shape
carat
color
clarity

Mark Morrell Setting for emerald cut diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diamonds Forever

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
I am new to this forum and need some help. I would love to own a Mark Morrell setting. Have not been able to see any of his work for emerald cut stones. Anyone have any suggestions or pictures. Could really use some help

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
I have never seen any pics of his work with emerald cut diamonds, but I can tell you, it would be absolutely beautiful, I can't even imagine
love.gif
Maybe someone has seen an example in his store/shop.

Diamonds Forever

Rough_Rock
I think that I would like to set it horizontally. How do you think it would look

Thanks

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
ahhh east to west...i love ECs set like that, and if you really want MWM to do the setting, and have in mind what you want, i think he would be the man to do it! i'm excited now! you have to get it done by him no matter what
1.gif
His designs are so classy and fluid, and if one were set with an EC, it would definitely be a timeless piece...EDIT: and be beautiful!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
There is one on the show me the ring forum that is a horizontally set radiant cut that is extraordinary. Jonathon supplied the stone and MWM did the mounting.

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here is a link to that radiant cut.

Wink

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
There is also an East/West set EC ring by Mark Morrell somewhere on Diamond Talk - a search for his name will bring it up, and if I remember correctly, it specified that it was an Emerald in the subject line, so it should be easy enough to find.

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Diamonds, i found it! hope it's okay to post it here
1.gif

mwmemerald.jpg

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
here's another view

MWMemer2.jpg

Gale

Shiny_Rock
That is one beautiful ring.

Diamonds Forever

Rough_Rock
You guys are great. Thanks for attaching a picture. I would love to be able to copy this picture to Mark Morrell but I am really computer illiterate and have no clue how to do that. Please help. How can I get this image to MM.

Thanks,
rolleyes.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
sorry diamonds, i just wrote out the longest explanation and my puter booted me out of pricescope...
errrr.gif

ok right click on the images and "save picture as." your "my pictures" box will come up and you can rename the pic to what you want. click save. you can email MM with the pics or just call him and let him know you plan on purchasing (or have) an EC and would like him to set it in a setting of his you found. go to his website and see when he is back from vacation, you can also read that he only excepts the diamonds from the place you are purchasing it from or a jeweler, something like that, he explains why.

http://www.mwmjewelry.com/index.htm

hope this is helpful and i made a little sense
loopy.gif
1.gif

Diamonds Forever

Rough_Rock
Kim,

Thanks a lot. That was very helpful. You sound very knowledgeable on these things. Do you particularly like Mark's setting or what other designer do you recommend I look at? I want a very special ring as it is such a lovely stone.

Thanks,

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
i don't know much about computers, the pricescope family is very helpful with instructing you on how to figure these things out exactly, so i passed it on to you!

well one day, i hope to have a MWM setting done for a RB i will get from GoodOldGold, GOG, (wow, i have it all planned out huh?
1.gif
) my boyfriend and i have grown very fond of MWM just from seeing everyone's beautiful rings on this site. i actually wanted an EC for a long time, but this site has changed my mind, and i have my sights now on a RB, H&A. but no matter what the stone is, i want MWM to do the setting. we just moved from NY to MA (MWM is here), and i might have considered Leon Mege in NYC, his website is www.artofplatinum.com, his stuff is beautiful too! and a little cheaper from what i have read on here. i am sure someone else will chime in with who they like, but by far, these are my 2 fave custom peeps!

ps-thanks katrina for the heads up on where to find that ring!

bling

Shiny_Rock
im not an emerald fan..but wow!! thats soo pretty! tahnks for sharing!
appl.gif

lsmathis1

Shiny_Rock
I know I'm a little late, but WOW, that ring is gorgeous! Very unique
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results