiffany. But this is a little more me with the half round band and surprise diamonds. The more I wear it the more I am glad this is what we went with!
I have not yet looked at bands, but I will and you know I will be posting pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results