shape
carat
color
clarity

Major LIW Venting Session

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Prinny

Rough_Rock
Hey everybody,

So I haven''''t been on in quite some time, but I am really starting to go crazy
with this whole LIW status lol. I have been busy with school and focused on graduating in May of 2010 so I was thinking this would keep my mind off of ''''the big question''''...but it hasn''''t. Here''''s a little back story for everyone: My boyfriend and I have been dating for just about 6 years (on July 18th). I seriously thought he would have proposed by now, but I guess it''''s my fault in a way because I always said I wanted to graduate before getting engaged/married. When I said this it was right when we first started dating when I was about 20 years old. Just because I figured I would be consumed with all of the planning as well as the fact that I don''''t work and I want to be able to contribute to the wedding finances. So, recently it seems like EVERYBODY I know is getting engaged! And I mean EVERYBODY!
Now don''''t get me wrong, I''''m am happy for these couples because they are my friends, family or S.O''''s family and friends. I''''m just going crazy because most of them have not even been together that long. Not that I believe in dating a certain amount before getting engaged, it''''s just hard because we have dated so long. I really think another HUGE reason we are not engaged yet is that S.O. wants to get me the most fabulous ring ever. I have said many times I don''''t really care, of course every girl wants an amazing ring but when it comes down to it I just want the proposal. We have gone looking at rings for probably a good year. This too adds to my crazy LIW-ness because seeing tons of beautiful rings, trying them on, and getting my hopes up leads me to believe it will happen soon...and it hasn''''t. Anyway, I guess I''''m just getting frustrated and needed to vent. For those of you that read my rant, thanks! I know you can relate

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Sweety maybe he''s secretly planning your proposal already. maybe he''s really just waiting for you to graduate to pop the question! Why else would he go looking at rings with you?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hello,
you will get alot more people relating in the LIW forum section.

You have posted in Show me the ring, so I''m not sure you''ll get many responses.

You can request the mods to move it for you if you like.

Good luck!

susied

Rough_Rock
I have to agree with cindygenit and say it sounds like he is secretly planning. Based on your age, your comment about wanting to finish school, etc. coupled with the fact he is very open about looking at rings, it sounds like he is just waiting for the right time. I would hope that if a guy had zero intention of getting engaged/married he would not be looking at rings. That is not fair to either person.
I know it can be frustrating - but as long as you know he is the one you want to marry, it sounds like things are moving in that direction!
Good luck!
1.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry you''re having a tough time with LIWitis!!!! He may even be planning a proposal now since you''ve looked at rings. I would try and focus on school right now to help ease your LIWitis. Good luck with everything!!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
yeah itsa bummer. I''m going to a wedding in 2 weeks with a couple that have been dating 8 months. Now I agree that for every couple the timeline is different. But still.. IT SHOULD B ME... rofl (JK JK JK) I''m super happy for them they are really cute and love each other so much.

I guess since you said you might want to wait till after graduation and he might be respecting those wishes... maybe bring up that you have had a change of heart. You didn''t know that you would be mananging all well and you would love to juggle one more thing, an engagement.

good luck and dust dust dust

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
i agree that he just might be planning your proposal, and may 2010 isn''t that far away, you know how fast the school year goes by!

keep on venting here if you need to, better to get it out than to have your boy find you curled up in the corner rocking yourself back and forth and muttering "my preeeeeciousssssssss"
25.gif

i''m pretty sure if M saw me doing that he''d pat me on the head and ask if i wanted a cookie. but then again he already knows i''m loopy
37.gif

dust dusty dust dust and congratulations on making it to the home stretch! enjoy your last year and take that diploma and run for it!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Hi Prinny! Glad to see you back
2.gif

I can understand where your frustration comes from being that I''m in a long relationship as well. But your original goal was to get finished with school. And that is LESS THAN one year away! It seems to me like the two of you might be a lot like me and my FF. We want things right and sorted out in life before marriage but we still talk about it and have looked at rings more than once. I say hang in there, I''m sure within the next year or two it will happen for you. After all, look at your quote for comfort "Love is PATIENT, love is kind"

vetrogrl

Rough_Rock
Hi...I totally feel your frustration. My bf and i have been together for only a year and a half,but we know we want to get married and we''re already committed to each other. I just finished up my 1st year of teaching and bought a townhouse this past September. I had a list of accomplishments I wanted to do before I got married such as land a great job, buy a place of my own, and basically learn how to be on my own, and know I can take care of myself completely. I have so far accomplished all of this at 24 yrs. So I feel ready to move on to the next phase. However, my bf has just started up his own business and has had some financial setbacks, but is getting his company on track. We have been looking at rings for the past 5 months, and it does suck trying all these rings on and knowing it probably won''t happen for a lil bit still. I picked out the type of setting and center stone shape so he knows everything to my ring size now. So now I wait...and wait...he keeps assuring me it will be before the end of this year, but then he keeps saying how his business isn''t progressing as he wants it and blah blah...so in my mind i know its bad of me to think...but im thinking about how much longer it will be before he is able to buy the ring
7.gif
I told him I would wear a CZ and not care but he is appalled by that idea...ahhh so frustrating...sorry im venting too...but yea i do understand your situation. Also, lots of people i know family/friends are getting engaged too. Hang in there!

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Ladies,

I totally understand your frustation as I went through the same thing myself. But hang in there!!! Know that your partner loves you and he will pop the question soon enough.

Meanwhile, keep yourself occupied with non-engagement stuff (I did it with pandora charms) haha

Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results