shape
carat
color
clarity

MA get together...so much fun!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Today was the Boston area get together and we had a blast. I''ve heard this often, and it''s so true -- I didn''t feel like I was just meeting everyone for the first time. Those who were able to make it were DiamanteBlu, Nytemist, New England Lady, Alj, Selkie, tberube, keepingthefaith, Hudson Hawk, and KTIceRN. It was SO MUCH FUN to finally get together, meet, and chat.

I think DiamanteBlu had everyone beat with her bling. Oh. My. Gosh. I''ve never seen beauties such as those, Blu. Gorgeous, simply gorgeous. Alj took plenty of photos for everyone to see...have patience though, ''cause I think there''s a LOT.

It would be fun to get together again, go for a drink, whatever. I can easily see us hanging out and becoming friends, moreso than just chatting through PS. Thanks everyone for such a fun day.

Oooh, how was your shopping trip after tberube, keepingthefaith, Blu and I left? Did you see any pretty baubles?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe Alj''s going to stick with the original Boston area get together thread. Not sure though.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Where''s that blushing smiley?

I thought it was a great get together. What is interesting is that so many of us are so close together!

I am certaily looking forward to getting together again soon! To start, I think a trip to the jewelers'' building in Boston is in order?
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve always wanted to go to the Jewlers'' Building. I''d love to go!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to tell you all that I had a WONDERFUL time and am so glad to have met you!! I can''t wait for the next get together!! Not only are you beautiful ladies, but you have some BEAUTIFUL pieces of jewelry!!!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
9.gif
Gee, thanks!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2007 7:24:34 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
I just wanted to tell you all that I had a WONDERFUL time and am so glad to have met you!! I can't wait for the next get together!! Not only are you beautiful ladies, but you have some BEAUTIFUL pieces of jewelry!!!
As do you, NewEnglandLady.
1.gif
I keep talking to my FI about our day and he's very happy that I had someone else besides him to talk to about all this stuff. So on behalf on him, THANK YOU!
9.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
LOL! DH wants to come next time. He loves shiny stuff as much as I do! [Though you would never guess when you meet him!] I can't wait until Alj posts her photographic masterpieces so I can show him all of your gorgeous stuff!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/29/2007 6:51:09 PM
Author: DiamanteBlu
Where''s that blushing smiley?

I thought it was a great get together. What is interesting is that so many of us are so close together!

I am certaily looking forward to getting together again soon! To start, I think a trip to the jewelers'' building in Boston is in order?
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
I''m there Diamante!

I agree, it was a total blast. I felt like I was meeting with old friends - not a second of unfamiliarity. Loved it!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/29/2007 7:24:34 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
I just wanted to tell you all that I had a WONDERFUL time and am so glad to have met you!! I can''t wait for the next get together!! Not only are you beautiful ladies, but you have some BEAUTIFUL pieces of jewelry!!!
You too, sweetheart! Would love to take some rock climbing lessons from ya - shape up for the wedding!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/29/2007 6:31:40 PM
Author:zoebartlett
Today was the Boston area get together and we had a blast. I''ve heard this often, and it''s so true -- I didn''t feel like I was just meeting everyone for the first time. Those who were able to make it were DiamanteBlu, Nytemist, New England Lady, Alj, Selkie, tberube, keepingthefaith, Hudson Hawk, and KTIceRN. It was SO MUCH FUN to finally get together, meet, and chat.

I think DiamanteBlu had everyone beat with her bling. Oh. My. Gosh. I''ve never seen beauties such as those, Blu. Gorgeous, simply gorgeous. Alj took plenty of photos for everyone to see...have patience though, ''cause I think there''s a LOT.

It would be fun to get together again, go for a drink, whatever. I can easily see us hanging out and becoming friends, moreso than just chatting through PS. Thanks everyone for such a fun day.

Oooh, how was your shopping trip after tberube, keepingthefaith, Blu and I left? Did you see any pretty baubles?
Zoe - I loved meeting you too - thanks so much for the kind words.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

Ok - I see this thread has moved, so I''m mooooooooooooving on over too!

As I noted in the other thread, I thoroughly enjoyed this day. It never ceases to amaze me how Pricescope is able to draw such intelligent, witty, FRIENDLY people. I spent the day with nine other ladies, seven of whom I''d never laid eyes on before today, and yet we had so much to chat about the four hours FLEW by!

I know what everyone REALLY is waiting for, so let''s get started.....first I''ll move the group shot:

Pinkie: Zoe B.''s 3-stone ring
Ring finger: Hudson Hawk''s oval halo, Alj''s 3-stone, Alj''s wedding ring
Middle finger: Hudson Hawk''s graduation diamond, KtRN''s 2.43 K solitaire
Index finger: Nytemist''s solitaire with Yellow Gold, tberube''s emerald halo, NE Lady''s SWOONABLE Asscher
Thumb: Selkie''s 3-stone sapphire ring

Group%20shot0.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Oh........before I get going......

We were seated in the upstairs "loft" type seating area with only a few other parties seated upstairs.

