shape
carat
color
clarity

Makeup?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/7/2005 1:21:35 AM
Author: jorman
If I am going to use sunscreen I use Neutrogena. It is the ONLY one that doesn''t freak my skin out.
HI:

I used to use Lancome religiously, but bought all Neutrogena sunscreen products this year and absolutely love them. The "dry touch" on my face was excellent, even under make-up. Unlikely I''ll ever switch back!

BTW, does anyone have diffculty wearing products b/c of their scent? I thought I could go to the drugstore and get some concealer but the samples smelled like petrol or wax or something. Yuk
14.gif
...even my favorite MAC smells a bit weird...any suggestions?

cheers--Sharon

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/7/2005 12:46:32 PM
Author: canuk-gal

BTW, does anyone have diffculty wearing products b/c of their scent? I thought I could go to the drugstore and get some concealer but the samples smelled like petrol or wax or something. Yuk
14.gif

cheers--Sharon
I am very sensitive to scent. If I use a scented lotion, I have to wash my hands so I won''t touch my face. I usually avoid them for that reason. I have found Aveeno lotions are a good fit for me.

The neutrogena concealer is scent free. Try it.
2.gif
I bet you''ll like it. You can find it at Target, Drug Emporium, Wal-Mart or CVS. I use the stick form, but they also have a version that is more liquid like and it works well too.

Out of the goodness of my heart, I went to a Mary Kay party for a friend and tried their concealer, and it was surprisingly good too and scent free.

Good Luck, Sharon!

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
fun thread!

for concealer I use L''oreal, they have this brush thingy which I love, YSL has it as well (I think chanel too) but too expensive. I go trough that pretty quickly..

foundation, since I quit smoking.. none! I can''t believe how that did wonders for my skin!

face powder, I use Shisheido. they have a powder that is colourless, so even if you have a tan, you can use it, expensive, but it lasts for about 1/2 year and it is great. you don''t look like you have anything on you (which can happen if you use powder) but you just look cool and refreshed
9.gif

eyeshadow, whatever I can get my hands on..

blush, same thing

mascara, Max factor, lash infinity, either black or black/brown. I have tried many many other brands, this one is the best, although they changed something and i''m not as happy as I was..

eyebrow pencil, also Shisheido, again expensive but lasts me a long time, AND they are changing that too
29.gif
. I have to figure out if the new eyebrow thingy is as good... grrr

Ans I use Biodermal day and night creme, love the stuff, BUT if I had the money for it, I would use Shisheido as well. They have an amazing line for women between 20 and 40, great stuff, but a lot of money...

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/30/2005 1:52:24 PM
Author: MichelleCarmen
(oh and i buy tons more colors than I can use, but I do use each every now and then. you never know when you''ll NEED to be seen in green sparkle eyeshadow, so it''s good to stock up on fun colors - lol!!!)

Haha, yes, I do that too. I have SO many colours of eyeshadow. One can not have enough colours of eyeshadow...

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/7/2005 1:19:41 PM
Author: jorman
Date: 8/7/2005 12:46:32 PM

Author: canuk-gal

14.gif

cheers--Sharon

I am very sensitive to scent. If I use a scented lotion, I have to wash my hands so I won''t touch my face. I usually avoid them for that reason. I have found Aveeno lotions are a good fit for me.

Out of the goodness of my heart, I went to a Mary Kay party for a friend and tried their concealer, and it was surprisingly good too and scent free.

Good Luck, Sharon!

I love the MK concealer! I use it back and forth with BECCA, also pretty much scent free.

I remember I tried this scented Camay soap as a teenager one time, my face was practically on fire. I learned my lesson.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/7/2005 2:02:08 PM
Author: Rockchick
fun thread!

for concealer I use L''oreal, they have this brush thingy which I love, YSL has it as well (I think chanel too) but too expensive. I go trough that pretty quickly..

foundation, since I quit smoking.. none! I can''t believe how that did wonders for my skin!

face powder, I use Shisheido. they have a powder that is colourless, so even if you have a tan, you can use it, expensive, but it lasts for about 1/2 year and it is great. you don''t look like you have anything on you (which can happen if you use powder) but you just look cool and refreshed
9.gif

eyeshadow, whatever I can get my hands on..

blush, same thing

mascara, Max factor, lash infinity, either black or black/brown. I have tried many many other brands, this one is the best, although they changed something and i''m not as happy as I was..

eyebrow pencil, also Shisheido, again expensive but lasts me a long time, AND they are changing that too
29.gif
. I have to figure out if the new eyebrow thingy is as good... grrr

Ans I use Biodermal day and night creme, love the stuff, BUT if I had the money for it, I would use Shisheido as well. They have an amazing line for women between 20 and 40, great stuff, but a lot of money...
YSL brush pen

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
When it comes to makeup, I am a complete CHANEL addict. I use everything of theirs from facewash to lipgloss to hand lotion.

My favorite products from them are the Eye Tonic for dark circles, all of their eye shadows (especially the Fascination quad), blush in "secret" and their masacara!!!!!

Their stuff is expensive, but I''ve never found a blush that I liked before them and my skin is in the best shape of my life. I guess you get what you pay for!

Makeup is soooo fun! My other favorite thing is Lancome Juicy Tubes lipgloss. I like the way they taste
18.gif

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
Once I discovered Shiseido''s Pureness poweder/foundation compact with SPF 16 about 2 years ago, I have never gone back to anything else. I love it. I also like how they sell refills separately because that saves me some $$. I have pretty sensitive skin that sometimes stings with other brands of makeup, so this stuff has been a godsend.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/8/2005 8:24:08 PM
Author: AsscherGirl
When it comes to makeup, I am a complete CHANEL addict. I use everything of theirs from facewash to lipgloss to hand lotion.

My favorite products from them are the Eye Tonic for dark circles, all of their eye shadows (especially the Fascination quad), blush in ''secret'' and their masacara!!!!!

Their stuff is expensive, but I''ve never found a blush that I liked before them and my skin is in the best shape of my life. I guess you get what you pay for!

Makeup is soooo fun! My other favorite thing is Lancome Juicy Tubes lipgloss. I like the way they taste
18.gif
HI:

Admittedly Chanel has some wonderful products, but the "sparkle" mascara I got last Christmas was a complete waste of many $$. Should have known better I guess when my lashes didn''t look anything like the ad....ah vanity....but just when I think I shouldn''t spend $$ for their products, I look over to the La Mer or Darphin or Sisley counters.....

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results