shape
carat
color
clarity

marquise ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

got2goldens

Shiny_Rock
This one is on my hand...

Hope that helped a little...by the way, your Marquise is gorgeous! I LOVE Marquise!!!
30.gif

~Kat

122908 012 2copy.jpg

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
That is a very, very pretty marquise! I like your setting, too, but let us know what you''re going to do!

lydia

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the nice comments.
got2goldens - thanks for sharing your ring. Love the cathedral and it makes your stone really stand out.
Isabelle - thanks for the link. I watched the bachelor and I love that ring.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
That''s a gorgeous rock! I think the current setting is pretty, but I''m SURE you''d get compliments on it regardless. The diamond itself is a head-turner!

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is really pretty and unique. I think if you went with a different setting you''d miss the boldness of it. A delicate setting will make it appear smaller than you''re used to, IMHO.

Portia DeRossi has an East West marquise too(although I think there''s pink in her ring). I think that''s gorgeous. I just don''t know if you''d be happy with such a change. Maybe you can get a cz ring of similar style(east west) and try that out first.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I love your ring all by itself w/o the wedding band. It is really beautiful!
30.gif

That being said, I can see why after years of wearing the same ring, you might want to change it up a bit.

For me, seeing it for the first time, it''s just really, really, such a pretty and unique ring, it would take a long time before I tired of it.

BUT... variety IS the spice of life!
31.gif

It would be a fun adventure to embark on a reset journey, wouldn''t it?
2.gif

Keep us posted as to what you decide.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
That marquise is just beautiful! I think a thin band would really make it stand out......or maybe a thicker band set east/west for a real big change!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW
30.gif
what a beautiful marquise! It has absolutely wonderful proportions - not too skinny, not too wide. Just gorgeous!!

I think it''s the perfect shape for east/west if you''re considering it. It would certainly be a big change, maybe that would be a good thing? I think it could look fantastic in a simple cathedral setting, as well. Maybe something like the whiteflash fine line?

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely! I think a thinner band would be beautiful with it too.

lydia

Rough_Rock
Thank you all! So many wonderful comments and advice. I think I am ready for a change and I am going to attempt to attach a very simple e/w setting that I have been admiring for sometime. I love the simplicity of this setting and I think it would look terrific with an eternity band. Also - my stone is an SI2 and totally eye clean.

marqset3.JPG

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 5:22:40 PM
Author: lydia
Thank you all! So many wonderful comments and advice. I think I am ready for a change and I am going to attempt to attach a very simple e/w setting that I have been admiring for sometime. I love the simplicity of this setting and I think it would look terrific with an eternity band. Also - my stone is an SI2 and totally eye clean.
I think that your marquise will look AMAZING in that setting, and it would be perfect paired with an eternity band. I can''t wait to see the re-set, please don''t forget to come back and share pictures when it''s done!!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I think your stone would be showcased beautifully in that setting! Good luck and keep us posted!

jess1981

Shiny_Rock
I love that E/W setting you posted. I have never seen one like it. It is gorgeous and I think it would be perfect with an eternity band. I am a big fan of E/W settings.

I think you should get the color of gold you want now. Personally I would not worry about what color your other jewelry is. I think white and yellow gold go nicely together.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 5:40:18 PM
Author: musey

I think that your marquise will look AMAZING in that setting, and it would be perfect paired with an eternity band. I can''t wait to see the re-set, please don''t forget to come back and share pictures when it''s done!!
Ditto! I think that will look absolutely STUNNING!!!
3.gif
See me drooling over here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results