shape
carat
color
clarity

March Healthy Lifestyle Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Can you believe it is March already? That means springtime is on the way – hopefully sooner than later around here. I think a lot of us are sick of the cold and snow. Of course that means we will be able to get outdoors more and maybe start to become more active and shed a few pounds before summer gets here.

This month I thought we could start with trying to identify those times when we reach for comfort food and maybe give each other ideas of how to cope with those temptations.

What type of emotion can trigger you to overeat or indulge in foods you normally avoid? Is it stress, anger, depression, frustration, insecurity, nervousness, boredom, defiance, happiness and any other strong emotion or reaction we all have at times? What type of food do you seek? Salty, crunchy, sweet, fried food, smooth, creamy or just whatever is handy?

Try as we might we will never be able to live a stress free life. There will always be days or events that can lead us down the path to consuming extra calories. The key is identifying those triggers and learning how to deal with them.

I would say for me boredom and stress would be my biggest trigger. When I am bored I should get up and go for a walk, go wander the mall, paint my fingernails, call someone on the phone or check through the new posts in CS or SMTB; anything to keep me busy and distracted. Stress on the other hand is harder for me to deal with. I find my job rather stressful and I am surrounded by fool and enablers. You can’t walk 10 feet without finding candy or cookies or donuts. I try to keep 100 calorie snacks handy and stay away from the candy dishes but once I have a piece of candy I want more.

The best we can do is to keep trying and try to learn from our bumps in the road. It’s difficult to reach a balance between being strict with yourself but also not beating yourself up if you fall off the wagon. Tomorrow is another day and as long as we continue to strive to eat and live healthier lives we will have more good days than bad.

Choosing to live each day in a more healthy way is a lifelong reward.

Have a great day. :wavey:
Marcy

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there. I normally post in the Weight Watchers thread but it doesn't move very much so I thought if it was ok I would join you all in here. I recently joined weight watchers in late January and have lost 12lbs in that time. Sadly, it took me seeing my wedding pictures for me to realize just how much I have gained and how unhealthy I have become. So, I've been eating right and exercising and I feel better and it's nice that my tight clothes now fit. I've got about 50 more lbs to go and I'd like to meet up with some others in the same situation as me, or who were in my situation to be able to talk to and such.

Hope you are all having a good day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I hope you had a great day.

Welcome to the thread Stepcutnut! :wavey: I am very excited to see you join in on the HLT thread. WW has a wonderful program and it sounds like you are doing great with it. Congratulations on losing 12 pounds. :appl: Isn’t it nice to see the change in how your clothes fit? I look forward to getting to know you better. I used to be morbidly obese and what made me decide to change was fear of dying. I was so unhealthy I could barely walk around the mall. Now my husband probably wishes I’d stay out of the mall since I love to shop. :bigsmile: Do you attend WW meetings or just participate in the program online? My mom lost 50 pounds on WW about 4 years ago but she still faithfully goes and gets weighed a few times a month to keep herself honest. BTW, I love your avatar, is it a sapphire?

This weekend I noticed some Fleishman’s yeast for pizza so I picked up a package and made homemade pizza for us tonight. I followed the recipe on the back of the package. It had 3T of oil, which I used this time since it was the first time I made it but I think I will cut back on that the next time I try it. The pizza turned out really good. I had one piece and Marty had two so we have the same left for our lunch tomorrow. We put basil on it before we baked it, which was not a good idea – it turned brown. We’ll know to put it on at the end next time. Marty made sausage for his side and I had some 96% lean hamburger leftover from something else so that is what I I put on my side.

The weather is pretty nice this week reaching to temperatures near 50. I am getting the urge to get out there and go for some walks. Hopefully the nice weather will continue this weekend.

Take care!
Marcy

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
That is my engagement sapphire in my avatar. It's a Jeff White and I looooooove it!

I started out with WW by going to meetings and doing online but I didn't really feel I was getting anything out of the meetings so I switched to online only. For me, online is great! I do well with the tracking and use most of the online tools. I ook forward to getting to know you as well. :wavey:

I bought some new Sketchers toning shoes last week and I've been out walking every day since then. I really had no intrest in walking because I'm losing weight without doing so but I'm so close to a goal I really want to get to that I decided to start walking to oomph up my weight loss. We will see on Friday (my weigh in day) if adding the walking is doing anything. At a minimum it's at least not hurting anything and improving my overall health.

