shape
carat
color
clarity

LuLaRoe

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone else just notice this brand creep into your life in a major way these past few months? I feel like every other friend is having a "LuLaRoe party!!!" where they want you to buy the clothes.

This brand doesn't align with anything I'm okay with, so I have had to decline like 4 separate parties, but to each their own. Anyone else being LuLa'd on social media?

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I own a bunch of it (only shirts I can get that actually cover my butt) but I don't generally do the party things, and I refuse to have one of my own because I don't want to harass my friends. I have a few "consultants" who I like and shop from along with a few of the big discount groups on FB.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They’re getting their pants sued off.
I’m basically anti-MLM in every regard. (Multi-level Marketing aka Pyramid Sceme.) LLR was hitting HARD here last summer and fall. Like people were advertising it with vinyl stickers on their minivans (haha.)

I’ve seen the product and I don’t have anything nice to say about it. That is all.

ETA: this particular pyramid scheme has a $5k buy-in, btw. That’s basically what a an actual retail store would pay to carry a line. I had a neighbor who bought in with a friend. Allegedly they got in and out quickly and turned a profit, but they were hosting pop-ups at expensive hotels and the amount of time invested cannot have worked out to more than a few dollars an hour. Seems like a colossal waste of time if you ask me. There are far better and easier ways to earn an extra $500/month, and if that’s your goal as most MLMs promise mommies, you don’t need to be investing $5k into shitty quality leggings anyway.

Obviously I have strong feelings about this. Ha!

Last edited:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! The more I read about how shady LuLaRoe is, the more these party invitations seem to appear. It's so hard to just let people enjoy things :lol:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the cleverest and most respectable MLM to me was Pampered Chef. Now, I still resented being expected to buy something in turn for being invited to a friend’s home, but at least the items were useful. Plus the products were demonstrated and guests got to sample foods. That’s harder to do with kitchen gadgets in a random store unless it’s Williams Sonoma or whatever.

Everything else I can’t understand why you wouldn’t just buy online or in a store. There is no need for these pyramid schemes except for a few people at the top to make money off others’ hard work. Every time I see a soliloquy on Facebook about being a hard-working, lady business owner making tons of money with body wraps or something, I cringe. I don’t even get invites on FB these days—they just add me to the stupid group and suddenly one of my Events is attending an online shopping party!?! So annoying.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never even heard of Lularoe until this thread ... seems a good thing it is not in my personal stratosphere.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was at my husband's cousin's house a few months ago and she was wearing a cute shirt and leggings from Lula, the feel of the fabric though had me thinking it would pill easily in a couple of washes.

I'll stick with my trusted Costco pull on yoga pants. If I'm going to go crazy looking for a unicorn it's going to be in the gem world not the legging world :whistle:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do have a couple pair of their leggings. They are incredibly soft yet you can't get the pattern or colors you want. The company ships whatever they want to the seller. So that's a minus for me. Around my neck of the woods, they were everywhere last year. Now they seem to be 'out.'
I didn't realize the buy-in cost and pyramid aspect of it. Off to read more.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've actually heard amazing things about their leggings, the drawbacks I've heard is that they are over priced, always sold out and obv MLM. I'm far too cheap to buy them haha.

IDK what it is about my cousins, but recently one became an "It works" consultant (the wrap/shake things) and one became a tupperware person. Both of them are respectful when I told them I'm not interested, but the it works girl posts literally 5x a day about recruiting people and how "just because everyone you know didnt make money doesnt mean you wont" kind of shit.

I hate almost ALL MLM stuff. The only one I will buy is LipSense, because I hate lipstick and it actually does stay on all day. But again, its too expensive, and I only buy from people who are trying to get out and sell off their stock LOL. Theres a really interesting documentary on netflix (betting on zero) about Herbalife (MLM) and how many lives they ruined. Super interesting, and theyre still in business, but there is a short stock broker betting on them going bust.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that I think about it at least a few other people are hawking Rodan and Fields face stuff. "I've taken a huge step and became my OWN BOSS!"

