shape
carat
color
clarity

Married... Key West non-pro pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been to Key West about a dozen times. Sara went there once with me back in Feb 09. We considered a lot of local Mid-Atlantic options but finally decided on a Key West beach wedding at Sunset. We had 21 people there including ourselves. Neither of us wanted a justice of the peace/internet-ordained person performing the ceremony and we were blessed to have Sara''s pastor and his wife agree to come down for the wedding. He would have just enough time to make it back for his Sunday service.

Of course, after we booked the photographer and thoroughly checked the KW calendar of events, I was down in KW in Sept when I discovered December 4 was during Pirates in Paradise week! Aaaargh. More on this later.

The first lesson we learned is "always travel with a large white garmet bag." We flew Southwest and as we were getting off the plane in Fort Lauderdale, one of the flight attendants handed us a bottle of champagne. We were shocked... but very happy.

We got our rental car and loaded it up for the beautiful drive through the keys.

kw_drive0001.jpg

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
We get to Key West and were supposed to get an upgraded room but they were full and we got downgraded. No sooner did we get to the room when there was a knock at the door. The girl at the desk sent up:

kw20001.jpg

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
We were starving so we ventured across the street to the Rum Barrel. We had some incredible Philly cheese steak nachos (the owner of the restaurant is from Philly) and some yummy drinks.

I guess we had a bit too much to drink because I later met a woman in a nearby store. I could tell she was interested in me. She watched my every move and just stood there listening to every word I said. I thought about my selfish desires... I pondered the Tiger Woods situation. It was a tough call but in the end, I just felt it wasn''t worth risking my upcoming marriage for somebody that didn''t seem to have a good head on her shoulders...

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Oh... whoops. I seemed to forget to attach the picture.

kw10001.JPG

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know what is about that town. It wasn''t long before Sara found herself in a similar situation.

kw60001.JPG

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
What was really odd... it was anywhere from 70 degrees to almost 90 degrees... and there was Christmas music playing in every business. Church bells rang Christmas songs. Poinsettias were everywhere. Homes were decorated quite elaborately. We even watched a 90 minute Christmas parade along Duval Street.

kw40001.JPG

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
About half of the people arrived Thursday, the day before the wedding. Some of them joined us at... you guessed it... back at the Rum Barrel. We just loved that place. Great food, great drinks, friendly people from our neighboring state of PA.

kw30001.JPG

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Friday, wedding day, came pretty quickly. We were terribly busy delivering goody bags to everybody at their hotels Thursday and Friday. We had a flower situation as well. Needless to say, it was a stressful wedding morning/afternoon. Everybody was on edge and I made sure everybody knew the wedding had to start at 4 if our photo plans were to work out. The sun doesn''t wait and there are no second chances for sunset photos.

So... the wedding started around 4:25. I was a wreck. I spent my extra 25 minutes contemplating all options. I told the photographer we needed to implement plan B. Fortunately, it''s hard to go wrong with a beach wedding at sunset... unless it rains.

The reception was at the Conch Republic Seafood Company in the historic district. The event manager called me earlier to ask if I wanted them to set up the reception inside. The weather was marginal. I told him to keep it outside.

Fortunately, the skies cleared, Sara showed up, and we had ourselves a wedding!

kw_0007.jpg

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Whoops... these two are out of order...

This is Sara''s dad, giving her away. I''m not too much of a man to say he put me to tears when he said "Take care of my little girl."

kw_0008.jpg

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
It's official. Well, sort of. It's really official when the paperwork gets back to Key West. Or legal at least.

kw_0006.jpg

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
So... I''ve read a lot about trash your dress stuff. Sounded intriguing... but I was nice.

kw_0005.jpg

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Our photographer is going to have some simply incredible shots. This is little more than a general teaser.

kw60002.JPG

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
My two beautiful sisters. The one on my right is my twin sister. As you can see, we are NOT identical.

kw_0004.jpg

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
On our way to the reception dinner at the Conch Republic Seafood Company, we stopped at the Wyland Gallery on Duval street for a self-portrait hand shot.

kwWyland.jpg.JPG

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Finally, we get to the Conch Republic Seafood Company. Just in time to get a couple of the remaining coconut shrimp appetizers.