So, what do you all normally chat about in here?

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Welcome stepcutgirl! The color of your sapphire is amazing. I bet is just stunning in person. I never realized until I starting looking around here that sapphires were such beautiful blues. I had only seen the real dark navy color (almost black) and was floored when I started seeing the gorgeous blues! I'm a fellow WW, although our group has broken up. I joined a WW at Work in late April 2009, and I officially reached my goal of 65 lbs lost on December 23, 2009. We couldn't get enough people to keep the group going so I've been maintaining on my own and have even lost 5 more pounds. WW helped me to get portion size in control and to realize just how fattening things were! I was very strict with my points and tracked everything I ate, and still do - old points system though. I'm picky about what I want to spend points on, so I have learned to look for healty & filling alternatives. My biggest challenge is that my hubby is a chocoholic and a junk food junkie, so our cabinets are stocked with that stuff. We walk with our dog Lily 3-4 miles most nights a week, and that's pretty much my only exercise. I have been wearing a pedometer since February and try to get at least 10,000 steps in a day. I do really well food-wise during the week so that I can get a tall beer and the dessert of my choice when we eat out on Saturdays. Gotta have goals, right? Congrats on your weight loss so far! It feels awesome, doesn't it?

marcy - I made pizza last night for dinner too! My half was tomato, mushroom, green pepper and a piece of Canadian bacon, and Matt's half was pepperoni & cheese. While I was putting it together he decided that I was cheating him on the pepperoni, so he loaded it with a bunch more. I don't know what to do with that boy. At the Board meeting today, there were big trays of caramel pecan cookies, breakfast burritos, croissants, brownies (I had one pre-weight loss. Those are the best brownies I've ever had.), a massive bowl of mixed nuts and one little tray of fresh fruit. I steered myself away from the junk and to the fruit, and let me tell you, it's really hard to pass up on those brownies! The Stephen King book I'm reading is about the end of the world caused by a nasty virus that kills people within 2 days of getting it. At work on Monday, half of the office was coughing and sneezing all day so of course I keep thinking about the book. His books really mess with my head!! After this one I'm going to have to go to a fluff book.

Hmm - I've been thinking about what causes me to overindulge. It's the chronic pain issue I've dealt with for the past 12+ years after my accident. Sometimes I get mad and start feeling sorry for myself because I'm just plain tired of hurting all over. And then I really want to eat junk food and drink too much beer (umm, like I did in the past which caused me to gain all that weight). I struggle when I'm having a bad pain day. I think just admitting WHY I overindulge helps me keep myself in check so that I can allow myself one piece of cake or a cookie, but not two. I would have had a brownie today, but I'm saving up points for a piece of my favorite carrot cake on Saturday. Yum...can't wait!

I'm off to take Lily for a walk. Have a great day tomorrow!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! Are you having problems with links on PS? Most of the links are not working for me. Aak!

I had lots of people and places to visit at work today so I got in many extra steps. Woo hoo! It was in the 50’s here today too so I really am anxious to get out for a nice walk but since we didn’t get home until after 6 that wasn’t going to happen today.

For breakfast I had strawberries and cheerios. Mid morning snack was yogurt cover pretzels (100 cal bag) and lunch was my one piece of pizza and raw veggies. When I got back to the office one of my employees brought in these awful and by awful I mean awfully good cookies and I ate one but refrained from having another one. For supper I had a 96% lean sirloin burger cooked on the grill and some baked lays. I had a WW giant chocolate bar for dessert. Marty cooked some rice and chicken for his lunch tomorrow so I think I’ll take in a lean cuisine. We have to get our frig and freezer cleaned out as much as possible before they come to put in our kitchen and dining room flooring next week. We figure the less food we have the easier it will be to move and we won’t have to worry about some food going bad.

I don’t know if I will finish the book I am reading. Some of the side stories the guy has on people like Issac Newton is a bit difficult to believe. I felt like I was reading about someone in one of those tabloid gossip magazines. I thought this was a science book. Maybe I’ll find something new for my Kindle tonight.

