shape
carat
color
clarity

Mahenge spinel is set - Finally I have a Leon Mege ring

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Some of you may recall that I have previously posted about my pinkish red 4.13 ct Mahenge spinel in the thread linked below:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pink-spinel-from-tanzania-how-should-i-set-it.98634/

I have admired all the beautiful Leon Mege rings posted on Pricescope and I have always wanted one. I sent my stone to Leon in early July, and I finally got it back yesterday. Since I was not in NY to meet him in person, I wanted to go with a safe design. I told him I want the ''Adriana halo'' like sapphire ring number r874, but with a split shank, and I want some custom design in the basket to make it more unique. He said he does not know what he can do until he sees how much room he has to work with. He agreed to send me sketches later. It was a bit scary to sign a contract without knowing what I am getting, and I wouldn''t have done it if he didn''t have such a good reputation here. Anyway, he did come up with an interesting design. The basket reminds me of a butterfly and it does make the ring more unique looking. The package came in a double Fedex box. The ring was in a plastic baggie inside a made in China red velvet box that looks like a little purse. At lease I got more than a baggie! I think the ring turned out quite well and I am happy with it. I will probably use Leon again for future projects. Here are some quick snap shots.

IMG_3995_s.jpg

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
taken indoor facing late afternoon sun:

IMG_3970_s.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Oh my! It''s absolutely beautiful! Stunning!

Leon did a wonderful job in capturing the beauty of the spinel. I''m so happy for you!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/19/2009 1:59:45 PM
Author:Art Nouveau
Some of you may recall that I have previously posted about my pinkish red 4.13 ct Mahenge spinel in the thread linked below:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pink-spinel-from-tanzania-how-should-i-set-it.98634/

I have admired all the beautiful Leon Mege rings posted on Pricescope and I have always wanted one. I sent my stone to Leon in early July, and I finally got it back yesterday. Since I was not in NY to meet him in person, I wanted to go with a safe design. I told him I want the ''Adriana halo'' like sapphire ring number r874, but with a split shank, and I want some custom design in the basket to make it more unique. He said he does not know what he can do until he sees how much room he has to work with. He agreed to send me sketches later. It was a bit scary to sign a contract without knowing what I am getting, and I wouldn''t have done it if he didn''t have such a good reputation here. Anyway, he did come up with an interesting design. The basket reminds me of a butterfly and it does make the ring more unique looking. The package came in a double Fedex box. The ring was in a plastic baggie inside a made in China red velvet box that looks like a little purse. At lease I got more than a baggie! I think the ring turned out quite well and I am happy with it. I will probably use Leon again for future projects. Here are some quick snap shots.
I don''t know what I''m more shocked at, the stunning beauty of that ring, or the fact that Leon gave someone something other than packing peanuts!! LOL!!

Gorgeous ring and stone, as are all of your pieces AN!! You have a great eye for gems and jewelry. Enjoy your new ring!

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Side view, indoor lighting:

IMG_3985_s.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AN,
Is it in platinum or WG (I''m assuming platinum, but you never know). I hope you post a link to it in SMTR. You can''t only let the colored stoners divulge in the beauty!!

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
What a lovely ring. And the butterfly design looks terrific!

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Mochi and TL for your nice comments. The ring is in platinum.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, your ring is stunning!!!!! I love the color, and that basket is beautiful too!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Stunning ring. Bright pink stones with diamonds is one of my favorite looks.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
It is so incredibly lovely! Everytime I look a the photos I am so impressed. The design is simple but also unique and moves the eye around the ring. I think it is well worthy of being posted on Leon''s "wall".

Congrats on this stunning ring, well worth the long wait you endured. The spinel is just glowing in that setting. It''s perfect.
36.gif
36.gif

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, both the stone and the setting is to die for!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I love the simple elegance of the overall setting, and then the unique design touch that makes it so special! I dream of the day I can have my own LM ring...

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh beautiful setting for that stone!! Just lovely. Enjoy it!
9.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s breathtaking.
30.gif
Please post more pictures especially of the basket as it sounds very pretty.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
That is seriously one of the MOST BEAUTIFUL rings I have ever seen!!! That mounting allows that gorgeously glowing spinel to stand up and SING!!!! Congratulations, and please put me in your will????

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my word that is so gorgeous!!

legra

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! I love the design of the basket.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!! Another Leon masterpiece!!! It is GORGEOUS!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I''d really recommend renaming those pictures and posting them on the Show Me the Ring thread so more people will see it.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that has to be one of the prettiest rings I have ever seen, love that basket
30.gif

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
That is absolutely gorgeous!! More picture couldn''t hurt, ya know??
2.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
OMG, freakin'' GORGEOUS!!!
30.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
It is stunning
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Just when I thought it was impossible to "best" any of your other magnificient pieces......

cheers--Sharon

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everybody for your nice compliments on my spinel ring. I like it a lot too. It is very delicate looking and the workmanship on the pave is perfect. I like the simple elegance of the sapphire ring on Leon''s site. I asked for a similar halo with unique elements. I think Leon came through for me on the ''unique elements'' part with his ''butterfly'' basket design. I would like to thank Beacon particularly, for her help with this ring. I bugged her many times when I was trying to make up my mind on the ring design. I will try to take more pictures tomorrow.

AN

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely beautiful . . . Leon does such a good job of making that split shank so graceful. Lucky!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh AN, the ring is amazing!!! I
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
it! Leon did an awesome job and the spinel really pops. Congrats on an incredbile ring, I think you picked an awesome setting. I can''t wait to see it at the next GTG!
31.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow
23.gif
What a breathtaking ring! I''d take packing peanuts if I could have a ring like that! *lol*

-A

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results