shape
carat
color
clarity

Mariah Carey 35ct engagement ring!!

gixxerbabe

Rough_Rock
kenny|1453489580|3979805 said:
Wow, check out the finger-skin you can see in that diamond.
Talk about a tilt window. :knockout:

Need to send it to Brian Gavin for a recut.

Or do all emeralds have a side-tilt window?

I also noticed the table seems small and crown is very tall. Don't think I've seen an emerald cut quite like this before. Pretty setting, though.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: I love it -thank God it is not a halo-(three stone classic like Gaga's and Kardashian's). I too noticed the high crown and smaller table and wonder if this makes it sparkle more. I also noticed the tilt window in the picture but not in the Vogue shot.

gixxerbabe

Rough_Rock
In this picture you can really see it. I'm not sure how it would effect optics. Can't wait for more pics of the ring face up.

578-3411289-impressive_the_star_had_her_nails_manicured_perfectly_ready_to_s-a-181_1453461059254.jpg

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Given the huge center stone, I'm glad she opted for a relatively minimalist setting. Of course there's nothing minimalist about her whole ring. I hope to hear vendors chime in about the tilt window. Of course larger stones display larger tilt window as compared to smaller stones. But is it transparent (side view) because it's so large and a step cut? I like it regardless for its elegance.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is perfection. :love: I'd love to have a 3 ct copy of that exact ring! I think 30 cts is pretty ridiculous, as 20 would be plenty big... :loopy: but I guess when billionaires get engaged, that's the way it goes!

I always favor emerald cuts cut like this one with the smaller table and higher crown...just harder to find them. I think at that size, an emerald cut fits much better on the finger than an asscher.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results