shape
carat
color
clarity

Mark found this cushion!! What do YOU think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovindiamonds

Shiny_Rock
VS1
Color I
Rectangle Modified Brilliant
7.95x6.76x4.71
Polish Very good
Symmetry Good
Fluoresence Faint
Table 70%
Depth 69.7
GIA Cert

\

Don''t know if the pic will work or not, but I''ll try!

lovindiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Darn it...trying to get the image to work! Hope it does this time!

cushion from mark.jpg

MrsChil

Shiny_Rock
It says it''s a rectangular modified brilliant, so I believe that means it''s a radiant cut, not a cushion cut.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I agree - looks like a radiant to me
33.gif

If it is a cushion technically, it''s not the type I like the appearance of, sorry.

But more importantly, what do you think lovin?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
radiant.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/28/2009 2:32:26 AM
Author: JulieN
radiant.
Ditto, looks nice.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
It does have the facet pattern/look of a radiant, but either way, I think it looks gorgeous!!!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you sure he sent you the correct pic?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 8:35:31 AM
Author: Ellen

It appears he didn't...and the wrong specs too. That's a radiant. But looks like a nice one!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could be right Batman.....
25.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 9:03:46 AM
Author: Lorelei

You could be right Batman.....
25.gif
You fink??
25.gif
9.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
welllllll I agree, it looks like a nice radiant. hehe.

lovindiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Here''s the funny thing - I asked for him to find me a radiant, but his reply in the email was "I found this beautiful cushion today" maybe he meant radiant but is so used to finding cushions????

In any event - let''s say it''s a radiant - what do you all think??? The price is absolutely right for me. The GIA report says Cut Cornered Modified Brilliant - is that a radiant or a square cushion?

Anyhow...I think so far with the specs it looks nice and I think if he says it''s beautiful, I should trust that right?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/28/2009 2:00:17 PM
Author: lovindiamonds
Here's the funny thing - I asked for him to find me a radiant, but his reply in the email was 'I found this beautiful cushion today' maybe he meant radiant but is so used to finding cushions????

In any event - let's say it's a radiant - what do you all think??? The price is absolutely right for me. The GIA report says Cut Cornered Modified Brilliant - is that a radiant or a square cushion?

Anyhow...I think so far with the specs it looks nice and I think if he says it's beautiful, I should trust that right?
I think it looks like a pretty radiant and Mark has a good eye. In the pic it looks as if the top right corner sloping downwards is longer than the opposite one, but it could be the pic - check with Mark.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 2:02:59 PM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 2/28/2009 2:00:17 PM
Here''s the funny thing - I asked for him to find me a radiant, but his reply in the email was ''I found this beautiful cushion today'' maybe he meant radiant but is so used to finding cushions????

In any event - let''s say it''s a radiant - what do you all think??? The price is absolutely right for me. The GIA report says Cut Cornered Modified Brilliant - is that a radiant or a square cushion?

Anyhow...I think so far with the specs it looks nice and I think if he says it''s beautiful, I should trust that right?
I think it looks like a pretty radiant and Mark has a good eye. In the pic it looks as if the top right corner is longer than the opposite one, but it could be the pic - check with Mark.
I agree, but, is it what you want? Are you sure? I''m just asking, as this isn''t something you want to rush, or buy just because the price is right.
2.gif

lovindiamonds

Shiny_Rock
That''s interesting because I was looking at that too....I know it''s hard to tell from a picture, but I thought that the bottom was longer, lol!

lovindiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Neatfreak you think that''s the wrong specs for that picture?? Why do you think so?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/28/2009 2:06:51 PM
That''s interesting because I was looking at that too....I know it''s hard to tell from a picture, but I thought that the bottom was longer, lol!
I noticed that too, almost like some of the outside angles are off....Could be the diamond is tilted maybe but check with Mark.

lovindiamonds

Shiny_Rock
That''s true too. Pictures aren''t always the best. I think I may just have to take a trip down to the city.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/28/2009 2:15:46 PM
That''s true too. Pictures aren''t always the best. I think I may just have to take a trip down to the city.
If you could then that would be great to see it in person!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
It looks good in that photo - can you get an ASET or ideal-scope pic?

