shape
carat
color
clarity

Lucida Diamond

lucida1084

Rough_Rock
ello everyone,

My gf has kindly dropped hints that she want's a tiffany lucida diamond for the e-ring. However the ring is way overpriced so looking for a ring that is most similar to it. After much research and speaking with jewellers it seems the square radiant fits the bill. I've narrowed by choices down to 3 stones, but having difficulty choosing between them:

1. .96 ct E VS2 (eye clean), nice looking stone but slight crushed ice affect, 67% depth. £4500
2. .91 ct D VS1 (eye clean). very well cut, nearly bang on cut to lucida. 80% depth. £4200
3. 1.02 ct E VS2 (eye clean). nice shine/sparkle/brilliance. 68% depth. £4800.

All are nearly perfect squares.

I am in between number 1 and 2 and both seem to be nice rings with 1. being slightly bigger. However I am in love with the cut, symmetery and lines of number 2. It seems to be the closest to the Lucida. My issues is the depth. I have been told standard depth should be 60% - 70%. I also lose surface area on the stone making it look smaller than it actually is.

However it seems the Lucida has greater depth so it may be nearly identical to it? Can someone confirm that. Basically need to determine if 80% is a big issue. Also Should number 1 be priced cheaper than 2.?

Thanks for the help in advance. I will also try and post pictures to give you a greater point of comparison.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
lucida1084|1402950191|3694435 said:
ello everyone,

My gf has kindly dropped hints that she want's a tiffany lucida diamond for the e-ring. However the ring is way overpriced so looking for a ring that is most similar to it. After much research and speaking with jewellers it seems the square radiant fits the bill. I've narrowed by choices down to 3 stones, but having difficulty choosing between them:

If your gf is wishing for a Lucida and you plan to surprise with a Radiant, you better take cover...
Now seriously, they are realy nothing alike in appearance or facet design.
I suggest another route, but that's just me...

I think there was a lawsuits between T&Co and a brand by the name of Lucere? which might get close to fitting that bill..., check it out.

Eta..., found it.

http://lucerediamonds.com/

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock
The bigger question is does she want a Lucida style cut diamond or a Tiffany diamond, preferably Lucida?

Video from Jonathon at GOG on Lucere http://vimeo.com/18546344 He picked a real crapper as the comparison.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
ello everyone,

1. .96 ct E VS2 (eye clean), nice looking stone but slight crushed ice affect, 67% depth. £4500
2. .91 ct D VS1 (eye clean). very well cut, nearly bang on cut to lucida. 80% depth. £4200

I am in between number 1 and 2 and both seem to be nice rings with 1. being slightly bigger. However I am in love with the cut, symmetery and lines of number 2. It seems to be the closest to the Lucida. My issues is the depth. I have been told standard depth should be 60% - 70%. I also lose surface area on the stone making it look smaller than it actually is.

However it seems the Lucida has greater depth so it may be nearly identical to it? Can someone confirm that. Basically need to determine if 80% is a big issue. Also Should number 1 be priced cheaper than 2.?

Thanks for the help in advance. I will also try and post pictures to give you a greater point of comparison.

Would you consider a Tiffany Lucida that's an estate piece? With a good polishing, it could look new?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like RandG said, an estate Lucida would be a very smart decision. You get the real thing without the real cost!

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
RandG|1403014381|3694939 said:
ello everyone,

Would you consider a Tiffany Lucida that's an estate piece? With a good polishing, it could look new?

Here's one at the upper end of your range, by a well known re-seller of Tiffany:

http://www.oakgem.com/Products/Tiffany_(and)_Co_Lucida_Platinum_1.08ct_I_VVS1_Diamond_Engagement_Ring_7839.aspx

I also know of a G VS1 around 1.50 carats, with all the Tiffany paperwork as if you bought it at the store, for around $18K.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results