Stepcutgirl, your sapphire is lovely. Sorry I called you Stephcutnut last night. I noticed it when I pasted my note in the thread too and forgot to fix it. I apologize for that. The WW program online sounds very easy to use. How nice you can do everything from home. Do you like your Sketchers? I agree walking can’t hurt you. Good luck with your weigh in on Friday. We talk about anything we want on this thread. A lot of people post about their day, what they ate, if they worked out, and pretty much anything else that comes up. Feel free to jump in about anything that strikes your fancy!

Deegee, I love making homemade pizza – you can make it so healthy and it feels like such a treat. Brownies are one of those foods that are divine by they are way too fattening for how small they are. Good for you avoiding diving in for a brownie and heading to the fruit. I love fresh fruit. That is kind of funny the book is about people dying from some nasty virus and everyone at work is coughing and sneezing. Run away, run away! Those kind of books mess with me too. I think about them when I go to bed then can’t fall asleep. I wish we had more Stephanie Plum books to read. It is very understandable why reaching for food is easy to do when you are in pain. That is great you think through why you want to overindulge and use some sense and portion control to stop yourself from doing it. Saving up for a treat on the weekend is a great idea!

Take care. 2 more days till the weekend. Sweet.
Marcy

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Marcy-No big deal on calling me stepcutnut...it happens pretty frequently! I love my new Skechers! I ordered some Crocs toning flip flops too so I'll see how they are. I live in Florida so it's flip flop season year round and I figure it can't hurt!

Deegee-Thanks for the compliments on my sapphire. I love it! I too only ever saw the dark navy stones before PS and I'm so glad I found PS for so many reasons but that is one of the HUGE ones! I can't tell you how many times a week I get asked if it's a blue diamond. Ha! It sounds like you have had alot of success with WW. That is so encouraging to hear!

I'm feeling very frustrated today. Most weeks so far I have eaten all my daily points and all my weekly points and I average close to 2lbs a week. Since I am sooo close to making a personal goal I decided to only eat my daily points this week and not eat any of my weekly points. The goal I want to make is 3.8lbs. I weighed this morning and unless something miraculous happens tonight (tomorrow is my weigh in day) I have only lost .4 lbs this week! I am sooooooo frustrated!

I bought a measuring tape tonight and tomorrow I'm going to start tracking my measurements as well as pounds. Hopefully I'll make some progress next week.

Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. What a day I had at work. Aak. At least being that busy made the day fly by. Thursday is dinner out night so we had a nice quiet dinner and I enjoyed a glass of wine with it. I had my usual - a small steak and baked potato.

We got our tax return today (I love e-file) and also sold our 2 HTC Incredibles to a place on Ebay so now we can pay for our new carpet and wood laminate. Sweet.

I gave a friend of mine at work my mint garnet jewelry. Now that i have a tsavorite ring I know the mint garnets will be ignored. She was so excited. I was going to give them to her for her birthday in a few weeks but we have a big reorg going on at work that is really freaking her out so I took them to her this morning She was very excited. I told her she joined the ranks of my nieces, niece-in-laws, sisters and mother would have all benefited from hand me down jewelry. I'd rather someone enjoy it if I am not going to wear them anymore.

Stepcutgirl, don't be discouraged at not losing as much weight this week as you hoped. I found when I wasn't losing weight I was losing inches so that is a great idea to take your measurements too. I would lose in spurts so as long as you stick to your plan the weight will come off. Do you weigh daily or weekly? I found it was easier for me to set weight goals but not put a time frame on them. It sounds like you are working on smaller goals instead of one big one; and that worked well for me too. You are doing an amazing job! I am so excited for you!

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have a great a healthy Friday.

Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I hear ya Marcy--links don't work, can't post......anyway.

I went to the pool and did two yoga sessions this week--pretty active despite the continued deep freeze. Had lots of free time this week as I didn't work, but next week I work three days. Plan on the pool and only one yoga session next week--and NO shovelling snow! It would be nice if the weather warmed up as I am dying to get back on my new boards--but alas, I am a fair weather skiier.