BTW there is not much difference between cushion and radiant ''look'' - only really the curvy vs the straight edge oultine
1.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Hi lovindiamonds,

What do I think? I don't like the look, personally, but what matters is what you think. I won't comment on the details of the specifications. I will say that I like Mark and his company a lot!

But let's be clear.

This is what a radiant looks like- this is the company that invented this cut.

http://www.radiantcut.com/

Diagrams:

http://www.radiantcut.com/DefiningOriginal.aspx

I like a more antique cushion cut look, myself, compared to a "modern cushion." If I were going to buy a radiant, I would buy one that looked more like a "traditional radiant." Again, it's what you think that matters.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Definitely a radiant...

It looks nice, but what is the crown height? I ask because the table is a tad large, but possibly nothing to worry about if it has a decent crown percentage.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
It looks like a very nice radiant.

Here''s the caveat: I am normally a big proponent of I color (my princess is an I), but just be careful...radiants can show more color than other fancies, so your I may look more warm than you like. Ignore this if you like the warm glow of "lower" colors like K, L, M...but just don''t expect an I color radiant to be icy white!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/28/2009 5:29:20 PM
Author: Imdanny
Hi lovindiamonds,

What do I think? I don''t like the look, personally, but what matters is what you think. I won''t comment on the details of the specifications. I will say that I like Mark and his company a lot!

But let''s be clear.

This is what a radiant looks like- this is the company that invented this cut.

http://www.radiantcut.com/

Diagrams:

http://www.radiantcut.com/DefiningOriginal.aspx

I like a more antique cushion cut look, myself, compared to a ''modern cushion.'' If I were going to buy a radiant, I would buy one that looked more like a ''traditional radiant.'' Again, it''s what you think that matters.
Can I have a car from the inventor?
Or a train?
Or a computer?

lovindiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Gary (aka Cut Nut) can I ask what an ideal scope shows me?? I see these pretty red pictures and don''t know what I''m looking at!! And if you don''t mind me asking what exactly is light leakage?? I want to laugh every time I hear it, likt the diamond is leaking!

Also, Mark said that he thought it was very symmetrical, that pictures are hard to take. Also, this is what he said as far as color:
"The color did not bother me at all though it isn''t a D but still it faces up well. More rectangular radiants give you more brilliance as the angles allow for more light to penetrate and thus give you the brilliance." So, needless to say I''m excited to hear that he feels that the color is good as well as the cut!!

I actually do like a rectangle radiant and I plan to put trapezoids on the side. I love the modern look of it. I do like the round edge cushions as well....but I have an old mine cut diamond (reminds me of the cushion) and I really wanted to go modern this time around.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I think this looks like a nice radiant. I normally like stones with slightly smaller table but I don''t mind it as much on this one. You can see that the light is hitting the stone on the upper right corner which maybe why the picture looks off to you. I''m also sure that Mark made a mistake and typed cushion instead of radiant but since he found you what you were looking for I guess all is well.

lovindiamonds

Shiny_Rock
EM1 - I''m still learning, could you tell me what a smaller table would actually do for the diamond?? Oh, and your avatiar - just beautiful!!!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 9:18:50 AM
EM1 - I''m still learning, could you tell me what a smaller table would actually do for the diamond?? Oh, and your avatiar - just beautiful!!!
I''m sure there are more technical reasons than I am about to give you. So, the table is the top most flat surface of the diamond (I am sure you know), this stone has a table of 70% which is a little larger than I would consider if I just looked at the numbers. After seeing the picture it doesn''t bother me that much. However, the table does reflect light. So, when the light bounces off of the table its almost like a big flat flash of light. I personally find it distracting sometimes. As to what it actually does for the diamond you''ll have to ask someone who can explain how it effects the rest of the cut of the diamond. For me its just a personal preference and really something that you have to decide on for your self. After looking at thousands of diamonds I realized that I perfer diamonds with a table that usually fall somewhere in the mids 60% range. Let me see if I can find a picture of the table flash for you on my stone.... I know I have one but I can''t find it at the moment and I am off to work. I will look for one for you later. Like I said though, it is totally personal preference as to which type of look you like. Look at some with a smaller table and I think you will see the difference. I do like the patterns in the current stone though so if you like it, I think its a good one.

lovindiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Thanks EM1, I absolutely appreciate hearing the views of people who have seen so many diamonds. I don''t have that much experience at all and with everyone''s help I''m definitely learning!!

Thanks so much!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results