As the day was winding down (we straddled the lunch/dinner crowds), one of the parties sitting next to us asked us whose engagement we were celebrating!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Amazingly enough, they didn''t seem too afraid of me running around like a maniac with the camera and handing everyone''s rings around! LOL

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Another group shot

Group shot1.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
NE Lady''s DROOL-worth asscher!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12-29-07 NELadyring1.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Another of NE lady''s ring

12-29-07 neladyring.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
LOOOOOOOOOOOVE it in black & white.....

12-29-07 neladybw 9487.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Hudson's Hawk's oval halo........YUM

This ring was SO tough to get a clear shot of because it has just SO SO much sparkle and color going on!

12-29-07 HHring.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Another of HH''s ring

12-29-07 HHring2.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
another

12-29-07 HHring1.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
This is an adorable diamond H/H was wearing, too.....a family piece.

12-29-07 HHgradring.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Tberube was my ring twin in that we both wear the same size. So, at lunch, we swapped ''hardware'' and wore each other''s rings. NOTHING can make you fall back in love with your own ring than being able to see it on someone else''s hand!

Her ring is GORGEOUS.

12-29-07 tberubering.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
This was the first chance I''ve had to spend time with a camera and an emerald cut, and I have a new appreciation for just how mesmerizing they can be!

12-29-07 tberubering1.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely love this shot in B&W

12-29-07 tberuberingbw 9489.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
One of the coolest moments of the day for me was watching Zoe SQUEAL with delight when she saw this picture and said "I''ve never SEEN my ring look like THAT before!" LOLOL

12-29-07 Zoebring2.jpg

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
I see everything''s moving over to this thread - so I''m reposting my post over here -

Hey - where''s DiamanteBlu''s baubles? I wanted to show them to my fiance! He''s going to crap his pants when he sees that group shot! Haha...

I loved meeting every single one of you ladies. I don''t think I have ever so thoroughly enjoyed the presence of so many people at once (usually there''s at least a couple people I either don''t like or am annoyed by or I think doesn''t like me...haha). I mean, I feel I hit the jackpot - I came because I loved all of your jewelry - and when I got there I realized I also loved all the people who belonged to them!!

Aljdewey - I simply cannot believe how lovely (and exceptionally generous and trusting ) you turned out to be - but then again I can''t say I''m surprised. You''re one of my faves on this site, how could I not connect with you! And by the way, my wedding set looked unbelievable on you - I couldn''t tear my eyes away. But my hands were glad for the rest after taking of your hefty band and three stone - oof!! Can''t wait to go shopping together! And I''ll check my email for those pics you need me to photoshop!!

Diamante - you''re as beautiful as your jewelry - and I must say you shut me up with those pieces - so if you noticed I had little to say around you, it was simply because I couldn''t breathe. I''m actually really sorry that I didn''t make the time to come stand over at your side of the table (bad me!).

Zoe - LOVE! your three stone - that setting is exquisite, and I can tell you are the sweetest person on the face of this earth. Thank you for being the first to come over and make me and keepingthefaith feel we were instantly among good friends.

NE Lady - I knew I''d like you from the start - yours was one of the first posts I ever read on here, way back when I was still just a lurker. And your asscher ering- if I could marry a piece of jewelry, I really would (well - so long as I didn''t have to practice monogamy ).

Hudson Hawk - I feel akin to you because of our halos - yours is so unbelievably delicate and even more beautiful in real life. And forget your graduation ring - so lovely!

KtRN - what the heck can I say - I still don''t believe that sizeable honker is a K. Nope - you can''t convince me. *swoon* Not to mention it made my finger look TINY!! Haha...

Selkie - you sat across from me and my eye kept falling on your out-of-this-world sapphire. Really - pictures don''t do it justice. And I loved your story about the boat ride and the rainbow at your wedding. So fun and romantic...

Nytemist - I wish I had the foresight to go over and spend more time talking to you, you seemed so very cool - and looking at that perfect-looking solitaire! I loved, loved loved it with that band!! Time ran away from me and I was so upset I had to leave before I wanted to!!

keepingthefaith - Love you, sweetie! And don''t think I didn''t swoon over all that blue topaz that was blinging at me all afternoon!! You made me wish I''d chosen it instead of aquamarine for my wedding jewelry (well most of it - except possibly the earrings ).

Whew! I really hope I didn''t mix any screen names up here. That''d be totally embarrassing.

I''ll say it again - I''m floored at how spectacular everyone is - I walked away feeling as if I could have started a few wonderful friendships. Thank you all for coming - it was wonderful!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Here''s another shot - LOVE the fire!

12-29-07 zoebring1.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah..........arrows!

12-29-07 zoebring.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Second coolest moment of the day: when Nytemist looked at this shot and then said "holy crap, that''s MY RING?????!!!!!!!!!!"

Yep, it is! Don''t let hubby see it looking this good or else you''ll have a hard time lobbying for the upgrade! It looks monstrous here!
2.gif

12-29-07 Nytemistring.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I want to point out that Nytemist''s hubby picked this without the benefit of PS (I think!)

Looks like he did a bang-up good job!

12-29-07 Nytemistring1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results