shape
carat
color
clarity

Making an important emerald purchase

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
Not to throw a wrench in things, but have you seen this ring by Diamonds by Lauren? I tried it on in person and it's beautiful. The color is much better in person. And the price can't be beat!!

omgggggg I haaaaaaaaate you! :lol-2: (no not really of course). This ring is gorgeous and very well-proportioned! Is the color in the pics/videos fairly true to real life? Looks like a bright, clear green with some blue? More like Ring A in my pics?

t86

Shiny_Rock
Yes, more like ring A than ring B, but I think more saturated and beautiful in real life than in the pictures. I think my pictures are more accurate. And the worksmanship of the setting was just lovely.

H

Horsegirl76

I think ring B is stunning and I love the proportions of the diamonds to the center emerald. It really showcases the emerald in my opinion. Both are gorgeous though.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I like the stone for A but the more delicate setting from B...honestly, the Diamonds by Lauren ring seems like a nice blend...and personally my fave of the 3! Hope that doesn't add to the torment!

Either way - both A & B are lovely!

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
I had to jump in and say wow, that diamonds by Lauren ring really is stunning! Perfect proportions of side stones, prongs, and I love the blue-green color!

Now if only I knew where I buried that $6600 in the backyard lol...sadly out of my budget, but can’t wait to see what you choose!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a big anniversary coming up and I’m looking at two different emerald rings. The price points are pretty different but both within budget and I’m not sure what to do/which to choose.

Ring A is 2.26ct in the emerald, no cert, assumed oiled. 180921DB-8F78-4D84-B783-127CF60E9BF6.jpeg

Ring B is 2.45 in the emerald, GIA cert.
88DB29FB-BD96-4419-B4EC-D70302AECCA5.jpeg
188D9F75-D934-4CC9-84FF-B147DE6CA301.jpeg
8270D638-32DD-4700-8FFD-C26BC5EA114F.jpeg

What should I be looking for? What should I be considering? Any feedback is welcome!

Why is there no location posted on the GIA report?

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
Why is there no location posted on the GIA report?

I asked the same. It’s because the GIA will certify country of origin but it’s an extra upcharge. I don’t know why they didn’t do it with this stone because they’re charging Colombian material prices when they can’t guarantee it’s Colombian.

I just didn’t love Ring B in person :( the stone didn’t speak to me at all. When I louped it, I could also see some minor abrading on the table and crown facets which didn’t appear to be normal emerald surface inclusions. She later disclosed that this stone had been part of a 2-stone ring next to an asscher diamond, so obviously it had been worn and well-loved, which is FINE but the price did not reflect that at all

0F3D49D0-A4E5-461C-9E60-5940F7C90A61.jpeg 65C3A90C-5FE9-43A6-ABB4-B09C3636856F.jpeg ACCD4844-0D58-4AB1-8C1D-2E68867CA81A.jpeg

Sigh. I did love that DBL ring but maybe the universe is trying to tell me to press pause.

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
A Report with Columbian origin is extremely necessary if you’re paying a Columbian premium for the stone. That seems suspect.

If the vendor is sure that it's a Colombian, he/she is willing to pay the extra $ for iding the Origin. Who won't want a better ROI?

It's probably not important now since you don't like the emerald anyway.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like A. Love the setting. Diamonds look huge and provide flash that looks great next to an emerald. Strange that there was no disclosure that the DBL emerald was “second hand“ “estate“,”used“, “vintage” or any other such designation that the stone was not mine direct to this purchaser. Is anyone troubled by that? Seriously, had the purchaser not discovered the wear and made an inquiry, and the price did not reflect prior use, IMHO I would not consider buyIng anything from that vendor.

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
Strange that there was no disclosure that the DBL emerald was “second hand“ “estate“,”used“, “vintage” or any other such designation that the stone was not mine direct to this purchaser. Is anyone troubled by that? Seriously, had the purchaser not discovered the wear and made an inquiry, and the price did not reflect prior use, IMHO I would not consider buyIng anything from that vendor.
Just to be totally clear, Ring B was NOT from DBL (the DBL ring later shared with me just happens to be an identical setting with traps). But I agree!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Too bad about option B - I agree the stone doesn't look as nice. Good to follow your heart!

Definitely sketchy about paying premium for the origin, but no origin specified? :roll:

Are you considering the DBL one at all? Or just taking a step back? It seems like a really promising option for you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results