clarity

Master Cut Gems Sale

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sale is still on!

reirei

Shiny_Rock
The prices were too good! I could not resist the sale - bought 4 gems - a few gems for myself and a few to make into pretty jewelry to gift to family!

1. $18 Afghanistan Natural Lapis Lazuli 2.59 carat
  2. $58 Peruvian Blue Opal 19.99 carat
  3. $90 Natural Tanzania Unheated Sapphire 1.35 carat * - pastel lavender silver (top left)
  4. $238 Sri Lanka Natural Blue Sapphire 1.65 carat - icy blue (top right) -

40478.jpg

Afghanistan Natural Lapis Lazuli 2.59 carat
Clarity: opaque
Color: intense royal blue with pyrite
Cut: oval medium dome cabochon
Notes:
This is moving into the better grade with pyrite. I have a large amount of the royal blue with no pyrite which the dealer told me was the finest. I spent 2 days at a gem show with a flash light and putting it in and out of the water. Wet to see the color and then sit and let it dry to see any cracks. It was truly a chore but it is worth it as i do not see this on the market any longer in the blocky pieces I have. I will be cutting the better ones soon. I had to get my feel for the cabbing back; creating the right base, slope, and curvature right so the eye cannot discern any flat spots. Plus Rachelle will be making some jewelry out of some of these so I want her to have the proper base landing height etc. to make a nice bezel. I too will be setting some of these so i want no problems when I go to hammer the bezel. But in any case; this is very nice material. No treatment in any way.
Origin: Sar e Sang, Afghanistan
Size: 11.8 x 7.9 x 3.9 mm tall
Treatment: none
Weight: 2.59 carat

40523.jpg
Peruvian Blue Opal 19.99 carat
Clarity: translucent
Color: neon blue
Cut: free form low dome cabochon
Notes:
This gem was cut by me from material i got from my Peruvian mineral dealer this past Jan. 2020. Rachelle made some very nice silver bezel jewelry this past year and used up all my old stock like this. I was so happy my contact still had the mine and was sourcing the non-dendretic material for me. This gem mineral has had NO treatments. Nice paraiba type colors.
Origin: Peru
Size: 29 x 21.5 x 5 mm tall
Treatment: None
Weight: 19.99 carat

39967.jpg
Natural Tanzania Unheated Sapphire 1.35 carat
Clarity: very slight inclusion
Color: pastel lavender silver
Cut: modified oval brilliant re-cut
Notes:
This gem was part of a unheated parcel I got from Tanzania. I bought some very poorly cut gems in all shapes and sizes from my facet rough dealer there who owns a cutting shop. I can buy the poorly cut gems cheaper than i can buy the rough ??? Oh well; I pass on the saving to you. There is a micro remainder of the original culet in this gem and i am sure it will close up when set. It has very good light return... No heat or anything. This was a 1.69 carat lifeless gem when i got it. * Click on the VIDEO URL Link to watch! *
Origin: Tanzania Tanga region
Size: 7.2 x 6.3 x 3.9 mm deep
Treatment:none
Weight:1.35 carat

40001.jpg

Sri Lanka Natural Blue Sapphire 1.65 carat

Clarity: light inclusions

Color: medium light blue

Cut: modifed oval brilliant re-cut

Notes:

This is another gem sapphire from that parcel i got this spring 2019. This one was 2.05 carat before i started to re-cut. this one was listed as basic heat only. They were very close in color and size but the other was cut so badly I did not try to make them a matched pair. This gem was windowed and had a really bad polish before I started. Now I feel it is a gem worthy of a nice gold mount... Parcels like these are few and far between and I have not nor will not be offered a parcel like this one until next spring. They do not give deals this close to Christmas...

Origin:Sri Lanka

Size:7.5 x 6.5 x 4.15 mm deep

Treatment:basic heat only

Weight: 1.65 carat

Last edited:

reirei

Shiny_Rock
I bought 4! Of course I forgot to take screen shots and now they are off the wea site however I was able to find a few pictures from google.
Pictures 1&2 are a sapphire I went back to a few times over the last few months. I thought it was neat and hope the inclusions are cool IRL too!

picture 3 is a zircon I’ve had my eye on for MONTHS! Finally able to snag it!
Picture 4 was an impulse buy tourmaline

4Th purchase with no photo was a lot of 4 garnet baguettes.

