shape
carat
color
clarity

Masculine gemstones

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love these!! We should absolutely bring back awesome lapel pins, tie pins, and shirt studs to western fashion.

id love them to be hot on the heels of a brooch come back
and not just on the cat walk or on famouse rich people, but on every day folk like when my grandma and her sisters were young ladies going to town

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like pink isn't considered a welcome color for men, here. I'm a bit surprised by that.

i think pink is trickier more b/c different shades flatter different skin tones but i think men should wear all the pink they want and women all the blue and babies every color under the rainbow. really hate that pink/blue have become gendered. i also wish we'd stop describing people as black, brown, white, etc. too but that's a whole other discussion. rock your pink gems!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think pink is trickier more b/c different shades flatter different skin tones but i think men should wear all the pink they want and women all the blue and babies every color under the rainbow. really hate that pink/blue have become gendered. i also wish we'd stop describing people as black, brown, white, etc. too but that's a whole other discussion. rock your pink gems!

i have never got the pink girly thing
i grew up in the 70s and my barbies had orange and purple dresses and platform shoes
so although i have found memories of pink & grey from the '80s both are my least favourite colours (although i would like a grey spinal).
....don't start me on Disney Princess

i read somewhere that girls (coloured ) toys cost more than blue coloured toys

what kind of cheating lying sleezebag of a marketing guy thinks this stuff up and then implements it ?

excuse me going off on a tangent

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be bold and wear what one likes is my way of thinking.

The colour/gender divide bugs me, especially in toys and clothes.

DK :))

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I've got to say, I've seen men bowled over by black opals in ways I've never seen any woman friends react to any gemstones.

Definitely. One of the biggest Black Opal fans I have managed to create was one of my old co-workers when I worked as a geotechnician about 5 years ago, I happened to have one on me one day and he was absolutely blown away by what the geology he worked with every day could produce. I even got him cutting a few stones but being 6'2 and 300lb of Samoan muscle - he wasn't exactly delicate :lol:

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Durability is probably more important than color -- I would only go diamond, corundum, chrysoberyl, or maybe topaz. Emerald is too brittle and included.

Quoting myself and kicking myself -- I can't believe I left out spinel. I would wear spinel for sure.

Garnet scares me. Any ring I wear picks up mystery scratches within hours and I think I'm pretty careful. I guess I could get a few good years out of a garnet. My strategy now is to have a couple rings in rotation to increase the longevity; I was originally hoping to just have one that I really loved.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results