shape
carat
color
clarity

Married... Key West non-pro pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
OH MY GOODNESS!!! I love these pics!!! My husband and I married this November in Islamorada and then honeymooned in Key West. I''m definitely taking notes from this thread for places to go on our next trip to the Keys. Where did you go swimming with the dolphins? Was it Theatre of the Sea?

Many, many congratulations to you and Sara! You both look so happy and obviously you had a blast! Can''t wait to see more!

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for letting me share this story. (my boss thanks you for letting me get back to work)

KW_0122.jpg

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 2:24:00 PM
Author: Inanna
OH MY GOODNESS!!! I love these pics!!! My husband and I married this November in Islamorada and then honeymooned in Key West. I''m definitely taking notes from this thread for places to go on our next trip to the Keys. Where did you go swimming with the dolphins? Was it Theatre of the Sea?

Many, many congratulations to you and Sara! You both look so happy and obviously you had a blast! Can''t wait to see more!
Thanks Inanna!

Congratulations to you as well! Islamorada is a pretty area too. Do you have wedding pictures on here? I''ve been so busy with work, wedding planning, and making room for Sara in my house that I am way behind on everybody here.

Yes, she did it at Theater of the Sea. We checked out several places but that one fit in our schedule best. Fortunately, they don''t mind cameras. She really enjoyed the dolphin swim.

Treefrog

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 9:24:55 AM
Author: purselover
Your wedding sounds and looks incredible! You and your wife looked amazing, I loved your wife''s dress and your khakis. Congratulations
36.gif
Hi purselover,

Thanks so much for all the compliments! I enjoyed sharing it with you all.
1.gif

Treefrog

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Great story and pics. BTW the sub forum is Grooms Grooves, and you were definitely groovin''. You two make a cute couple and obviously had a blast.

Congrats.

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 3:50:27 PM
Author: jet2ks
Great story and pics. BTW the sub forum is Grooms Grooves, and you were definitely groovin''. You two make a cute couple and obviously had a blast.

Congrats.
Whoops! That was a typo. Out of curiosity, I just looked and grove is actually a word.
grove n. 1) a small group of trees without undergrowth.

Actually sounds like the palm trees on the beach at that spot. Guess I was groovin'' in the grove!
9.gif

Thanks so much!

I ate way too much that week. Can''t wait to get back on my tri bike!

Treefrog

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 3:58:58 PM
Author: treefrog

Date: 12/15/2009 3:50:27 PM

Congrats.
Whoops! That was a typo. Out of curiosity, I just looked and grove is actually a word.
grove n. 1) a small group of trees without undergrowth.

Actually sounds like the palm trees on the beach at that spot. Guess I was groovin'' in the grove!
9.gif

Thanks so much!

I ate way too much that week. Can''t wait to get back on my tri bike!

Treefrog
*Short threadjack*

Me, too. BTW, if you want to venture to Kansas for New Years Day, you are welcome to join our Red Eye Bike Ride. A group of us does a ride every New Years, about 20 miles if you go the whole route. The only thing that will cancel the ride is icy roads, we will ride in any temperature!

(I need to get back in the pool, too)

*threadjack over*

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Lovely wedding and lovely scenery.

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 10:23:39 AM
Author: doodle

LOL!!! I was thinking, ''MAN, this guy''s a jerk!'' until I saw your next post! Too funny! Your wedding looks like it was an absolute blast, and I hope you''ll come back with some pro pix when you get them. I LOOOOVE Key West--kinda wish DH and I had gotten married there sometimes! Any place that defines ''drag race'' as men racing down the street in heels and wigs is bound to be a fun time!
So I was a little deceptive. It made perfect sense once you saw the picture though. I thought it would be hysterical. Little did I know getting our pictures taken with mannequins would become a trend during the week.

I''ll definitely share the pro pics when we get them back.

So you''ve been there too. It''s such a fun place. Do you have any favorite things to do or places to eat there? I''ve been there many times but I know I''ve probably missed a lot.

You''re right - a drag race down Duval street would not be something to take a cooler of beer and children to!
23.gif

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 12:16:08 PM
Author: OUpeargirl
Your wedding looked like a lot of fun and you two really seem to love each other! This post totally brightened my day.
Hey OUpeargirl,

Yes - I''d say we had as much fun as we could with it. Always glad to brighten somebody''s day!
1.gif

Treefrog

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 12:41:51 PM
Author: monarch64
Congrats, Treefrog! Everything looked beautiful!
Thanks so much Heather!

