shape
carat
color
clarity

Mall Diamond Clarity and Suggestions

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m glad there’s a fuller discussion regarding the ring size. In the future I wouldn’t want anyone but VC messing with the ring, and that will require insured shipping both ways in addition to the cost of the work to be done.

She will feel a HUGE difference with this ring compared to her promise ring. If the ering is way too big, it will probably spin from the heaviness. I had a small ruby and gold promise ring from my DH , and I could t get over the heft of platinum when I first had it on! My ering is 2.0 mm and the other rings add up to about 5.5, so that is the reason for a full size difference for me.

I agree that you don’t want the wedding band to compete with that gorgeous shank she will have!

JordanM

Rough_Rock
Premium
Yes, she will choose the wedding band after I propose. I am guessing it will be on the smaller size since the band on the ring will be wider and more intricate with the braid. I suspect it will be a plain platinum band with diamonds all the way around it that lays against the braid nicely.

Do you think that 1/8 larger size is to small than her current and I should go larger if her current ring seems to fit pretty well?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That isn't really much of a size increase. Maybe 1/4 to a 3.75 might be better? The design looks like it will be wider all the way around her finger than her current promise ring. When you add even a thin wedding band that will just increase the width under the finger. This is important to get the sizing right.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw the finished ring on IG - it is stunning!!! Beautiful! I am so excited for you and your upcoming proposal!

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Late to the dance......

It’s a beautiful ring. I tend to think in terms of practicality, that’s just me.
My big concern is the small diamonds at the bottom of the shank. I believe they will crack and fall out when she taps the ring on any hard service. In other words a maintenance nightmare. I have experience this with my wife’s rings. Personally, I would only bring the diamonds on the shank to the 5 and 7 o’clock positions.

Anyway, good luck with the proposal.

Last edited:

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are very observant @SimoneDi ! It did turn out amazing! Here is the side view. Do you think it should have any diamonds on the stems or doughnut or leave it how it is? JM-2.jpg
In my view, the ring is beautiful as is. It already has multiple intricate details and more is not always better. Therefore, if it were up to me for me, I would not add additional diamonds on stems and donut. However, I will not be the wearer, so perhaps leave it with VC that if your fiancé-to-be wants additional diamonds, then he will be able to add hem at a later time. The ring is gorgeous!

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
oh WOW, it is gorgeous! I like it without the diamonds on stems and donut, easier to pair a band with it. I'm so glad you went with VC, the end result is just perfection!

JoJa12345

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I saw this on VC's Instagram :love::love::love: AMAZING! It looks like perfection ~ she is going to love it!!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness it is beautiful! Good luck with the proposal!

JordanM

Rough_Rock
Premium
Thank you for all of your help everyone! I couldn't agree more with all of you.

Bfelix

Shiny_Rock
Premium
You are very observant @SimoneDi ! It did turn out amazing! Here is the side view. Do you think it should have any diamonds on the stems or doughnut or leave it how it is? JM-2.jpg
Gorgeous ring! VC did an excellent job and I wouldn’t add anything on the stems or doughnut.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are considering adding diamonds to stems I would. I end up seeing the side of my ring more than the top because my ring spins. Nothing I can do about cause my finger shrinks and expands on a daily basis. I want to see a blingy underside. No diamonds on the donut though. Either way VC did an amazing job. Your GF will be floored.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you are considering adding diamonds to stems I would. I end up seeing the side of my ring more than the top because my ring spins. Nothing I can do about cause my finger shrinks and expands on a daily basis. I want to see a blingy underside. No diamonds on the donut though. Either way VC did an amazing job. Your GF will be floored.

Just wanted to add here that I’m thinking about those *two* halo beauties that are tilted. Everyone is different, of course, but that glittery goodness would probably be enough for me and I would leave the stems plain. It’s so hard to know without seeing it in person.

JordanM

Rough_Rock
Premium
Victor said that I will be able to add the pave to the stems or doughnut at a later date if I ever decided to, so for now I will leave it as it is and let her decide when I propose. I said that it may give me an excuse to travel out that way and visit him in person.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful thread, wonderful community. Your intended has an heirloom piece fit for a queen thanks to the lovely PSers here. Pretty please with sugar on top come back after you propose and post some hand shots?! :mrgreen2:

Maybe you could make a trip to visit Victor in person and choose some wedding bands? :P2

Miki Moto

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi! It seems she likes cushion cut diamonds with a halo, and you like great customer service. Well... how about a Tiffany Soleste Ring? These are super popular now and they look great and blingy. I'm a big Tiffany fan and love their diamonds. Are you buying the Tiffany name and paying a premium.. yes. But you get a great product, lots of bling, and customer service is beyond great. I could tell you all the great stories about customer service, they go beyond.

Anyway, it's just an idea as many people here think Tiffany is not worth the premium price. I on the other hand am a Tiffany fan. Here is the Tiffany Soleste ring...i's 1ct with a double halo and it's only $13.9K so it's within your $15K budget. At least go to a Tiffany store and take a look at it and check it out... I think the ring and sparkle will impress you. http://www.tiffany.com/engagement/rings/tiffany-soleste

Congratulations to you! These are exciting times for you and her I am sure! Best wishes!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He's just had a custom Victor Canera ring made, double halo, 1.23ct centre, braided shank (see pictures up thread) - might be a bit late for visiting Tiffany :P2

Miki Moto

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
He's just had a custom Victor Canera ring made, double halo, 1.23ct centre, braided shank (see pictures up thread) - might be a bit late for visiting Tiffany :P2

Thanks... so much for that idea!

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow... OP, I just read through your stone search and setting journey, and congratulations!! Kudos to you for stepping away from the maul stores to land a gorgeous stone and VC original. The ring is a beauty and truly a work of art.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@JordanM — Did you pop the question yet? Any hand shots? :pray:

JordanM

Rough_Rock
Premium

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

seechelle456

Rough_Rock
Congrats! The ring is absolutely gorgeous and I'm sure your fiancée was in awe when she saw it. :)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Post a hand shot if she is willing please!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results