shape
carat
color
clarity

LuLaRoe

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And I'm laughing bc I was expecting this thread to be more like share your LLR stuff. Lololol

Hell no, Elliot ruins everything! :lol:

Admittedly I looked at some of the designs from the pop up thing and I can't snark too hard on some of the designs. They look modest (Mormon business so that's probably a given but not my bag) and you can wear a lot of it like pjs. I think I'm mostly reacting to the constant social media selling. I checked my recent fb events and have been invited to Mary Kay, Scentsy, Pampered Chef, LLR, Proactiv, and way in the archives something called Mark.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
I love Lularoe. I started out a hater and couldn't believe what the frenzy was about. Then I bought a dress for super cheap off of ebay. Seriously, the most comfortable clothing I've ever worn in my life. I now have a few tops, dresses and several pairs of leggings. I get compliments every single time I wear something. I think every piece (even the ugly prints) can be styled cute in some way. I don't go to parties and my FB friends that sell it have a separate page for their sales, so they don't bombard their personal pages. I know some consultants that make a sh*t ton of money (they work hard though) and I know a few who lose their money real quick. I mostly buy on ebay.

Here is a photo of the first dress I bought (it is a Julia). It is super-flattering and feels like I'm wearing nothing. juliaj.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cute dress @LAJennifer . Never heard of the brand before this thread.

I'm not on fb so that's left me without invites to all those MLM parties. I heard about pampered chef many years from a co-worker but not recently so thought they were out of business. TBH, the only MLM party I'd attend is for a business like Vybrant from Netflix show Grace and Frankie.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cute dress @LAJennifer . Never heard of the brand before this thread.

I'm not on fb so that's left me without invites to all those MLM parties. I heard about pampered chef many years from a co-worker but not recently so thought they were out of business. TBH, the only MLM party I'd attend is for a business like Vybrant from Netflix show Grace and Frankie.
Ermagherd!!! That episode bahahahahah hahahahahahhaa!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the cleverest and most respectable MLM to me was Pampered Chef. Now, I still resented being expected to buy something in turn for being invited to a friend’s home, but at least the items were useful. Plus the products were demonstrated and guests got to sample foods. That’s harder to do with kitchen gadgets in a random store unless it’s Williams Sonoma or whatever.

Everything else I can’t understand why you wouldn’t just buy online or in a store. There is no need for these pyramid schemes except for a few people at the top to make money off others’ hard work. Every time I see a soliloquy on Facebook about being a hard-working, lady business owner making tons of money with body wraps or something, I cringe. I don’t even get invites on FB these days—they just add me to the stupid group and suddenly one of my Events is attending an online shopping party!?! So annoying.

I hought a PC garlic press in 1999 and complained about the price at the time. I still use it daily.

One of my friends bought into longaberger baskets and those were completely pointless. LLR is so damn ugly and cheap but at least the buyer can wear it-- it has a function.

@LAJennifer that dress is adorable

Last edited:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lularoe, BeachBody, Advocare, LipSense (which I love), Scentsy, Biocell, Rhodan & Fields... it's endless. It's taken over my facebook feed, and it's soooo annoying. I have no problem with the casual sellers -- it's the freaking zealots I can't stand. EVERY SINGLE POST does not need to be a not-so-subtle pitch to your product(s). That really turns me off.

I do own a few Lula items, and I can tell you that they pill very easily. There is nothing special about the fabric, and some of it even feels cheap. They are VERY overpriced. There are only a handful of styles/cuts in the tunics and jackets, and they aren't very flattering. It's like how many crazy print tunics do you really need?? BTW, 90% of their prints suck... and even if you found one you REALLY love, it's not likely to be in the cut or size you like or need. These are just a few of the reasons I loathe Lularoe.

My younger twin sisters started selling Advocare crap. One is really into it (and has become one of "those" people)... The other is just doing it for the discount because she uses it every day anyway -- she never tries to sell it to anyone unless they ask her. Without the discount, I'd never buy any of it. I do like the Spark though... ;-)

My cousin married a girl who's a BeachBody "coach". She is so f*cking annoying with it, I just want to smash her face in. Other than that, she's a super sweet girl. LOL

I love LipSense. Yes, it's overpriced, but it really does stay on all day (and night if you don't remove it).

I've heard Rhodan & Fields is really good skincare, but I'll just stick with my other overpriced regimen. HA!

...and the whole "Mom boss!" thing -- PUKE.

Rant over.

