shape
carat
color
clarity

LUSH!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
I am so addicted to LUSH products! I recently became so completely spoiled by the bf and have almost everything that I want from there (when I mean everything, I mean everything
2.gif
)

So what are your favorite products??? Anything you dislike?

I LOVE:
Honey I Washed the Kids Soap
Skin''s Shangri La moisturizer
The Comforter Bubble Bar
ANY Bath Bomb
Angels on Bare Skin (both BF and mom HATE this one)
American Cream conditioner

ok actually most products..

The one product I dislike: Rockstar soap... on my skin it smells HORRIBLE.

Also, the other day we were looking for a LUSH Legends gift set (and others) and so many stores were sold out. Uh really? ya can''t keep it in stock? Then, when we finally get it, it was MISSING product. sheesh!

This last weekend I got Bf to go to LUSH with me and talked him into trying shampoo, soap and coalface cleanser (oh and did I mention I got a ton more of goodies at the same time?? :D)
12.gif

So... any LUSH lovers here???
emlove.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lush looks so inviting and the products smell wonderful! I''m pretty sure I bought some bar shampoo a few years back and it didn''t seem to work in my hair.

The bath bombs are intriqing, but a bit pricey at $5ish. Do they bubble up in the water?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
If its the same Lush company that we have here in the UK I love the look of the shop but I just can''t go in there. The stuff smells so strong it makes me feel queasy. I think if I only had one product to smell I would really like it. Maybe I should get my DH to pick me something out!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went through a lush phase about a year ago. I was patient through a whole tub of Ultra Bland (a facial cleanser), but I never got out of the purging phase. I had to give up on it. The upside was that it let me to research that eventually landed me with oil cleansing - and I've never looked back.

I do like their toners (Eau Roma Water in particular, my husband likes Breath of Fresh Air and uses it in lieu of moisturizer during the summer), but since my cleansing method is pH balanced I don't really need a toner... I just like the idea of it
3.gif
. Another of their products that I like is the Shangri La moisturizer that you mentioned, SB, but it's pricey and I found a John Masters Organics serum that works better for me along with OCM.

I liked Ocean Salt (exfoliant) for awhile, but it ended up being too harsh in the long run.

Date: 2/24/2009 12:53:29 PM
Author: MC
Lush looks so inviting and the products smell wonderful! I''m pretty sure I bought some bar shampoo a few years back and it didn''t seem to work in my hair.

The bath bombs are intriqing, but a bit pricey at $5ish. Do they bubble up in the water?
The bombs don''t. They just color the water and leave you smelling delicious for HOURS.. They have bubble bars though (my favorite is the comforter). That one is so big you can break it in half or fourths and you still get a ton of bubbles! It''s not normal bubbles too.. they''re little and soft- it''s weird to say that! I know they can be a bit pricey, but right now if you shop online and use the code (GIFTFORYOU09) you can get 15% off
31.gif
Until June 30th 09
31.gif

Date: 2/24/2009 1:18:17 PM
Author: musey
I went through a lush phase about a year ago. I was patient through a whole tub of Ultra Bland (a facial cleanser), but I never got out of the purging phase. I had to give up on it. The upside was that it let me to research that eventually landed me with oil cleansing - and I''ve never looked back.

I do like their toners (Eau Roma Water in particular, my husband likes Breath of Fresh Air and uses it in lieu of moisturizer during the summer), but since my cleansing method is pH balanced I don''t really need a toner... I just like the idea of it
3.gif
. Another of their products that I like is the Shangri La moisturizer that you mentioned, SB, but it''s pricey and I found a John Masters Organics serum that works better for me along with OCM.

I liked Ocean Salt (exfoliant) for awhile, but it ended up being too harsh in the long run.
I also like the idea of toners but not really sure if I need one.
4.gif

I also think the Shangri La is pricey for the amount you get! I got a huge sample of it the other day and I can only use it at night- it''s really thick! I''m ready to get my own though, I love the smell and honestly since using Angels on Bare Skin (which is really hard to get used to the paste you need to make to use it) and Shangri La my skin has been SO smooth and blemish free. I always get dry skin around my chin/ mouth in winter and it actually went away. It used to be so bad, my skin would get blotchy and people would ask what was wrong there.

I got a half size (4ish oz) of the Ocean Salt in the Lush Legends set I got.. it DOES look sort of harsh (but smells delish
18.gif
) Perhaps it would work best as a body scrub?? Maybe I''ll try that.

So what is the pH balance method?? I''ve never heard of it
21.gif
Tell me more!