Keep well folks :wavey:

cheers--Sharon

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good evening! We've had tons of rain this week and keep losing electricity. Our internet doesn't always want to come back when the power comes on. I feel like I have to type really fast before it goes out again! I did okay with eats this week, and we walked whenever there was a break in the rain. I'm having a bad pain week because of the weather and my tmj is acting up, so of course I want to eat junk. I've really had to smack my hands this week to keep from pigging out. I've gone to bed early a couple of nights, and I have tried brushing my teeth right after dinner. That helps some. If I absolutely had to have something, I forced myself to be satisfied with a container of pomegranate Greek yogurt, so I did okay. It was just a struggle. Tonight I had ice cream, but it's Friday and I had all of my weekly points left - before the ice cream.

stepcutgirl - great idea to start tracking measurements. I really regret not doing so. When I joined WW, I didn't think I'd do so good, so I didn't track anything. I'd LOVE to know what my measurements were. The only thing I can sort of measure is that my ring size went from a 6.5 to a 5, and my shoe size went from an 8.5-9 to a 7-7.5 (and my clothes size went from a too tight 16 to a 4). Don't be too hard on yourself if you don't lose as much as you want each week. There were weeks I thought I should have lost big, only to come away up half a pound for whatever reason. On weeks I ate less, I didn't seem to lose as much. There are lots of non-scale victories...clothes feel looser, more energy, more confidence, the knowledge you're doing something good for yourself. Remember, slow and steady wins the race!

marcy - that's so nice of you to give jewelry to your friend! I don't have enough jewelry to hand down. My family & friends get purses!! Matt and I drove by that house I wanted to look at last week. It is 1-story, all brick, 2700 sq ft, has a fenced in back yard, it's in a beautiful neighborhood, and it's on a cul-de-sac. I tried to get on the realty company's website to get a pic to post, but their site seems to be down. (They're probably having weather related problems too) Unfortunately, our house is not even close to being ready to put up for sale. Darn. People at work were dropping like flies this week...just like in my book! Every day when the attendance update was emailed, there were at least 5 people who had to leave early. Eek!

Hi sharon! I hope your weather warms up. Hubby and I have been fair-weather walkers this year. We chickened out when the temps got in the single digits.

Have a great weekend!!!!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
So, my official weigh in as of yesterday was up 1lb. I'm trying not to let it get me down and realize I've still lost 11lbs but it's making me upset. While I didn't eat all my weekly points this past week, I did notice when I reflected back on what I had done that I wasn't measuring and weighing like I had been in previous weeks. I've been doing so well that I slacked at some of the more tedious parts of the program.

This week I will eat into my weekly points and I will be extra rigorous with weighing and measuring portions. I'm going to continue my walking and see how my week goes. Hopefully, I will have some success. I know it's a bad thing but when I don't see progress I get the f it attitude. Last night I went and ate ice cream when I gained. :nono: So here's to a new day and a new attitude!

Deegee-you're success is amazing! With the exception of the ring size, I'm a 7.5 I'm right where you were with clothes and shoes, etc. I would be so happy if my feet shrank!

Marcy-what a good friend you are! And I love your new tsavorite! I am not a big green lover but I LOVE tsavorites!

Ok, I'm caffeinated and off to go walk! I hope everyone has a great weekend!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Hello, ladies. I suck. I suck bad. I haven't had a workout and have continuously eaten junk for over a month. I let the stresses get to me and fell back into old habits. I've identified the problems but just don't have the energy to deal with it right now. ugh. The miscarriage I had in Dec really threw me. I haven't gotten myself back together completely. Every time I look at the scale and know that the weight gain was from a pregnancy that is gone, I just get down again. I definitely need to start sparking and working out regularly. I'm hoping that popping back in here where you all are like minded that I'll get the boost that I need.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sweet. I'm in. My links on PS are not working well. Aak.

Happy weekend! I hope you are having a good one so far. We were expecting our wood laminate today so hung around the house. I finally called about noon and got a phone call back saying they left a message for us but it must have been at a wrong number so they aren't delivering it today. Grr! I guess they'll bring it Tuesday night. I hope the rest of their service is better than this.

We went out and played cards with some friends last night. I had too much to drink - I wasn't stupid drunk or anything but I did get chatty. They had a big reorg at work so 3 of us that work for the same company talked about that at length. Marty got moved under a different director, lost one department and gained a different department. It was kind of funny he got a text message about an outage in the department he just lost and he asked us if he should reply "bummer". Too funny. His new department has a lot more people than the one they moved under another director; it sounds like his bat phone will go off more often now. Rats.

