shape
carat
color
clarity

Love at first sight! My new 1.14ct diamond in solitaire setting!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even after loving and buying diamonds and fine jewelry for so many years, i still hadn't realized how happy a diamond can actually make me feel!
My ER and all the other diamonds that i own or used to own were all D and E stones, except for one M stone, which i never really liked, because its cut was not good enough and i finally sold one month ago to a lady who appreciated it more than me! I guess, my choice of colorless stones had to do with the fact that only crispy white diamonds are popular where i live and this fact ...had influenced my judgement in the past!
It was due to PS that i got to see so many lower color diamonds and to appreciate their beauty. At the same time, i started feeling that those very white stones that i own are beautiful but seem to me very ...cold and sometimes fake! I have been dreaming of J's and K's for a very long time but i couldn't justify to myself another diamond purchase! Nevertheless, i would catch myself all the time looking at diamonds at various sites and drooling!
Finally, approximately three weeks ago i found a J diamond on the Blue Nile site that really caught my attention! I would go back and check it out many times per day, wishing it hadn't sold! I told DH that there was this diamond that i felt i was in love with and which had all the specs that i wished for and initially he wasn't very pleased with the idea of me buying another diamond, because he felt that we should have other priorities at this time. I had the savings to make this purchase without getting into debt and without jeopardizing our good financial status but i really wanted him on board. I guess it was meant to be because two days later he came to me and asked: How are you going to have it set? I was very surprised and then told him that i would definitely choose a plain solitaire setting, because my ER is a haloed three-stone ring and i really wish to finally see a classic solitaire ring on my finger! He then answered: Good. Go ahead and buy the ring. I approve of it. I couldn't resist asking him how did he have this...change of heart and he said that he always wanted me to wear a diamond solitaire ring with my plain white gold band but he never said anything, because he knew that i preferred the halo style and he didn't want to influence my judgement, since i was the one who was going to wear the rings and he wanted me to be happy... Needless to say that i was ...shocked! I had never realized that he actually had a strong opinion on the matter that he had never shared with me.
So i ordered the ring with a very positive attitude and lots of happiness! I chose a simple, cathedral, four claw, white gold solitaire setting, because i really didn't want to spend a lot of money on a setting right now but mabe later down the road i will have a platinum solitaire setting custom made for my beloved new diamond.
The diamond is a 1.14ct, J, SI2, triple Ex, GIA certified stone with an HCA of 0.9.
Words cannot express how happy i felt when the ring arrived and i opened the box. This beauty blinded me with its sparkle and i can honestly say that in my eyes my new diamond is much more beautiful than my E, VVS2, Hearts and Arrows stone. It is white but there is a richness and beauty in this color that i prefer so much more than the crispy white stones! And it is completely eye clean! I looped it and i saw the inclusions of my diamond only under magnification and i felt... so excited! I would loop all my other stones and i wouldn't see anything at all. which means that i couldn't recognise my own stone even if i observed it under 30X magnification, which felt...frustrating to me!
I'm happy. I am very, VERY, happy with this ring. I can't stop staring at it all day long and i receive a lot of compliments on it from all my friends and colleagues at work. DH smiled when he saw it and didn't say anything, he just gave me a kiss! i guess, that means that he approves;))
A big thank you to our members @missy and @marymm , who encouraged me to not let this diamond go at the Hangout boards! Ladies...:wavey:

So, enough talking! It's time for photos! And as most of you know, my photos are never good enough:lol: Nevertheless, i tried my best with the poor equipment that i have!
IMG_20171013_180240.jpg IMG_20171013_184141.jpg

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simply beautiful, I'm glad it makes you happy!!!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! It looks amazing on your hand!

Not to thread-jack (but I will anyway, hahaha), but I've always had G-or-better colored diamonds. For some reason the threads here of H-I-J diamonds appeal to me more than the super white ones. For my upgrade I'm going to see how I like an H or an I :)

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks absolutely perfect on your hand! And the color is indeed a very warm, creamy white that is dreamy :geek2:

Happy for you that it worked out!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

JACKPOT girl! Looks fabu.:love: Wear it in health!:appl:

cheers--Sharon

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Not to thread-jack (but I will anyway, hahaha), but I've always had G-or-better colored diamonds. For some reason the threads here of H-I-J diamonds appeal to me more than the super white ones. For my upgrade I'm going to see how I like an H or an I :)

P

PierreBear

Congrats on the new bling! Looks great on your hand but can I also mention that your hair and nails look amazing also?! Enjoy!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous, looks great on you and also looks very eye clean for an SI2!!!! :love::love: Enjoy your new bling!!! :dance:

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring and it looks so stunning on your hand! :love: Congratulations on getting something both you and DH love.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful on you Natylad! So happy you were able to get it and your hubby was on board! It kind of diminishes the pleasure if they are not, doesn't it? It is interesting that that was the look he had in mind, that he wanted to see on your hand but didn't say anything. That sounds like exactly what my hubby would do as well. It is gorgeous!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Naty!!! WOW!!

I absolutely adore this & it just looks so beautiful & at home on your lovely hand! I'm glad you went for it & glad your husband is on board (makes the process much less mentally painful!) because it sits perfectly & is just classic perfection :love:

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! Everything about your ring is fabulous. I love the diamond with its amazing color and sparkle factor, and that setting is gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing your joy and enjoy your ring in good health!

Shopaholic

Shiny_Rock
It's beautiful and looks perfect on your hand!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks perfect on you :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!! It looks absolutely lovely on you and the specs are amazing. What a great find!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does indeed look beautiful on your hand! It is so important to find that stone that just makes your heart sing regardless of size, color or clarity. Enjoy your beautiful new diamond - your excitement just shines through your post!!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Naty
Congrats, Beautiful classic solitaire!..:love:. they'll never go out of style.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your story! Your stone is scrumptious and your happiness is infectious! Wear her in much health and happiness!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond and rings. It looks fabulous on your hand.

thorstedswife

Shiny_Rock
Looks super elegant ! Love it :kiss2::kiss2:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!! :love::love::love: Naty, it looks fabulous on you! I love it, classic and elegant and just amazing! So glad your husband hopped on board the bling train - somehow a bling purchase is just more enjoyable when dh is supportive. Enjoy your beautiful new sparkly! :appl::dance:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Naty!!! :wavey: That is beautiful! :love: A classic solitaire is the perfect addition to your collection! I like so many things, but when it comes down to it, the simple elegance of a solitaire and band can't be beat! I am so glad you like the color! A well cut stone makes a big difference!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it's perfect!! it looks so beautiful on you. And I love your setting!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Natylad - that ring is beautiful but my
God I'm obsessed with your hair!!!:love: It's always long, blonde, wavy, and shiny! It's like hair model gorgeous! It's one of the few things in PS that distracts me from bling. I have hair envy:mrgreen:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results