@Hivona - lovely gems! My trick was I looked at my browser history and then I could find the links again to download the pictures!

reirei

Shiny_Rock
Dammit, I bought 2 things. I’ve been wanting to make some long pendants for nights out (ha! After the pandemic etc)

So I bought:

AB9A04E5-6494-422C-9CF9-F1679C31C524.png 8FF8E8DA-9384-474B-A3C4-4810830F2639.png

I have to stop before DH divorces me. Lol

@whitewave I got a lapis luzuli too! Mine is not as nice as yours but I love the royal blue color

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
I bought two stones on Saturday morning - an untreated emerald cut yellow sapphire and a native cut oval Namya red spinel. I almost bought one of the 6ct blue zircons but decided to be good... then a few hours later, I bought a 6.5 x 4mm Paraiba oval from Desert Rose :lol-2:

1.565ct Yellow sapphire from Sri Lanka
Size: 7.68 x 5.1 x 3.6 mm deep

39466.jpg

.99ct Red spinel from Namya, Burma
Size: 7 x 5.4 x 3mm deep

39733.jpg

With the spinel, Dana makes a point of the window but I figured it was fine for $40 lol. I could probably make a fun collage with all the little gems I buy purely for looking at the color and not for setting in jewelry.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still waiting for mine.

I haven't bought from him in years, does an email usually gonot with a tracking number?

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
I bought these for a project.

Screenshot_20200708-231018.png

Good for you! I wanted them for studs. Will go and remove them from my wish list. Beautiful color, please let us know as soon as you start/finish your project!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Still waiting for mine.

I haven't bought from him in years, does an email usually gonot with a tracking number?

I did get an email with the tracking number. Definitely check your spam folder.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@alene thank you? I did check but no email anywhere so I sent them an email.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Good for you! I wanted them for studs. Will go and remove them from my wish list. Beautiful color, please let us know as soon as you start/finish your project!

Thanks!

I have a lightning ridge crystal opal ring that is in a diamond halo that I do not wear. I plan to convert that ring into a bangle and the sapphires would go on each side of the opal. That's the plan anyway!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got my sapphire today. It reads much more aquamarine than mint to me which I could deal with but there is an inclusion that is bothersome so it might have to go back. Blah, was really hoping to love this.

IMG_9028.JPG IMG_9029.JPG IMG_9030.JPG IMG_9031.JPG

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dammit, I bought 2 things. I’ve been wanting to make some long pendants for nights out (ha! After the pandemic etc)

So I bought:

AB9A04E5-6494-422C-9CF9-F1679C31C524.png 8FF8E8DA-9384-474B-A3C4-4810830F2639.png

I have to stop before DH divorces me. Lol

I’m keeping mine. I’ll have to take a pic— it’s been a shitshow around here.

Django74th

Shiny_Rock
I tried to stay away but I'm admittedly failing miserably. That neon green tourmaline may "need" to become mine.

While I'm at it, I was thinking about this spinel -- what do you guys all think? Is it too dark? I sense it could appear dark due to the photo lighting but I can't tell.

spinel.JPG

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Django0413 keep in mind that what you are seeing in Master Cut's photos (like most gem purveyors) is the stone at its best. If you think you'd mind it showing darker in many lighting situations, I would definitely avoid it.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried to stay away but I'm admittedly failing miserably. That neon green tourmaline may "need" to become mine.

While I'm at it, I was thinking about this spinel -- what do you guys all think? Is it too dark? I sense it could appear dark due to the photo lighting but I can't tell.

spinel.JPG

You can ask them for a video. They are super nice and that way you can see it perform IRL vs a still pic

Django74th

Shiny_Rock
Lovedogs — we’re definitely on the same wavelength. I just got finished emailing to ask for a video :). I’m getting the hang of this!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've found his photos to be less flattering than the stones actually are. The videos have been accurate and I've been pleasantly surprised when I receive his stones. But that's just my two cents.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
1.jpg 2.jpg

It'll take a while for me to receive the stuff I bought, but this is the heliodor I bought, and unfortunately I don't have the screenshots of the demantoid parcels. The heliodor looked so cute I squealed when I saw it, I just had to have it!

reirei

Shiny_Rock
1.jpg 2.jpg

It'll take a while for me to receive the stuff I bought, but this is the heliodor I bought, and unfortunately I don't have the screenshots of the demantoid parcels. The heliodor looked so cute I squealed when I saw it, I just had to have it!