We took a gamble on the weather but it really worked out well for us.

Oh, and I'm thrilled to see your recent WW posts! Absolutely thrilled.
36.gif

Treefrog

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 11:57:07 AM
This picture is mostly for happydreams. The cool part of site #12 at Smathers Beach is the palm trees right out on the beach. We didn''t take full advantage of them with our pictures but they offer so much more than just sand and water beach pictures. I don''t have a picture from this trip that shows it well but this one will give you some idea... if you''re even considering a beach wedding down there.
Hi Treefrog. I was a bit confused...I thought you were Sara (the lady in the pix)...If I had known you were the gentleman in the picture, I would have referred to you as Handsome and your wife as beautiful.
5.gif

We are getting married on the beach as well! We booked our venue ages ago. We will marry on the beach at the Casa Marina and will have the reception inside the hotel.

As for the welcome dinner, we were considering different places and conch republic is one of the places we are considering. I would say that is the perfect place to throw your reception. Free music (usually very good stuff) and the food is great.

I have to readd through the rest of your posts - will comment as I go along.

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/14/2009 8:13:01 PM
Author:treefrog
I''ve been to Key West about a dozen times. Sara went there once with me back in Feb 09. We considered a lot of local Mid-Atlantic options but finally decided on a Key West beach wedding at Sunset. We had 21 people there including ourselves. Neither of us wanted a justice of the peace/internet-ordained person performing the ceremony and we were blessed to have Sara''s pastor and his wife agree to come down for the wedding. He would have just enough time to make it back for his Sunday service.

Of course, after we booked the photographer and thoroughly checked the KW calendar of events, I was down in KW in Sept when I discovered December 4 was during Pirates in Paradise week! Aaaargh. More on this later.

The first lesson we learned is ''always travel with a large white garmet bag.'' We flew Southwest and as we were getting off the plane in Fort Lauderdale, one of the flight attendants handed us a bottle of champagne. We were shocked... but very happy.

We got our rental car and loaded it up for the beautiful drive through the keys.
We plan on doing this trip as well. I can''t wait! We will drive from Miami to Key west.

Are there any good restaurants we should stop by on the way down?
3.gif

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 1:43:52 PM
My first trip to Key West was in 1995 for a 10 year commemorative dive on the Spanish treasure galleon Nuestra Senora de Atocha. Mel Fisher found the galleon in 1985 and I found out about a once in a lifetime dive on it. Sunken galleons, gold, silver, emeralds, treasure chests... the stuff every boy dreams of. I had to sign up! I''ve met most of the Fisher family, spent an afternoon in their conservation lab conserving silver coins, and I''ve been to many of their annual celebrations in KW. I had to take a group to their museum. This is my father trying to steal a 7 pound gold bar.

I LOVE this museum. I went there in 2008, when I visited and was absolutely enchanted the story.
I think that movie "fool''s gold", which I own, is loosely based on the mel fisher story.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
great pictures treefrog! I agree with Freke - not only is it nice to see a guy on BWW, but also to see how much you care about your new wife! congrats!!

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 8:50:38 PM
Author: happydreams

Hi Treefrog. I was a bit confused...I thought you were Sara (the lady in the pix)...If I had known you were the gentleman in the picture, I would have referred to you as Handsome and your wife as beautiful.
5.gif

We are getting married on the beach as well! We booked our venue ages ago. We will marry on the beach at the Casa Marina and will have the reception inside the hotel.

As for the welcome dinner, we were considering different places and conch republic is one of the places we are considering. I would say that is the perfect place to throw your reception. Free music (usually very good stuff) and the food is great.

I thought there might have been a little confusion! Yes, I''m the groom. Thanks for the compliments both ways though!
1.gif

I think some of our people stayed at Casa Marina. Or maybe it was Santa Maria? I think there are two places... both in the same area. We looked into staying there too. Just looked it up... Casa Marina... I drove by there. Gorgeous looking place. Some of our people stayed at Santa Maria.

Well, whether you do a welcome dinner at CRSC or not, stop by there at some point. I had the St Kitts my first time there and it was divine. Our waither last week said that is one of their most popular dishes.

Miami to KW is a little shorter of a drive than our drive from Fort Lauderdale. It''s still a long drive but the scenery is nice. I think Air Tran is going to start servicing KW very soon. I''ll be using them in the future!