They are expecting a major snow storm here Monday and Tuesday.

Sharon, glad to hear you are keeping active in spite of the deep freeze. I haven't done in the cold lately. I hope you get some warmer weather for skiing soon.

Deegee, sorry you are having bad pain this week. Hopefully you are feeling better today. Does the rain trigger pain for you? Great idea to brush your teeth after supper, I find that very helpful too. I really like the Weight Watchers chocolate bars - they are like fudgesicles and are 110 calories. We always get the Dreyer's slow churned ice cream too. I love purses too and seem to want to buy them like you do with boots. I would love to see a picture of the house you are interested in; it sounds very nice. I started a book by Vince Flynn. Marty has about a dozen books by him in our archived Kindle file so thought I will give them a try. I guess it's about a couple of CIA guys. I was looking at getting another Sue Grafton book; I will pick up the "B" book after I get through the Vince Flynn books. I have a lot of those to catch up reading.

Stepcutgirl, sorry you were up a pound at weigh in but you can fluctuate a few pounds up or down every day just from water weight. When I was losing weight I hit spells where I didn't lose weight for weeks and found it frustrating too. You have the right attitude though to stick with your points and walking. Yay to a new day and attitude! Blue sapphires are by far my favorite gemstone. I really like the blue of tanzanite too. I have 2 blue sapphire RHR - one is royal blue and the other is what they called a Kentucky Blue; the color on the KB reminds me of tanzanite.

Somethingshiny, hugs to you lady. I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I can certainly understand how stressful that would be for you. I think getting back to sparking is is great idea. We are here to support you!

Marty is cooking us a steak on the grill - we'll split it for lunch. I baked some potatoes for us. Then I have to go run some errands. I am only going to buy food for 3 days - since we have to move the frig out Wednesday I don't want to risk food going bad.

Take care.
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1299212289|2864397 said:
Hi everyone. What a day I had at work. Aak. At least being that busy made the day fly by. Thursday is dinner out night so we had a nice quiet dinner and I enjoyed a glass of wine with it. I had my usual - a small steak and baked potato.

We got our tax return today (I love e-file) and also sold our 2 HTC Incredibles to a place on Ebay so now we can pay for our new carpet and wood laminate. Sweet.

I gave a friend of mine at work my mint garnet jewelry. Now that i have a tsavorite ring I know the mint garnets will be ignored. She was so excited. I was going to give them to her for her birthday in a few weeks but we have a big reorg going on at work that is really freaking her out so I took them to her this morning She was very excited. I told her she joined the ranks of my nieces, niece-in-laws, sisters and mother would have all benefited from hand me down jewelry. I'd rather someone enjoy it if I am not going to wear them anymore.

Stepcutgirl, don't be discouraged at not losing as much weight this week as you hoped. I found when I wasn't losing weight I was losing inches so that is a great idea to take your measurements too. I would lose in spurts so as long as you stick to your plan the weight will come off. Do you weigh daily or weekly? I found it was easier for me to set weight goals but not put a time frame on them. It sounds like you are working on smaller goals instead of one big one; and that worked well for me too. You are doing an amazing job! I am so excited for you!

Take care.
Marcy

How kind to share your jewels! I love doing this--makes everyone's day/life bright!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Sharon. It is always nice to brighten someone's day.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi all! I hope everyone is having a nice weekend. We don't seem to get much done on weekends anymore. We're both so tired from the week that we crash on Friday nights and stay that way until Monday morning. Hopefully warm weather will come soon and energize us again. I ate my once a week splurge meal tonight at a new restaurant we've been trying to get in for the past couple of weeks. I had cajun grilled chicken, potatoes & salad, a big black & tan beer and bread pudding for dessert. My stomach really hurts. We went grocery shopping afterwards and walked around a bunch, but my stomach still isn't happy with me for eating all that food!

shiny - I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. Hugs to you. You do not suck, so don't even think it!!!! It's easy to fall into old habits, especially when something stressful has happened, so don't be so hard on yourself. We're here for you.

