shape
carat
color
clarity

make-up trial -- do I tip?

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
I''m having two makeup trials done -- they''re both costing roughly $75/each.
14.gif
32.gif
23.gif

Is it proper that I also tip for the trial services, or is it not necessary? I was actually shocked to learn that artists charge for trials in the first place, but I digress, what do I know about makeup??

Thanks!

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
I wouldn''t.

Don''t know what the convention is the States but in Australia I wouldn''t even think of it in the first place!

JerseyGrl81

Shiny_Rock
I think it depends on who is doing your makeup. If it is someone who is doing it at your house/ works for themselves then probably not. If it is someone who works for a salon then I would tip.

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Good question... I think if the person is working for a company/salon, then yes you probably should, but I wouldn''t probably tip as much as I would for the real day.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely. 100% yes, yes, yes.

The reason salons or individuals charge for trials is because it''s still time and product they are extending to you. Often, believe it or not, brides get trials and never book their wedding with an artist...or get trials and just take the ideas and do it themselves. It''s generally a discounted price...but it''s very common and reasonable to charge.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I did not, but the artist owned the company, and I went to him, so I didn''t worry about it. Someone else from the place came to the house and did the makeup on the day of and she got a nice tip.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes - tip.

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
I think tipping is appropriate if you like what they did and intend on going back for your actual wedding. You are still a scheduled appointment, regardless of whether it is for a trial or for the real thing. Also, the next time you see this person will be for your wedding make-up, so it would be in your best interest to leave the trial appointment on good terms.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results