shape
carat
color
clarity

Mailed STDs and now this thing feels real!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
YAY!

Well, I know I have been completely MIA lately, but since so many people were kind enough to chime in on the \"Great Magnet Border Debate of 2006\" , I thought some of you might be interested to see how they turned out...

After hemming and hawing, I decided that I couldn''t live with the borders after all, so I sat down in front of the TV with my Fiskars rotary cutter and mat (and a metal ruler) and spent about 4 hours cutting them off. Now, I know that sounds obsessive, but I figure if this is the craziest thing I do as a bride, I am still in pretty good shape.
3.gif
Plus, I was also partially focused on some Tivoed "Bones" episodes, so it likely took longer than it might have otherwise.
2.gif

Needless to say, I am really happy with how they turned out! I owe a special thanks to Jaders, since the rotary cutter was her idea to begin with. Fortunately, I already had one, and even though I don''t remember the last time I changed the blade, the thing went through all 90+ magnets like a champ. If anyone ever needs to cut some magnets, I think this is the way to go!

I was really nervous to print them and mail them, because I was so scared that something would be wrong. Last year, I almost sent out bridal shower invitations with the wrong city, so now I am a little paranoid! I must have checked everything on these suckers about a hundred times. But I mailed them on Wednesday (only 2 or so months behind schedule!) and my FSIL called me yesterday (!) to tell me that they had gotten theirs and she loves it! I love that now this wedding is a reality for people other than FI and I!
9.gif

Without further ado...Here''s the completed STD and envelope!

ETA: The bird doesn''t have much to do with this std, but since it is my "motif" for everything else, I had to include it somewhere!
4.gif

psstdfinal1.jpg

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Here's a close-up of the front and the magnet. I have to say, it wasn't too hard to keep the edges relatively neat and even, despite the fact that I wouldn't allow myself to measure and mark them like I normally would.
20.gif

psstdfinal2b.jpg

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
*Oops forgot to attach the pic*

Well, I'll add that the cards and envelopes are from PaperSource and I really like their quality for the price.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the inside with the info...

psstdfinal3.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you getting married at the Biltmore House? I didn't know they did weddings there! I live less than 2 hours from there.

ETA: now I see the inside of the card! How nice!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
DS, they don''t have weddings in the actual house, but they do rent out the restaurants, gardens, wine cellar, etc. I love it there, so it was my first choice of places to get married!
1.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
They look perfect. Like the border was never there in the first place. First class cutting all the way!!
emthup.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
fata- It is going to be beautiful there!!! How exciting!

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!
They are bee-yootiful
and i understand about the cutting- we''ve all been there with one thing or the other!

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, they look great!

Immature side not: Glancing at the title and the post, I couldn't help but think STD stood for sexually transmitted disease. At first, I was like, "What?!?! Mailing a disease? She mad at someone?" Argh, I need some sleep and food.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Fata: I LOVE them. They look beautiful, and the borderless magnet was the way to go, totally.
1.gif

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
They look great! We wanted to get married at the Biltmore too, but it was just too far away...I was afraid the planning would be a hassle. Be sure to share photos from your wedding! Which site on the Biltmore are you using?

Also, did you mention where you got your save-the-dates from? I want to do something similar and I''m not sure where to get them. Thanks!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
FG: My FI offered to help trim the magnets, but his cutting couldn''t be trusted.
41.gif

Labbie: Well, hopefully this experience will help remind me to let up on some other things. I don''t want to make a habit of it or anything, but I definitely have my moments!
3.gif

Tacori: It is beautiful there. I am almost worried that my wedding won''t be nice enough to keep up!
2.gif

Codex: Don''t worry, I think we all thought that the first time we read about "STDs." LOL

Amber: Thanks for the validation!
16.gif

FacetFire: I am actually in NJ, so I am doing the long-distance planning thing. It really isn''t so bad thus far, but I have to say that I have yet to be impressed with the catering staff (managers) at Biltmore. I am so used to great service there that it has surprised me. Hopefully, it isn''t a sign of worse to come.
38.gif
As for the magnets, I had them made by magnets-4-less, but I didn''t really shop around very much. I think it was about $150 for 125 magnets and that is their minimum order. You could probably find somewhere cheaper, but I went with them because they could make so many different sizes, whereas most places only do smaller magnets. Also, although I didn''t take advantage of it, the price includes design help and free revisions. And they were very fast. Oh, and the mess up with the borders was totally my fault, not theirs, so I have no complaints about their quality or service.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fata:

The whole package looks terrific!

Now if you would be so kind as to update us on your wedding dress...
2.gif

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
MINIMS: LOL...I was worried someone would ask me about that! Unfortunately, I don''t have anything to report. I went and got measured in October, but we are going to wait until March or so to really get started. Once the dress is made it will be really tough to alter due to the delicacy of the lace, and I am trying to lose some weight first. I am really antsy about it though! It is the most exciting part and I just want to begin it!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Your STDs look great! I am presently shopping around for those and I am jealous that yours are so creative.
emwink.gif

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
Oh.. Fatafelice...

I adore them.. they look soooo good.. and I am soo happy that you decided to cut off the border... in my opinion.. whats 4 hours when ultimately you look at your STD''s and are totally pleased... Sounds like you made a night of it.. and personally.. I would LOVE to have four hours to devote to working on wedding stuff... watch a little tv.. sip a little wine.. and just work away.. Fortunately that will be my nights next week!! I will get my invitations on monday.. and have to start putting them together...CANT WAIT!

Again.. I''m sooo happy they turned out so perfect... great job!!!

I know what you mean about it feeling more real... I thought that too once we started receiving calls about the STD''s... now.. our invites are going out in three weeks!!! AHHHH...

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I just love them, FF!! So so cute!!
36.gif
36.gif

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Onedrop: Thank you, but I can''t really take the credit...I owe inspiration to Martha Stewart, who put postcard-inspired magnets in her magazine a few years back. Since I collect postcards, I have always wanted to do something like that. And I owe the idea to use photo corners to attach them to a Weddingbee.com blogger! I just sort of put it all together.

Jaders: Yea, I am so glad that I decided to do it. I don''t know that I ever want to do it again, but for now it feels like it was worth it!
2.gif
Have fun putting your invites together! That is so exciting! And they are letterpress, aren''t they? Yum! I can''t wait to get mine, but I don''t think I will have much to assemble...though I have been thinking about using my new PaperSource envelope liner template and lining the inner envelopes...Okay, I definitely have a problem with crafts...
3.gif

Dani: Thank you for the compliment!
16.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results