Date: 2/24/2009 1:01:29 PM
Author: Maisie
If its the same Lush company that we have here in the UK I love the look of the shop but I just can''t go in there. The stuff smells so strong it makes me feel queasy. I think if I only had one product to smell I would really like it. Maybe I should get my DH to pick me something out!
That''s what my friend said (I insisted she at least look at the store before bashing it.. she bashes everything). It doesn''t bother me, I love smells and scents and can take the strong ones. After another shopping trip the other day I was showing my mom all of the goodies I got and making her smell them :) I then started sneezing like crazy from the scents and whiffing them so much
5.gif
hehe. Some of their products are VERY light. If you check out their website a lot of people review the products and you can see which might have a lighter scent vs. a heavy scent. One that I think is light is the Butterball Bath Bomb. It''s vanilla and has melty pieces in it.
2.gif

I know the company is in the UK and so many more coutries. Where I am (minnesota) we finally got a bunch in 08. This last weekend I realized there is one that is less than 8 miles from my place! woohoo!@

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
My DH and I are both Lush afficionados. Our bathroom smells of Lush cos we have lots of the stuff. My dh is more of a fan that me and karma is his favourite so to me the smell of karma is happiness and home. I used to love their pineapple grunt soap, it was soooo gorgeous and they discontinued it!!! That always happens to me tho, I get something I really like and then it goes.

I''m a fruit smelling fan, I always go for citrus smelling products or coconut products, I''m not really into flowery smells or spices, they don''t suit my skin for some reason.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 1:32:41 PM
Author: swedish bean
I went through a lush phase about a year ago. I was patient through a whole tub of Ultra Bland (a facial cleanser), but I never got out of the purging phase. I had to give up on it. The upside was that it let me to research that eventually landed me with oil cleansing - and I've never looked back.

I do like their toners (Eau Roma Water in particular, my husband likes Breath of Fresh Air and uses it in lieu of moisturizer during the summer), but since my cleansing method is pH balanced I don't really need a toner... I just like the idea of it
3.gif
. Another of their products that I like is the Shangri La moisturizer that you mentioned, SB, but it's pricey and I found a John Masters Organics serum that works better for me along with OCM.

So what is the pH balance method?? I've never heard of it
21.gif
Tell me more!

3.gif

Oil cleansing method.

35.gif

anniee19

Shiny_Rock
i LOVE Lush!!! Unfortunatly the closest store is almost 2 hours from me, but when I go, I stock up!

My favorites are:
The Comforter Bubble Bar
Sakura Bath Bomb
Sakura solid perfume, it''s not strong enough to give me a headache like most perfumes, but smells wonderful!
Mud Flats Soap
Seanik solid shampoo (I only use this about twice a week for clarifying- it dries to my hair out too much for every day use)

I always break the bath bombs in half with a hammer, and cut the bubble bars into about 6 hunks so it''s not quite expensive that way!

I used Angels on Bare Skin for a few months, but I don''t think it really "did" anything for my skin, and now I''m using Aveda instead. It does exfoliate well though, without being drying.
I am curious about the masks- has anybody tried them and have a favorite? I am making a trip to the Detroit area at the end of this week and might pick one up to try.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 1:50:07 PM
Oil cleansing method.
35.gif

I''ve heard of this - what do you use for it? I''m considering trying this because my skin breaks out so bad all the time.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 2:10:14 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
Date: 2/24/2009 1:50:07 PM
Oil cleansing method.
35.gif
I've heard of this - what do you use for it? I'm considering trying this because my skin breaks out so bad all the time.
Don't wanna threadjack, I'm not an expert but I'd love to start a conversation! Oil Cleansing Method

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2009 1:37:41 PM
Author: swedish bean

One that I think is light is the Butterball Bath Bomb. It''s vanilla and has melty pieces in it.
2.gif
Eau de roast turkey is in now?

Bleh... I just can''t keep up with these fads!

Is Butterball just a seasonal fragrance?

I can see where it might be a real magnet for some guys....

Date: 2/24/2009 10:12:18 PM
Author: VRBeauty

Eau de roast turkey is in now?

Bleh... I just can''t keep up with these fads!

Is Butterball just a seasonal fragrance?

I can see where it might be a real magnet for some guys....
Yeah, you know I''m not sure why it''s called that. It''s the scent of Vanilla and Musk. I love it! I know they had it for xmas... and they have it on their website. It might be Retro though and only available online. Here is the link to it just so ya know what I''m talking about http://www.lushusa.com/shop/products/bath-shower/bath-bombs/butterball
30.gif

Date: 2/24/2009 1:44:05 PM
Author: Po10472
My DH and I are both Lush afficionados. Our bathroom smells of Lush cos we have lots of the stuff. My dh is more of a fan that me and karma is his favourite so to me the smell of karma is happiness and home. I used to love their pineapple grunt soap, it was soooo gorgeous and they discontinued it!!! That always happens to me tho, I get something I really like and then it goes.

I''m a fruit smelling fan, I always go for citrus smelling products or coconut products, I''m not really into flowery smells or spices, they don''t suit my skin for some reason.
You can get it online :) http://www.lushusa.com/shop/products/bath-shower/soap/pineapple-grunt

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
I''m in the UK and they stopped selling it here...........oh no, that means I''m just going to have to buy it now and get it shipped over.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results