stepcutgirl - Focus on your success rather than being bummed about that 1 pound. I still weigh and measure everything! Hubby asked me once when I was going to stop, but for me eyeballing it is only for eating out. When I'm in control of my portion, it's going to get weighed on the food scale or measured. I really did do better on weeks I ate most of my points. I loved that I was on a plan that encouraged me to eat! As I went along, I stopped using points on foods and snacks that weren't particularly filling and started stocking up on snacks that are healthy - like Greek yogurt, string cheese, fresh fruits & veggies.

marcy - I hope your reorganization is going smoothly. That's always kind of a scary thing. Matt's company got bought out in Feb and he's expecting some type of reorg. Our IT guy came by my office asking to see my bat phone last week. I reminded him that he has my bat phone, and he mumbled "oh yeah" and left. I wonder if I'll ever get it back! Yes, rain really bothers me. Especially if it rains for several days in a row like it has this week. Seems like every bone that has been broken, every disc that was herniated, and every muscle that was torn makes sure that I know they're all still there. I'm having the most trouble right now with my shoulder, neck and jaw, but I usually have trouble with my back and leg. I guess my body wanted to mix things up a little this time to keep me on my toes! I'm from KY, so I'm quite fond of the color KY blue!!! Before PS, I truly never knew that sapphires were anything but dark navy. Kind of like I thought garnets were always dark red.

Have a great week everyone!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

I need to not be so lazy on Saturday because then Sunday is CRAZY. Oh well, I enjoyed my lazy day yesterday. I made breakfast, went to visit my parents, bought a few groceries, fixed lunch, did dishes and worked on laundry today. I have been reading tonight. Our snow storm has started with freezing rain and fog; it's always nice to get a layer of ice under all the snow - NOT!

Deegee, I am glad you finally got in to the new restaurant this weekend, but I am sorry your your stomach became unhappy. Marty loves Black and Tan's too. The reorg at work doesn't seem to impact me but it does Marty. The chart they released only showed "changes" so since we weren't listed I guess we will be under the same people. It is always scary when big changes come but I am far enough down the food chain it usually doesn't dramatically alter things for me. I hope Matt's company doesn't shake things up too much. Sorry to hear the weather flares up the injured parts of your body. I can identify, I get really bad when high pressure systems are coming in. I guess our bodies are good barometers anyway, huh? I hope the weather clears up soon and you aren't in so much pain. Too funny the IT guy forgot he had your Bat Phone. I hope he doesn't bring it back to you.

Back to my book.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey all! :wavey: How did your week start out? We had a busy day at work. I made pasta and veggies for supper.

I finished a book tonight and downloaded 2 more to read.

It's late and I swear I am going to try and get 7 hours of sleep each night this week which means I have 5 minutes to fall asleep. D'oh!

Laters,
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! I hope you had a wonderful and healthy day.

We met the delivery man tonight after work who dropped off our floor laminate. He'll be back in the morning to install it in the kitchen and dining room. Marty is working from home so he'll be here while they work on it. I am so excited to see it when I get home.

Work was crazy again today but at least 5 pm showed up very quickly that way. We picked up fast food after the delivery guy left. I spent awhile clearing things out of the kitchen and dining room. I stacked up about a dozen bottle of wine around some end tables. We look like a bunch of lushes here. Ha Ha.

Take care!
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good evening! Today was a long day. I had a hair appointment after work, so we didn't get home until 8. We had grilled pork chops, noodles and veggies and just took our walk. Tonight we're going to try to get to bed before 11. Matt has to head out of town in the morning at 4:30, but he should be back tomorrow evening. I need to try your goal of 7 hours of sleep per night Marcy. I usually get about 4 hours tops and then stumble in half asleep the next day and then I'm spent by Friday. I have a lot of points left tonight, so I'm treating myself to a cold Dos Equis Amber and a pudding cup. My TMJ is really acting up with this flare up, and I haven't had chewing gum in a whole week. I miss gum! I broke my mouthpiece a few nights ago so I bought a new cheapie version from walmart but haven't taken the time to customize it yet.

marcy - Yep, I'm definitely a walking barometer. Before I had my hair straightened, my hair joined my body in screaming "RAIN!" Sorry you guys are still having nasty weather. It has warmed up a lot during the day here, but won't stop raining. Ahh! We usually have a warm spell, another really nasty winter spell, and then spring arrives. Can't wait! Are you liking the Vince Flynn books? I put my Stephen King book to the side for a while. I'll read a couple other books and then pick it back up. Some books I have to do that with or I'll never get through them. I downloaded another Patricia Cornwell book tonight while I was sitting with hair color on my hair at the beauty shop. My haircut lady, another customer and I ended up gabbing too much so I haven't started the book yet. I got my bat phone back today. Boo.