kw_CRSC1.jpg

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Some of you may remember this Barbie doll from my Toys R Us proposal.

kwCRSC2.JPG

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Of course... what''s a Key West wedding during Pirates in Paradise week without pirates?

kw_0002.jpg

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Hey... that''s my bride! Crazy pirates... they''ll steal anything!

kw_0001.jpg

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
It really wasn''t supposed to be a trash your dress night but after dinner, we headed out to Duval Street with some of Sara''s friends.

kw80001.JPG

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
We went back to the Wyland Gallery the next day for a ring shot. This dolphin was very talented! More pictures and story to come but that's all for tonight.

Treefrog

kw80001_1.JPG

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
treefrog. congrats! you look beautiful and and i enjoyed looking at your pictures.

who was your photographer? :) i''m getting married in KW too and just wondering...

we were thinking about having our welcome dinner at conch republic. we love it there.

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
I used John Hunter Photography. He has numerous plans available but we just had them for 2 hours to cover the wedding. We were on our own after that but that was our choice. I do a lot of photography and some of the pics on his website just impressed the heck out of me. Actually, his wife Hannah did our pictures but he came out and met us at the beach afterwards. Affordable and quality. jhunterphotography.com

Our wedding was on Smather''s beach, site #12. It''s probably the most popular beach location there. It''s also free; unlike Fort Zachary Taylor.

Conch Republic was amazing. We had our reception in the brick courtyard. The wait staff was very responsive. It was so much fun... the boardwalk goes just past the courtyard area. All night long, people were walking by offering their congratulations. Not in an obnoxious way. Just a light and fun location. We were fortunate in that the area was all lit up in Christmas lights. They have buffet and packaged menu options but they were more than happy to let us have some flexibility. Give them a call and ask for Graff and he''ll send the menu stuff out to you. He was great to work with. I don''t see a link online to their event menu. I did a $64 per plate option that included an appetizer platter for each table:
Caribbean style blue crab cakes with passion fruit
Caribbean jerk chicken tenders
Island style conch fritters

Plus a salad...

Entree choice of:
Jumbo 10 oz grilled lobster tail basted with butter
9oz filet mignon; grilled to order
Jumbo shrimp stuffed with lump crab meat and wrapped in bacon
Coconut crusted chicken breasts topped with mango salsa and a pineapple rum glaze

Plus a dessert choice of key lime pie, pineapple upside down cake, or Tres Leche cake.

I received exactly zero complaints over the food or service. Compliments all the way.

When are you planning your wedding? I have lots of info to share.

Treefrog

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Oh... and those are non-pro pictures. The photographer for the above pictures was either myself or my mother. The pro pics are going to blow them away but it will be 2 or 3 more weeks before we see them.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations treefrog!! Everything looked wonderful and i just have to say that i have never been so entertained looking at someones wedding photos.. thanks for the stories!!
1.gif

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
H.O.T., I was just getting warmed up. It was more like a wedding week with friends and family. Much more to come!

Thanks for the compliment. I''m glad you enjoyed it.

Treefrog

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know treefrog, not only did reading your posts make me feel how much you love your wife, but I was so touched to finally see a guy over here in BWW.

And "Take care of my little girl." made me tear up too.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
That looks like so much fun! You all look so relaxed and happy.
Sara''s dress is GORGEOUS! What a handsome couple!

Congratulations Treefrog!!!
36.gif

Wow her dress is GORGEOUS... it looks like you guys had so much fun.. congrats and thanks for the pictures :D

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
I have to say, hearing about a wedding day from a guy's perspective and all the funny little tidbits about the photos is really enjoyable.

thanks for that!
36.gif

and sorry to thread hi-jack, but
swedish bean - your kitten is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute. have you posted more photos somewhere?

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 12:35:15 AM
Author: FrekeChild
You know treefrog, not only did reading your posts make me feel how much you love your wife, but I was so touched to finally see a guy over here in BWW.

And ''Take care of my little girl.'' made me tear up too.
Hi FrekeChild,

Thanks so much. It''s BWW & Groom Groves. Where do all the grooms grove?
33.gif

I really was holding up very well until her father said that to me.

Treefrog

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results