Did ya. :rolleyes:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lularoe, BeachBody, Advocare, LipSense (which I love), Scentsy, Biocell, Rhodan & Fields... it's endless. It's taken over my facebook feed, and it's soooo annoying. I have no problem with the casual sellers -- it's the freaking zealots I can't stand. EVERY SINGLE POST does not need to be a not-so-subtle pitch to your product(s). That really turns me off.

I do own a few Lula items, and I can tell you that they pill very easily. There is nothing special about the fabric, and some of it even feels cheap. They are VERY overpriced. There are only a handful of styles/cuts in the tunics and jackets, and they aren't very flattering. It's like how many crazy print tunics do you really need?? BTW, 90% of their prints suck... and even if you found one you REALLY love, it's not likely to be in the cut or size you like or need. These are just a few of the reasons I loathe Lularoe.

My younger twin sisters started selling Advocare crap. One is really into it (and has become one of "those" people)... The other is just doing it for the discount because she uses it every day anyway -- she never tries to sell it to anyone unless they ask her. Without the discount, I'd never buy any of it. I do like the Spark though... ;-)

My cousin married a girl who's a BeachBody "coach". She is so f*cking annoying with it, I just want to smash her face in. Other than that, she's a super sweet girl. LOL

I love LipSense. Yes, it's overpriced, but it really does stay on all day (and night if you don't remove it).

I've heard Rhodan & Fields is really good skincare, but I'll just stick with my other overpriced regimen. HA!

...and the whole "Mom boss!" thing -- PUKE.

Rant over.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup. I'm a mom too, but I manage to get through my week with everyone alive and fed without wearing shirts that say "Mom Boss Life" or "Mommy's Sippy Cup" with a bedazzled wine glass on it. Barf!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup. I'm a mom too, but I manage to get through my week with everyone alive and fed without wearing shirts that say "Mom Boss Life" or "Mommy's Sippy Cup" with a bedazzled wine glass on it. Barf!

GAWD! For real! Don't forget crap with #momlife on it... LMAO

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, they've moved on from tupperware and Amway? I dislike all these dumb things. ugh.

Anyone else just notice this brand creep into your life in a major way these past few months? I feel like every other friend is having a "LuLaRoe party!!!" where they want you to buy the clothes.

This brand doesn't align with anything I'm okay with, so I have had to decline like 4 separate parties, but to each their own. Anyone else being LuLa'd on social media?

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know I sound like such a bitter Betty. I reserve my judgment almost all the time on style, but on this point I am throwing major side eye. I'm somewhat of a "trendy" person, I have many timeless and vintage things in my home, but I redecorate pretty frequently and I love going to Target on an early afternoon before the kids leave school, getting a Starbucks drink and looking around.

I think a little of this might be coming from a place of annoyance at the consumer based insistence that this is what "mom life" is. It's all Live Laugh Love and LuLaRoe. Half the mothers in the pickup line have some variation of blue, purple, or pink hair and are wearing tees that say "Fueled by Caffeine" or something and wearing $40 leggings printed with cats floating in space and pizza slices. Maybe I'm just a buzzkill.

Funny side note about my early onset grumpiness, I am hosting Thanksgiving and my daughter wanted to get all these decorations with the swirly hipster letting like Give Thanks and Gathering Together etc. I was like "OMG no! Everyone will already know why they're at our house!"

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately these type of selling parties have been around forever and very few people enjoy getting suckered into attending them.

My SIL and niece pulled out a picture recently from when my niece was born. My niece asked what the heck I was wearing. It was some jumpsuit from one of these types of parties 27 years ago. It was a one size fits all type of thing (which clearly didn't). I told her what was more pathetic then the picture is we all thought we looked good in that outfit for about a week.
After which we promptly thru them out.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My SIL, who I adore, did Nerium for a while. I bought one tube of the stuff and it smelled like...husband said silage. I've never been around silage so I took his word for it. We may all assume that it was not a pleasant scent. Nasty. It had a money back, and I went through the rigamarole and got it back.