10:27 - got to go get a few things done before bed. Have a great day tomorrow!!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just read your post marcy. I thought I was the big lush, getting all excited about my occasional evening glass of beer!! I bet your floor will look great. You'll be anxious to get out of work on time tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Our kitchen and dining room are finished. It looks great. We spent about 90 minutes at Lowes last night picking throw rugs and completely forgot about making sure they were non-skid so the one we picked are going back. I am far too klutzy to have something that i can slide on. Not a good idea.

We aren’t cooking or eating at home for a few days with everything moved around and torn up. I guess I’ll go grocery shopping on Saturday or Sunday and get food for next week.

Work has been very busy this week. The days just fly by which is always nice.

Deegee, I can’t believe you survive on 4 hours of sleep a night. I bet you are totally worn out by Friday. I usually get between 5 to 6 and it is starting to really wear me down. Last night Marty got a text at 3 so we were both awake for a few hours after that. I hope to try and go to bed by 10:30 tonight. Wish me luck on that. I did like the Vince Flynn book. I downloaded 2 more of them. Let me know how you like the Patricia Cornwell book. Rats for getting your Bat Phone back. I am counting down the days till I get my iPhone. Yes, I have tried to expand the screen on my PinkBerry. We do look like a bunch of lushes with all that wine. We pick up a box of assorted wine at a big liquor store when we are in Denver. Really, we don’t drink it all at once. LOL.

Tomorrow is Friday. Woo hoo! We are going to a business dinner after work then will come home and clean out the living room for our Saturday carpet install. I have an eye appointment at 7:50 Saturday morning. Hopefully I’ll beat the carpet guys home.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday morning. We are waiting for them to come install our carpet. I am setting up on our bed since we don't have any furniture left in the living room and our dining table and chairs are crammed in the kitchen with the rest of our furniture. I might just take a nap. LOL.

I went to the eye doctor first thing this morning. I got new glasses about 3 months ago and they were always awful for distance. I would call, they would have me come in to the optical shop a few times, they said my prescription was right, tweak the glasses and tell me to see if that works. The last time I went was a month ago and the guy I talked to promised to talk to my eye doctor and call me on "Monday" but he never did. Funny he was the one who took me back to the eye doctor and hung out in there. Good thing for him or I would have majorly complained about him. Turns out they wrote down the wrong prescription for me and they have to send my glasses off to be fixed. The girl at the desk was going to charge me for an exam too and I said "um no". This was an error on your part. She went off to talk to the doctor and magically I was told I was there wasn't a charge for today. Hopefully I will be able to see the TV and to drive when they come back in a few weeks.

Marty got some paint to paint the wall behind our entertainment stand before he puts that all back. I will need to get some groceries this weekend but will probably wait until tomorrow.

Have a wonderful and healthy weekend!
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. Our carpet is installed. Marty is painting the wall behind our entertainment center now then we will start putting things back in the living room. I vaccumed and put back the little table in the entry way. Now I need him to put big stuff back then I can dust it.

They got done installing it about 1:30 and we were starving (bad thing for me to try and eat right). We went to the bar at Olive Garden and I had salad, multiple bread sticks, 2 glasses of wine and 1/3 of some spaghetti and meatballs. I brought home the rest for supper. I was so hungry I am pretty much mildly drunk right now. D'oh!

I can't wait to see everything put back together. It might inspire me to clean house more often.

Laters,
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday! We had waffles for breakfast then went grocery shopping. I still haven't taken a shower. Aak. We made shishkabobs on the grill for lunch so after picking up groceries I spent about an hour cleaning veggies and Marty put them on sticks to cook on the grill. We put terryaki sauce on the cut up steak and a little olive oil and season salt on the little potatoes. The tomatoes tasted good but were mushy. We cooked peppers and mushrooms too.