I had to turn off a friend who sells stella and dot. I mean, have you seen that fugly ass shit? Omg? It's obnoxious, gaudy, giant turds. I looked at the catalog to throw her a friend one time sale and I could not find one thing I wanted.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to turn off a friend who sells stella and dot. I mean, have you seen that fugly ass shit? Omg? It's obnoxious, gaudy, giant turds. I looked at the catalog to throw her a friend one time sale and I could not find one thing I wanted.

OMG, I forgot about stella & dot... I know someone who sells that too. She may have given up on it though, because I haven't seen her pushing it in forever.

ETA: oh wait... I just remembered that I ignore all her posts on FB now. HAHAHAAAAA!!!!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been added to a Norwex party Now :cry:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been added to a Norwex party Now :cry:

I HATE MLM crap and refuse to go to those stupid parties. But Norwex kitchen towels are the absolute best I have ever used! I buy the envirocloths and kitchen dish cloths on ebay and I love them! They clean my granite better than any microfiber cloth and I have tried a lot of them just to see if cheaper will do as well.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I HATE MLM crap and refuse to go to those stupid parties. But Norwex kitchen towels are the absolute best I have ever used! I buy the envirocloths and kitchen dish cloths on ebay and I love them! They clean my granite better than any microfiber cloth and I have tried a lot of them just to see if cheaper will do as well.

Good to know. I have never heard of it before.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel lucky to not know what half these companies are...probably due to being an introvert!

I do have a neighbor/friend that sells thirty-one. She is not pushy at all but just leaves me a flyer/book in my mailbox every now and then.
I was given a few pieces as a gift and I have used the heck out of them. I wouldnt mind having a few more bigger pieces.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel lucky to not know what half these companies are...probably due to being an introvert!

I do have a neighbor/friend that sells thirty-one. She is not pushy at all... just leaves me a flyer/book in my mailbox every now and then.
I was given a few pieces as a gift and I have used the heck out of them. I wouldnt mind having a few more bigger pieces.

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
To be fair, Norwex isn't the full-on pyramid scheme like so many of the others. There's no pressure to join and sell it at the parties. I really like the window cloth and I LOVE their laundry soap! At 1 tsp per load, one bag has lasted us over a year! (And no I don't sell Norwex)

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like I'm a LulaHO in the house. I think I have more packages coming. I'll take a pic of my haul when it's all here

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks like I'm a LulaHO in the house. I think I have more packages coming. I'll take a pic of my haul when it's all here

No shame, PB. I've never been to a LLR party or met anyone who sells it, but I'm obsessed with the Amelia dress and have bought 5-6 on ebay.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lula-ho.
IMG_3237.JPG IMG_3238.JPG IMG_3233.JPG

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not talking to my shrink about this. ..."Mommy said I went to Disney in Florida and it was a horrible experience because I was in utero and it took them 2 hours to figure out where they parked the car..."

..."mommy took my to Disney in California in 5-6th grade ? And my only recollection of that trip was eating my first churro."

"Mommy was always a fan of sales..."

(PB's mommy issues drove her to go nuts with LLR's major Disney sale prices!)

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PB, I stand by my comment that you'll never have to do laundry again! :dance:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Asscherhalo_lover - M Carly has your name on it!!! It reaches my ankles when I hold it up!!!!!!!!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I confess...I have a Minnie Mouse Carly...I avoid wearing it where I might be seen by someone I know, but its so comfy for running errands in warmer weather. It always gets a lot of compliments from strangers.

I was invied to a Cabi party tomorrow night. A co-worker, who always dresses nicely, loves their clothes. Has anyone heard of them? Their prices seem high and I probably won't buy anything since they don't carry petite sizes.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t have a problem with MLM if you don’t actually market it. I started using NuSkin back in the 80s when it was a MLM set up. I love their products and still use it. I order all the stuff myself and I have introduced some close friends to it way back in the day because I thought it was a great product. Some still use it. Some don’t. Doesn’t matter to me.

Yes I’ve heard of Lula Roe. I was invited to a party on FB but just got busy and never followed up. The leggings seem soft and if they’re around $40 that is a lot cheaper than my yoga pants. I don’t care about structure. As long as I like the product I’ll consider it.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What kills me are those damn $10 shipped $15 shipped, etc or 50% 60% off going out of business sales. Lololol. I wouldn't pay $25 for these leggings.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol @PintoBean , I appreciate the offer but Disney is just not my thing, unless it's a Villain :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results