shape
carat
color
clarity

Master Cut Gems Sale

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Master Cut Gems is having a sale right now. Is anybody getting anything? I'm trying to be good, but it's so hard!!!!!!

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok I am weak. I bought a heliodor. I am tempted to get another one but hoping that somebody else will scoop it up, otherwise I'll end up buying it to placate this....anxiety? Unrest? Turmoil? Y'all know what I mean!!!:lol:

paragon1234

Shiny_Rock
I knew it was coming up but I didn't expect the prices to be so good, so I bought a few things. I emailed them to request a PayPal invoice, because I'm in the UK and can't order directly from their site. I hope no one else buys the stones I wanted in the meantime. Or that they will honour the orders by timestamp.

Hivona

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I bought 4! Of course I forgot to take screen shots and now they are off the wea site however I was able to find a few pictures from google.
Pictures 1&2 are a sapphire I went back to a few times over the last few months. I thought it was neat and hope the inclusions are cool IRL too!

picture 3 is a zircon I’ve had my eye on for MONTHS! Finally able to snag it!
Picture 4 was an impulse buy tourmaline

4Th purchase with no photo was a lot of 4 garnet baguettes.

Attachments

Last edited:

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Woohoo I got the items I wanted. I got

Screenshot_20200704-143425.jpg Screenshot_20200704-143432.jpg Screenshot_20200704-143439.jpg
Omg! You and I are twins or something!

I bought two parcels of demantoid before the sale because I wanted them before they are gone and that's the other heliodor I was agonizing over! Congratulations!!!!

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You know what now that the other heliodor I was tempted by has sold thankfully, I am now eyeing the other chartreuse heliodor still available. What the heck! And studying Yvonne's melee to use with the heliodor I bought. I didn't come across anything that would work nicely yet but I keep like trying to convince myself to reconsider that :lol:

paragon1234

Shiny_Rock
Omg! You and I are twins or something!

I bought two parcels of demantoid before the sale because I wanted them before they are gone and that's the other heliodor I was agonizing over! Congratulations!!!!
Hehe. I've mostly stuck with purple and blue stones, and now I'm venturing into greens and yellows. I don't even have a project in mind yet. Worst kind of impulse purchase.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So happy someone bought the blue Peruvian opal. I was SO TEMPTED but am on a ban for any loose stones.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hehe. I've mostly stuck with purple and blue stones, and now I'm venturing into greens and yellows. I don't even have a project in mind yet. Worst kind of impulse purchase.
I don't normally consider any beryls because I convinced myself they are too delicate for me. But I was really intrigued by the heliodor, Dana said they are very clean and sparkly in the descriptions so yeah I had to snatch one.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I don't normally consider any beryls because I convinced myself they are too delicate for me. But I was really intrigued by the heliodor, Dana said they are very clean and sparkly in the descriptions so yeah I had to snatch one.
Beryls are 8 on the Mohs scale. Apart from emeralds having lots of inclusions and prone to fracturing, I'd consider aquamarine, heliodore, morganite and goshenite very durable.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beryls are 8 on the Mohs scale. Apart from emeralds having lots of inclusions and prone to fracturing, I'd consider aquamarine, heliodore, morganite and goshenite very durable.
Ya that's the reasoning I used for the heliodor. However I have been known to have chipped a few spinels so I'd probably need to baby the heliodor!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I have had my eye on something there for a bit, but I really don't need to buy it. Plus, I'd have to spend money to set as well! I wish what I liked was not on sale.

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm eyeing several of the blue zircons, have been looking for one for a while!

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Celebratory Engagement Ring Upgrade And Bracelet
    Celebratory Engagement Ring Upgrade And Bracelet
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.