carat
color
clarity

Man Receives First Penis Transplant in the United States

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Thought this was an interesting article. :wavey:

Man Receives First Penis Transplant in the United States

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/17/health/thomas-manning-first-penis-transplant-in-us.html?_r=0

A man whose penis was removed because of cancer has received the first penis transplant in the United States, at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.

Thomas Manning, 64, a bank courier from Halifax, Mass., underwent the 15-hour transplant operation on May 8 and 9. The organ came from a deceased donor.

“I want to go back to being who I was,” Mr. Manning said on Friday in an interview in his hospital room. Sitting up in a chair, happy to be out of bed for the first time since the operation, he said he felt well and had experienced hardly any pain.

“We’re cautiously optimistic,” said Dr. Curtis L. Cetrulo, a plastic and reconstructive surgeon and a leader of the surgical team. “It’s uncharted waters for us.”

The surgery is experimental, part of a research program with the ultimate goal of helping combat veterans with severe pelvic injuries, as well as cancer patients and accident victims

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have already exhausted all my inappropriate jokes on this on Facebook, sorry.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1463445432|4032486 said:
Right now, I truly wish we were FB friends :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am waiting for Kenny' s post... I am LOL aready just thinking about what he is going to say...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lambskin|1463447537|4032495 said:
I am waiting for Kenny' s post... I am LOL aready just thinking about what he is going to say...
looking at the title I thought it was by kenny ... :lol:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This man could potentially be thinking with another man's head?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please post here... :naughty: I am not a member of FB.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1463448071|4032501 said:
This man could potentially be thinking with another man's head?

:lol:

Pinto you are hysterical

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1463448285|4032503 said:
Please post here... :naughty: I am not a member of FB.

"Who knows where that thing has been."

"Is this a try before you buy situation, or take what you can get and call it a day."

"I would not want to be the one to test drive that thing."

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1463448043|4032498 said:
looking at the title I thought it was by kenny ... :lol:

I actually checked Hangout thinking that surely this had already been posted by Kenny! :lol:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I don't have anything to say, beyond he is a very very lucky and a very very happy man ... but not as lucky and happy as his wife.

You see, I was the donor.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny, that would work if the article hadn't mentioned the donor being deceased. Are you still with us??? Or posting from beyond?

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Let's hope he doesn't give new meaning to the term "jerking off" :lol:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oy. I cannot imagine the lack of privacy about his privates that man is experiencing. I mean, COME ON. That has to be a violation of HIPPA. Although he appears to be waiving his rights to privacy by giving interviews. God forbid I had something like this done (thank you God for making me a woman), although I can't imagine what, I would keep it to myself. I wouldn't advertise.

And, okay... I KNOW that many people get organs from the recently deceased. But a dead guy's penis? I can't imagine wanting that thing anywhere near me!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm free!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dead man's dick. Gives a whole new definition to flaccid. If this transplant makes the recipient happy, more power to him. But it gives me the creeps.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Self esteem and hope of men all around the world is about to go through the roof :lol:

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
monarch64|1463451622|4032527 said:
Kenny, that would work if the article hadn't mentioned the donor being deceased. Are you still with us??? Or posting from beyond?

To semi-quote the movie '300' here; he was lucky that he was born with a spare :lol: :errrr:

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy|1463452403|4032534 said:
Oy. I cannot imagine the lack of privacy about his privates that man is experiencing. I mean, COME ON. That has to be a violation of HIPPA. Although he appears to be waiving his rights to privacy by giving interviews. God forbid I had something like this done (thank you God for making me a woman), although I can't imagine what, I would keep it to myself. I wouldn't advertise.

And, okay... I KNOW that many people get organs from the recently deceased. But a dead guy's penis? I can't imagine wanting that thing anywhere near me!

Actually, one of the moms in my mommy group (in South Africa) cried when she heard about the first penis transplant. Her son was born without a penis. She feels that these transplants will give her son a chance at a normal life. :)

Just adding a different perspective. :)

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder if he was given a catalog of donors pensis to select from. We know they come in all shapes/sizes and colors-did he get to select a larger one than he previously had? I'm not sure i would be ok with a dead guys pensis if it were smaller? Not that small is bad but I would have a hard time getting on board if it was a downgrade I think!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trekkie|1463470843|4032606 said:

Actually, one of the moms in my mommy group (in South Africa) cried when she heard about the first penis transplant. Her son was born without a penis. She feels that these transplants will give her son a chance at a normal life. :)

Not to mention the poor baby in Mexico that the doctor cut off his pensis instead of the umbilical cord, this could potentially help him too! Although after that I'm not sure he's going to be all that interested in allowing anything sharp or a doctor near his pensis again-I know I wouldnt!
Trekkie: curious about your friends son-has that given any issues with urination/other problems? I didn't know it was possible? Is it a genetic thing? I hope this goes well and thinking of your friend and her baby.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Trekkie|1463470843|4032606 said:

Doctors already have the ability to create male sex organs. I know a child born without a penis, but it can be associated with greater issues (like genetic defects), so extensive testing was done on him to determine the cause before creating a functioning penis for him. Thanks for sharing this perspective - jokes aside, I'm sure most of understand that this could be life-changing for some:)

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG. Diet Dr Pepper just shot out of my nose. Thanks for the laughs you guys.

(no offense to those dealing with penis (or lack of penis) issues)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
vintagelover229|1463485737|4032625 said:
I wonder if he was given a catalog of donors pensis to select from. We know they come in all shapes/sizes and colors-did he get to select a larger one than he previously had? I'm not sure i would be ok with a dead guys pensis if it were smaller? Not that small is bad but I would have a hard time getting on board if it was a downgrade I think!
:hand: ..SIZE means nothing if it doesn't perform

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

IIRC, he intentionally went public with this to help other men, who are dealing with this, get through the shame/guilt/secrecy/ etc.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, I think this man is truly brave. By coming forward I really believe he will help a lot of people and until I read this article I had no clue how many! I did not know about the high incidence of damaged genitals for military veterans - tragic!

One thing that struck me though is how the importance of being able to pee while standing was repeatedly mentioned. Seriously? I had no idea this was such a big deal. Even though I don't have a penis (obviously) and don't want one (no matter what Freud said), I think I get how incredibly important it is for a man to have his penis. But I would think the last thing on the list of important things to do with it would be peeing standing up!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maria D|1463522172|4032915 said:
But I would think the last thing on the list of important things to do with it would be peeing standing up!

At the urinal guys don't want their buddies giggling at their GoGirl.

screen_shot_2016-05-17_at_3.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results