shape
carat
color
clarity

Mastercut Gems

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I thought the giant cloudy aquamarine was beautiful.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
NKOTB|1309788780|2961483 said:
( Maybe I shouldn't have taken the time to grab the Zambian amethyst and little neon blue-green tourmaline.

The amethyst was really tempting, a true beauty. Also the Montana sapphire, I almost went for that -- have so many stones needing to be set, even DH complains when anything arrives in the mail. Oh sigh, self control is no fun!!! :saint:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
herekittykitty|1309795265|2961546 said:
bright ice|1309794121|2961532 said:

That will be one awesome collection.

Thanks!

I have a grandaughter with an August birthday so this collection will be hers one day.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
His homepage now says he is done listing for today and we should all go about our day.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HKK: All I can say is congratulations on everything you got! :appl: :appl: You deserve it all; I (on the west coast) debated whether to set my alarm and get up early. Sleeping in won, and the "good stuff" was gone - no complaints though, I'm a little richer and more rested! And you have some treasures! I want to know who got the cuprian? I'm in love with anything with a glow...

Oh, and I too, love that green green demantoid. Now that is a collector stone (too bad it didn't quite have the horsetail)

Happy Fourth everybody!

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
Would you believe that I have no idea what you guys are talking about with this drop and cart talk?

I'm assuming you mean on his site? How do you know where and when?
I've seen things mentioned in regard to another vendor who does this but are they just clearing house?

o_O

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Drop= Loading new gems onto a site. Dana said on his website he would be starting at 9 am today.

Cart=Paypal cart. Someone buys a gem and it doesn't automatically take it off the site, so two people could be trying to buy a gem at the same time and one of them gets there first. Kind of like the Kentucky Derby.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am in love with that fuchsia rhodolite. I hope someone on PS got that and will post pics too!

familynurse

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

First time post, but I have been lurking on this forum for about a year. I bought my first gemstone today from Mastercutgems- its the Tanzania Mahenge Hot Pink Spinel 1.005 carat. I have been wanting one since I first learned about them last year, but haven't been able to afford one. This one is not perfect , but color is pretty and the price was right! :) I haven't received a message from Paypal or Dana that it didn't go through, so I am keeping my fingers crossed. Can't wait to see it.
Also wanted to thank all you posters- I have learned so much from all of you!! If I did get the stone I will be asking for setting advice.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
familynurse|1309803769|2961605 said:
Hi everyone,

First time post, but I have been lurking on this forum for about a year. I bought my first gemstone today from Mastercutgems- its the Tanzania Mahenge Hot Pink Spinel 1.005 carat. I have been wanting one since I first learned about them last year, but haven't been able to afford one. This one is not perfect , but color is pretty and the price was right! :) I haven't received a message from Paypal or Dana that it didn't go through, so I am keeping my fingers crossed. Can't wait to see it.
Also wanted to thank all you posters- I have learned so much from all of you!! If I did get the stone I will be asking for setting advice.
Welcome! Now that you have revealed yourself you must show us pictures!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1309798185|2961573 said:
HKK: All I can say is congratulations on everything you got! :appl: :appl: You deserve it all; I (on the west coast) debated whether to set my alarm and get up early. Sleeping in won, and the "good stuff" was gone - no complaints though, I'm a little richer and more rested! And you have some treasures! I want to know who got the cuprian? I'm in love with anything with a glow...

Oh, and I too, love that green green demantoid. Now that is a collector stone (too bad it didn't quite have the horsetail)

Happy Fourth everybody!

Which cuprian - I can't see one????? Do you mean the 1.33 Afghan Tourmaline? If so, I don't think it's copper bearing so unlikely to be a cuprian and more likely just a nice tourmaline. Good price for it though.

If you like the demantoid, I would get it. It's very pretty and the absence of a horsetail in a gem that size, isn't a worry.

deorwine

Shiny_Rock
NKOTB|1309802437|2961593 said:
I am in love with that fuchsia rhodolite. I hope someone on PS got that and will post pics too!

I agree! I am glad someone bought that to put me out of my misery... I kept going back and forth on whether i could afford it. My pocketbook thanks that person :)

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats Familynurse - do you mean first stone from Mastercut, or in general? Either way, a fine first! :) This is my first Dana purchase.

Jewelfreak - I didn't use to like purple (or pink), but they are my daughter's two favourite colours, and so I've grown to quite like them. I had been emailing Barry about amethysts this week, coincidentally, and so decided to grab this one. Which Montana sapphire are you referring to?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1309807702|2961636 said:
LovingDiamonds|1309804507|2961617 said:
Which cuprian - I can't see one????? Do you mean the 1.33 Afghan Tourmaline? If so, I don't think it's copper bearing so unlikely to be a cuprian and more likely just a nice tourmaline. Good price for it though.

http://www.mastercutgems.com/index.php?page=view&cat=284,,, 9th row down, right hand side.

Completely missed that one! When the word neon and cuprian are used, I always think blue not pink! I hadn't even seen that stone when I flicked through the new items! Thanks for showing it to me.

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
herekittykitty|1309799152|2961579 said:
Drop= Loading new gems onto a site. Dana said on his website he would be starting at 9 am today.

Cart=Paypal cart. Someone buys a gem and it doesn't automatically take it off the site, so two people could be trying to buy a gem at the same time and one of them gets there first. Kind of like the Kentucky Derby.

Thanks KittyKitty :)

familynurse

Rough_Rock
NKOTB|1309808104|2961638 said:
Congrats Familynurse - do you mean first stone from Mastercut, or in general? Either way, a fine first! :) This is my first Dana purchase.

Jewelfreak - I didn't use to like purple (or pink), but they are my daughter's two favourite colours, and so I've grown to quite like them. I had been emailing Barry about amethysts this week, coincidentally, and so decided to grab this one. Which Montana sapphire are you referring to?

First time to buy a colored gem stone. Can't wait to see it. In the meantime ,I do love looking at what everyone else got.

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow, looks like a lot of things sold. I've been following what went up but have no money to get anything. :knockout:

That kunzite is really pretty...hope a PSer got it!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
gahhh... i go camping and everyone has a sale! :(

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
The one day I'm not around and I'm late to the party... :rolleyes:

rparker1998

Shiny_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results