I love this! ❤️ can’t wait to see how you set it.

reirei

Shiny_Rock
The prices were too good! I could not resist the sale - bought 4 gems - a few gems for myself and a few to make into pretty jewelry to gift to family!

3. $90 Natural Tanzania Unheated Sapphire 1.35 carat * - pastel lavender silver (top left)

40478.jpg

Notes:
This is moving into the better grade with pyrite. I have a large amount of the royal blue with no pyrite which the dealer told me was the finest. I spent 2 days at a gem show with a flash light and putting it in and out of the water. Wet to see the color and then sit and let it dry to see any cracks. It was truly a chore but it is worth it as i do not see this on the market any longer in the blocky pieces I have. I will be cutting the better ones soon. I had to get my feel for the cabbing back; creating the right base, slope, and curvature right so the eye cannot discern any flat spots. Plus Rachelle will be making some jewelry out of some of these so I want her to have the proper base landing height etc. to make a nice bezel. I too will be setting some of these so i want no problems when I go to hammer the bezel. But in any case; this is very nice material. No treatment in any way.

40523.jpg
Notes:
This gem was cut by me from material i got from my Peruvian mineral dealer this past Jan. 2020. Rachelle made some very nice silver bezel jewelry this past year and used up all my old stock like this. I was so happy my contact still had the mine and was sourcing the non-dendretic material for me. This gem mineral has had NO treatments. Nice paraiba type colors.

39967.jpg
Notes:
This gem was part of a unheated parcel I got from Tanzania. I bought some very poorly cut gems in all shapes and sizes from my facet rough dealer there who owns a cutting shop. I can buy the poorly cut gems cheaper than i can buy the rough ??? Oh well; I pass on the saving to you. There is a micro remainder of the original culet in this gem and i am sure it will close up when set. It has very good light return... No heat or anything. This was a 1.69 carat lifeless gem when i got it. * Click on the VIDEO URL Link to watch! *

40001.jpg

Notes:

This is another gem sapphire from that parcel i got this spring 2019. This one was 2.05 carat before i started to re-cut. this one was listed as basic heat only. They were very close in color and size but the other was cut so badly I did not try to make them a matched pair. This gem was windowed and had a really bad polish before I started. Now I feel it is a gem worthy of a nice gold mount... Parcels like these are few and far between and I have not nor will not be offered a parcel like this one until next spring. They do not give deals this close to Christmas...

My gems came this weekend! They look gorgeous in person! The photos don't do the gems justices as the gems are simply lovely in person. I believe the photos on the mastercuts website are not that flattering. Love all of them, and the deep price discount is amazing!

Dana and Rachelle even included a free gift! I thought that was so sweet of them!
I can't find it on the website but here are the stats
Rhodolite Garnet Matched Pair
5x7mm
1.64cts
DSC04675.JPG

My photos of the gems:

DSC04660.JPG DSC04664.JPG DSC04668.JPG DSC04672.JPG DSC04684.JPG DSC04686.JPG DSC04687.JPG DSC04692.JPG DSC04709.JPG DSC04710.JPG DSC04716.JPG DSC04719.JPG DSC04723.JPG DSC04731.JPG

Last edited:

reirei

Shiny_Rock

40478.jpg

Notes:

40523.jpg
Notes:

39967.jpg
Notes:

40001.jpg

Notes:

Sadly, mastercut gems amazing sale is now over. However, I got a chance to set these into pendants this weekend myself with some pre-notched sterling silver settings and pliers! I think they came out really well!

The icy blue Sri Lankan sapphire is my favorite!

DSC04984.JPG
DSC04976.JPG DSC04920.JPG DSC04965.JPG DSC04972.JPG
DSC04924.JPG
DSC04951.JPG
DSC04936.JPG DSC04932.JPG DSC04908.JPG DSC04911.JPG

And a neckshot of how they look!

pendants.jpg

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results