I''ve never actually stopped to eat along the way. I have no doubt I''ve missed some great restaurants.

I bought Fools Gold too! It''s actualy loosely based on the 1715 fleet shipwrecks between Cape Canaveral and Fort Pierce. The Fisher''s currently work those sites as well as the 1622 Atocha and Margarita sites near KW. The 1715 wrecks are pretty much at the shoreline and people regularly find treasure right on the beach... particularly after storms. I always stop by the museum in KW. They''ve made some pretty good finds this year and recent finds are displayed in the smaller gift shop on the side of the building. Fascinating history... and what Pricescope person doesn''t like to look at emeralds, gold and silver???

When are you having your wedding?

Treefrog

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 9:14:41 PM
Author: jcarlylew
great pictures treefrog! I agree with Freke - not only is it nice to see a guy on BWW, but also to see how much you care about your new wife! congrats!!
Thanks jcarlylew! I've made my rounds. First in RockyTalky, then in Proposal Ideas, then Hangout and Who's Who. Finally here in BWW & GG. Everybody on here has been simply fantastic and I am glad to have been able to share this experience with you all.

Treefrog

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 9:36:43 PM

5.gif

I thought there might have been a little confusion! Yes, I''m the groom. Thanks for the compliments both ways though!
1.gif

I think some of our people stayed at Casa Marina. Or maybe it was Santa Maria? I think there are two places... both in the same area. We looked into staying there too. Just looked it up... Casa Marina... I drove by there. Gorgeous looking place. Some of our people stayed at Santa Maria.

Well, whether you do a welcome dinner at CRSC or not, stop by there at some point. I had the St Kitts my first time there and it was divine. Our waither last week said that is one of their most popular dishes.

Miami to KW is a little shorter of a drive than our drive from Fort Lauderdale. It''s still a long drive but the scenery is nice. I think Air Tran is going to start servicing KW very soon. I''ll be using them in the future!

I''ve never actually stopped to eat along the way. I have no doubt I''ve missed some great restaurants.

I bought Fools Gold too! It''s actualy loosely based on the 1715 fleet shipwrecks between Cape Canaveral and Fort Pierce. The Fisher''s currently work those sites as well as the 1622 Atocha and Margarita sites near KW. The 1715 wrecks are pretty much at the shoreline and people regularly find treasure right on the beach... particularly after storms. I always stop by the museum in KW. They''ve made some pretty good finds this year and recent finds are displayed in the smaller gift shop on the side of the building. Fascinating history... and what Pricescope person doesn''t like to look at emeralds, gold and silver???

Treefrog
We are having our wedding next March. Studio Julie will be our photographer.

Your knowledge of the whole treasure discovery puts my knowledge to shame.
9.gif

In any case, it''s fascinating stuff. And I agree, most Price scopers would love that museum!

We were also considering the roof top cafe for our wedding. That would have been a much cozier venue...The Casa''s ballroom is gorgeous, but as a lot of or guests are backing out, I''m starting worry that the space will look sooooo bare..

I showed my finace your posts and we both had a nice laugh over your comments. I love hearing about all the little details,
especially since we''re getting married in the same town.
36.gif

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
what is a St. Kitts?
Date: 12/15/2009 10:13:50 PM

Date: 12/15/2009 9:36:43 PM

5.gif

1.gif

Treefrog

9.gif

In any case, it''s fascinating stuff. And I agree, most Price scopers would love that museum!

We were also considering the roof top cafe for our wedding. That would have been a much cozier venue...The Casa''s ballroom is gorgeous, but as a lot of or guests are backing out, I''m starting worry that the space will look sooooo bare..

I showed my finace your posts and we both had a nice laugh over your comments. I love hearing about all the little details,
especially since we''re getting married in the same town.
36.gif

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
your honeymoon looks awesome, too.

if you ever start a photo-type blog let me know. you know how to entertain readers.

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 2:46:36 PM
Date: 12/15/2009 2:24:00 PM

Thanks Inanna!

Congratulations to you as well! Islamorada is a pretty area too. Do you have wedding pictures on here? I''ve been so busy with work, wedding planning, and making room for Sara in my house that I am way behind on everybody here.

Yes, she did it at Theater of the Sea. We checked out several places but that one fit in our schedule best. Fortunately, they don''t mind cameras. She really enjoyed the dolphin swim.

