shape
carat
color
clarity

Mahenge from Swala in Brian Gavin halo

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Your spinel is lovely and the setting is a great choice. The engraving adds a nice finishing touch. Do you know if the engraving and the milgraining were done by hand? Swala has nice spinels and tsavorites Just curious, in real life, does the color of the spinel match the picture on Swala's site? Enjoy your ring.

AN

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is beautiful Aoife. I especially like the photo of the ring resting stone down, it shows off the engraving so well. I love seeing engraving on jewelry. Congratulations on your lovely ring.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, I love ovals and that setting is divine.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You’ve done justice to the Mahenge with that setting; how do you rate the fineness and detail of the engraving? It’s gorgeous and we need MORE hand shots.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
ForteKitty, SeattleSweetheart: Thank you so much!

Laila619: Thank you. Yes, it is based on their Legacy-type halo, with some tweaks in terms of melee and engraving. You can find the original design on the BGD site under Engagement Rings/Pave and Side Stones.

Art Nouveau: I appreciate the compliment very much, since I am such an admirer of your lovely jewelry. The engraving was added after the ring was cast, but exactly what their process is, I'm afraid I didn't think to ask. The spinel did match the Swala photo IRL before it was set. Now, as I expected, it has darkened up a bit, but still has that typical Mahenge spark which my photos do nothing to capture.

klewis and Porridge: Thank you for the kind words! The engraving makes me happy..... :D

Chrono: Thank you! I wanted to do justice to the spinel, but had to balance that with not overwhelming the petite stone. I hope I accomplished that. IMO the engraving is good quality, but not as fine, detailed, or original as what you would see from high-end, custom work, such as Maytal Hannah. As you can tell from the handshot, the band and gallery are small, so the milgrain is very fine and delicate. I'm actually amazed at the amount of detail BGD fit in.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
MAHENGE ****!!!

It is a beautiful stone, and the setting is a perfect showcase for it! I love the amazing engraving and millegraining are beautiful. What an amazing piece to be able to wear. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. I love me some mahenge!!!!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Upgradable said:
MAHENGE ****!!!

It is a beautiful stone, and the setting is a perfect showcase for it! I love the amazing engraving and millegraining are beautiful. What an amazing piece to be able to wear. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. I love me some mahenge!!!!

Yup, there can never be too much Mahenge ****! :lol: Thank you for the compliments!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!!!!! I adore the engraving on the shank, and that colour is to die for! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Another most favorite ring here.....LOVE IT!!!!

Lori

Gempassion

Shiny_Rock
Aoife, what a goregous mahenge and setting! Congratulations!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
LTP, loriken214, Gempassion: Thank you very much!

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
Aoife, your ring is absolutely perfect. The stone just shines in that setting :love:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring, I love the engraving. :appl:

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
oranges: Thank you, I was so happy that the setting didn't end up overwhelming the stone.

LG: Thank you, the engraving is one of my favorite things, too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results