shape
carat
color
clarity

LOTS of inclusions on VS1??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

biscuit

Rough_Rock
Hello all!

Another quick question for you...this one might be for the diamond grading experts out there. I found an interesting stone that's a branded H&A ideal VS1, but after exploring the inclusions on the rock I found out it has a crystal, feather and a cloud. I'm wondering how it's possible to have so many different inclusions on a VS1...also, I have a question on how clarity is graded. In the case of a rock like this, that has more than one inclusion, do all of the inclusions add up to a certain amount of total allowable inclusions (say a certain amount of surface area)? OR is each inclusion measured on an individual basis and there are threshold sizes for each individual inclusion? if that's the case, then could a VS1 rock be FILLED with inclusions that all fall under the "VS1 inclusion size?" Just wondering...

Thanks again!:praise:

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Clarity is graded based on the size, density and location of the inclusions.

There can be several very small inclusions in VS1 clarity diamond.

biscuit

Rough_Rock
Thanks a ton, Leonid!:praise:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results