Treefrog

Treefrog, I do have a thread on here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/some-pics-from-my-november-14th-florida-keys-wedding.130788/. We loved Islamorada for the wedding and just relaxing, but we''re planning a huge family reunion in Key West next November, so I''m paying very close attention to all the places you went. We only spent 4 days in Key West for our mini-honeymoon, and it wasn''t nearly enough time to experience everything we wanted to. All the activities you and Sara did are just amazing! Congratulations again!!!

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 10:13:50 PM

9.gif

Oh wow... I looked at Studio Julie''s site and I can''t wait to see your pro pics. Very nice work!

Well, I''ve been diving on the Atocha site and spent a few days on a liveaboard boat with several of their salvors so I was infused with information. I''m on their e-mail list too so I know pretty quickly when they find something. This LINK will get you up to date!
1.gif

I''ve read good things about the Roof Top Cafe but have never been there. I''ll have to try it next time I''m down there.

I''m sorry to hear people are backing out. I suppose tables can be placed a little further apart to give the illusion of fullness. Unless you get down to really low numbers, you''d never even know in the photos. Know it will be beautiful regardless. More room to dance!

I don''t see anything major on the KW calendar of events for March so you at least won''t have to worry about drunken pirates.

Treefrog

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/16/2009 8:58:46 AM

Treefrog, I do have a thread on here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/some-pics-from-my-november-14th-florida-keys-wedding.130788/. We loved Islamorada for the wedding and just relaxing, but we''re planning a huge family reunion in Key West next November, so I''m paying very close attention to all the places you went. We only spent 4 days in Key West for our mini-honeymoon, and it wasn''t nearly enough time to experience everything we wanted to. All the activities you and Sara did are just amazing! Congratulations again!!!
Inanna, let me start by saying the two of you make a gorgeous couple! Beautiful dress. That necklace was the perfect accent for your dress. Beautiful view from the infinity pool. Beautiful beach location for the wedding and reception. Looks just spectacular. The story of your brother-in-law and his GF driving 20 hours and how they got to work as soon as they got there shows me there''s a whole lot of love in that family.

Thanks for sharing your story. I am so happy for you both. Congratulations!

Good luck on the FSIL thing too!

Treefrog

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 4:37:05 PM

*Short threadjack*

Me, too. BTW, if you want to venture to Kansas for New Years Day, you are welcome to join our Red Eye Bike Ride. A group of us does a ride every New Years, about 20 miles if you go the whole route. The only thing that will cancel the ride is icy roads, we will ride in any temperature!

(I need to get back in the pool, too)

*threadjack over*
All the delicious food I ate in Key West, I think it would be in my best interest to ride 1066 miles to Kansas and then do the 20 mile Red Eye Bike Ride. You guys will wait for me, right?
2.gif

(But seriously, sounds like a fun ride. Have fun!)

Treefrog

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Treefrog: Thats so cool! I loved all the pictures of your wedding! You and your wife look so happy together! Thanks for sharing your photographer with us. I live in Key West so I may have to check them out!!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for more photos!! that last one is to die for gorgeous!!!

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/16/2009 11:39:07 AM
Author: MeowMeow
Treefrog: Thats so cool! I loved all the pictures of your wedding! You and your wife look so happy together! Thanks for sharing your photographer with us. I live in Key West so I may have to check them out!!
Thanks so much Meow! I''ll certainly be posting pro pics when they come back but if they look anything like what''s on their website, we''ll be very happy. Since we didn''t use them for full coverage (getting ready, ceremony, reception), they were very reasonably priced. happydreams seems to be on to a first rate photographer as well.

Hope the Rum Barrel is still open. They probably noticed a significant drop in their profits since I left!

So you live in KW... and your username is MeowMeow. How shocking!
2.gif

(Note to those not familiar with KW - chickens and kitties freely roam the island)

Treefrog

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/16/2009 11:43:12 AM
Author: lulu66
thanks for more photos!! that last one is to die for gorgeous!!!
Thanks lulu66! I agree. I had to straddle two rocks because the one Sara was on wasn''t big enough for both of us. It really helped create an incredible pose. I bet that picture is even better without the photographer in it and I can''t wait to see what she has!

Treefrog

April20

Ideal_Rock
I love the play by play! Thanks for taking the time to post this. Congrats on your marriage!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Treefrog!!

You have some gorgeous photos (I don''t know that there are any other gold bar/diamond shots on the board!) I love your writing about it all. I hope you print it out and keep it! Congrats to you both and may you have many blessed years together!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results