I got our lunch ready for tomorrow and will be lazy the rest of today. I need to go back to work to rest up. I might have to vacuum and swifer again tonight. Ha Ha.

Cottage cheese and raw veggies are on the menu for supper today.

Laters,
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello! We've had the most beautiful couple of days. It was 65 and sunny yesterday, so we spent a lot of the day outside cleaning up the yard. We've had so much rain lately that our yard was a pretty big mess. The wind seems to deposit trash from all over the street into the landscaping in front of our porch. It's always a treat to clean that out! We spent about 2 hours in Lowe's yesterday evening getting pricing on counter tops, appliances, light fixtures, tile, faucets, & carpet. We picked out the same counter top material and appliances as we did last year, so we've decided that we're going with it since we picked out the same thing again - we must like it. We're going to take care of the kitchen first, and then move on to carpet, paint, and light fixtures for the rest of the house. I'm determined to get things done this year.

marcy - I'm glad you're happy with your new flooring. I hear you about the slick rugs. My downstairs is all hardwood and I have lots of rugs. When I was a senior in high school, my mom slipped on a rug in her bedroom and broke her wrist & tailbone. I've always kept that in mind when I go rug shopping! I hope your new glasses work better for you. I went through 3 eye doctors when I first moved to WV until I found one that I absolutely love. Plus, as a bonus, he moved right across the street from where I work so if I ever need anything I just run across the street. Every pair of glasses he has prescribed for me have been great. I remember getting a pair right after I first starting going there and thinking, "wow, I can actually see out of these." I broke the arms off my glasses in September, totally my fault, and he replaced them at no cost. I usually wear my contacts all the time and have glasses for back up, but I like my new glasses so much that I have been wearing them several times a week instead of my contacts. I like the Patricia Cornwell books so far. I think I'm on book 6 or 7. I was up until 4am reading last night! I absolutely have got to start getting to bed earlier on week nights. My goal is to be in bed by 11 and up by 6... instead of in bed by 2 and up by 6 like I usually do. Unfortunately Lily gets me up to go outside at around 4 and I have a hard time getting back to sleep after that. By Thursday I feel like I'm running on fumes. The only thing that gets me up on Friday mornings is the thought of sleeping in the next day!

We're getting ready to head to the grocery store and to eat. We're going to get pizza and salad for dinner from the restaurant that opened near our house. Today's the last day of my point week and I have a bunch of weekly points left, so I think we'll stop for something tasty at TCBY or Dairy Queen on the way home. It's beautiful outside, so we won't have a problem getting our 3 mile walk in this evening. Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, your trip to Lowe’s sounds fun. Good plan to start with the kitchen and then work on to other parts of the house. I am definitely in the mood to do more things in our house. I don’t even want to go to work tomorrow. LOL. That is nice to hear you are enjoying some nice weather. We had snow on the ground this morning but it melted right away. The forecast for this week looks very nice for here. Your poor mom slipping and breaking her wrist and tailbone. I am sure you always look for nonskid rugs now. I am glad you found an eye doctor you really like and trust. Something dawned on me today maybe I didn’t even need new glasses. I think I will have them write down my prescription and have my old glasses checked somewhere else to see how they compare. I think it’s time for me to look elsewhere. Good luck getting to bed by 11 this week. That is what I am shooting for as well. We can do it! How was the pizza? What treat did you get tonight?

I just finished watching “Date Night”. It was pretty good. I need to start another book because I am pretty bored today. I could go start cleaning out the toy room but I’ve done enough house work for the weekend.

Take care and have a great week.
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

1.5 hours of yoga today and hope to ski tomorrow as the weather has improved. Pool Thursday.

Keep well folks!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, have fun skiing tomorrow. We had very nice weather here today.

We were very busy at work today so the day flew by. We had a team meeting because all our company is switching a lot of people over from salary non-exempt to hourly with pretty much no notice so there were a lot of questions. That impacts easily over 1/2 of the company's employees. In some respects it will be better for them because they will get true time and a half for overtime but of course overtime must be approved and justified.

We made cheese tortellini for supper with raw veggies and bread sticks. Marty made some homemade sauce for it. I am going to cook a roast in the crock pot tomorrow with a tomato / vinegar / spices sauce. It smelled good anyway so I hope it tastes the same.

Take care. :wavey:
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results