That didn't work out very long, and bunch of stuff happened in the middle, and now she's doing Monat - pronounced Mo-nate I'm told. I confess at a glance I just see it as Monistat. Every time. :shock: Errrmm....
Anyway, I went to the party, and took awesome lemon cookies, but politely declined to buy that stuff. Ye gods but it's expensive. My hair has been seriously thinning for years now, but I know that this stuff is not going to make the remaining 12.5 strands look great, or magically grow more hair for me, so no thanks.

I confess I used to enjoy the Colonial Candle parties somewhat, and bought some of their holders and such. Good quality stuff. But I'm currently all candled and holdered up, and they don't do those anymore I think. I've also been to one party flogging essential oils. Didn't buy any of that either. I just hang out, eat the snacks, and oo and ah appropriately.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know there are few things that really REALLY get to me but a FB friend added me to her "Mascarade" party which was for some "awesome" mascara that makes your lashes look like giant spiders are living on them.

Well that wouldn't have been so bad except I had just lost half the vision in my left eye and found out it was permanent ;(. So here I am getting daily updates of before and afters and all these eye pictures:

Yeah.....I swear you can't make this stuff up!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Partylite candles have always been a favorite of mine and my tupperware of post WW2 and still in good shape! I never attend parties tho--just buy online thru a person I know...

cheers--Sharon

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately these type of selling parties have been around forever and very few people enjoy getting suckered into attending them.

Agreed....the model isn't new. I think what makes LulaRoe standout is it's explosive success which I also think will be its downfall.

My daughter has a couple of friends who are LulaRoe consultants and so I have a few pieces. Some I love - very comfortable and some fun colorful prints that have elicited compliments from those not familiar with the brand. Not high quality but fine for around the house and running errands...better than sweats, lol. Overpriced? Yes, but so is most of the MLM stuff.

As far as business practices - just bad - my biggest problem with buying their stuff although I like to support my daughter's friends. From the start, I was appalled that they were collecting sales tax based on where the consultant was shipping from (this has now been fixed). And the fact that consultants have to purchase inventory up front without knowing what prints they will get. The latest big issue is the flip flopping of their buyback policy for those looking to exit the business.

Finally, their model was fine until it had to scale. Now there are too many consultants selling the same limited styles. The limited run on any print (a big selling point) means they are pushing out uglier and uglier designs to fill orders imo. Not that long ago, most stuff would go fast...now it just sits there. Consultants are stuck with inventory that won't sell even when they have specials. Last, quality control is bad. I was surprised at how much I loved wearing my first pieces. Then I'd buy the same piece in another print later to find the material/quality wasn't the same. I think their time has come and gone...and I feel bad for all those selling who will get stuck sooner or later.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My oldest daughter tends to get sucked into these things. Lularoe, Jamberry, LipSense etc. I have 2 pairs of LLR leggings, a black and a grey. They are super soft sleep pants for me. My old skin is turning fragile. I like the LipSense because I'm not a lipstick gal, but I can use that and forget about it basically. I have 2 colours, lol.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elliott, you and I would be friends IRL, I think. :twirl: :lol:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wut.
I thought you lived on the east coast for some reason?

I do ugh that's right, you're not at all in my state. I think my brain was in denial!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought so! I couldn't imagine how much more irate your posts would be if you lived in this sorry excuse for a state!!! LOL

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just bought a shit ton of LLR:lol:. 55% off, 50% off, etc., all Disney stuff.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just bought a shit ton of LLR:lol:. 55% off, 50% off, etc., all Disney stuff.
And I'm laughing bc I was expecting this thread to be more like share your LLR stuff. Lololol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results