shape
carat
color
clarity

Lost!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
I agree that the writers might not know where they''re going. They''ve dropped so many hints/clues and started so many different stories, it almost seems impossible that they''ll be able to follow them all through to the end. Honestly, it seems like the kind of show that should only last 2, maybe 3 seasons max. That way they could have been planning the whole show towards an ending that would make sense. I mean, it''s really hard to imagine how they''re going to stretch this out for 5 or 6 seasons. As long as it''s making money for ABC, though, I''m sure they''ll find a way. It still is really intriguing, so I''ll keep watching until it gets too ridiculous. Every time I think that''s going to happen, it gets really good again. They''ve got me....for now.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2006 12:47:11 PM
Author: sk8rjen

Thing is, I LOVE Lost, but I think the writers are going to get themselves in too deep where there''s no reasonable resolution. They will drag it out until it loses viewers, gets canceled and has to be wrapped up quickly and recklessly. (X-files anyone?) IMHO

jen
We loved the X-files too!!!!!! You are exactly right, Jen. I hate it when the final episodes of a cancelled show are written poorly and come to an abrupt and sometimes senseless ending. I hope that does not happen with Lost.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2006 6:12:16 PM
Author: DiamondLil

We loved the X-files too!!!!!! You are exactly right, Jen. I hate it when the final episodes of a cancelled show are written poorly and come to an abrupt and sometimes senseless ending. I hope that does not happen with Lost.
Dunno WHY that comment reminded me of Alias....
20.gif
1.gif
Which is another JJ Abrams show....hmmmm....

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is anyone still thinking about the season finale, like I am?! The show has been driving me batty with episode upon episode where you barely learn any little tidbit but the finale...WOW.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hahah FG I was just talking to a friend about it the other day...

that season finale was INSANE. ridiculous! it's like every time you get a little bit more info on something, something else pops up to be mysterious!

what does the ex of desmond have to do with the island? why did she employ some research station in the snow to find it? why is the island not able to be found again if someone leaves? why when desmond tried to leave it was he propelled back towards it? who are the others and why are they the good guys? what do they want with jake, kate, and sawyer? are locke and eko dead or will they magically reappear next episode, aka maybe you aren't really dead til the island is finished with you? why haven't we seen that big person eating loud monster hardly at all this season? what was up with that 4 legged foot statue? what is up with the magnet on the island? what was the real experiment?

as you can see YES WE ARE CONFUSED! hahahaa.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Also, when you have a *giant electromagnet* that becomes unstable every 180 minutes, so that you have to build a whole bunker around it, why the H*LL would you put a bunch of metallic objects like knives, darts, and washing machines in its immediate vicinity so that every single one of them becomes a projectile weapon?? Oh, sorry...TV...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I loved it so much. I have the same questions! That quote of Sayid''s creeped me out, "I don''t know what makes me more uncomfortable - that there''s only the foot of a huge statue left here, or that it only has 4 toes?"

And what was up with Desmond''s ex - I couldn''t tell if she had something to DO with all of this, or that she had somehow determined that these ''electromagnetic anomalies'' had something to do with Desmond''s location. And why were her employees up in like, Siberia?

Way cool that we learned the plane crashed because Desmond didn''t get back to the hatch in time to plug in the numbers! I do wonder if Eko and Locke are dead or what. How did Charlie get out then?

I wonder if Michael is REALLY going to be able to escape by following that coordinate given to him by the others or not. Desmond didn''t have much luck getting out, so...

I still don''t buy that the others are the ''good guys''...remember Walt told Michael, ''They make me take tests all day, and they''re not who they say they are.'' But who the hell are they?!?!

Did the first incident in the orientation tape cause the electromagnetic situation that started this off in the first place, or was the incident someone not plugging in their numbers?

Is Desmond dead? Why not turn the key in the first place if it''s a failsafe? Then nobody has to plug in the numbers, right? Or no? They can''t plug in numbers anymore anyway!

What the hell is this vaccine for? Does it do anything?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
By the way, I can''t find the article anymore...but the guy in the hatch with Desmond was the American soldier who taught Sayid how to torture people in Iraq.

Did Libby go to the mental institution because of the death of her husband, or something else? Interesting that SHE''s the one who gave Desmond the boat!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/30/2006 8:12:30 PM
Author: FireGoddess
By the way, I can''t find the article anymore...but the guy in the hatch with Desmond was the American soldier who taught Sayid how to torture people in Iraq.

Did Libby go to the mental institution because of the death of her husband, or something else? Interesting that SHE''s the one who gave Desmond the boat!
I thought he looked familiar!! At first we thought he was The Others guy with the white hair but quickly figured out it was not the case.

Libby had a BAD wig on that day she gave Desmond the boat!! It was probably supposed to be her real hair at the time but it was horrible.

I know I am DYING to know who The Others are. And what they want with those 3. Also, remember in the beginning of this season when that other dude infiltrated the camp with Ana Lucia in it...she found out that they only took the ''good ones''? On that list? So I have been wondering all season what good vs bad meant? And remember when ''Henry'' told Locke he came to that side of the island and got accidentally captured because he was coming for Locke? Which is why I kind of feel like Locke can''t be dead.

The vibe I got from the chick at the end was that they were looking for the island, but I didn''t know if it was because she figured out that Desmond was marooned there OR if it was something totally unrelated, like part of what her father did? They didn''t delve into her career at all, all we knew was that she was the daughter of a wealthy guy. Oh and I totally caught this line when she was talking to Desmond before he went up for his run (that night he met Jack) where she said ''With enough money and resources you can find anyone''...I thought that was foreshadowing for him being on the island. But now he''s dead? Or is he?

It can go on for DAYS. There''s just too much to even speculate! It just keeps getting crazier!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/30/2006 8:38:18 PM
Author: Mara
Oh and I totally caught this line when she was talking to Desmond before he went up for his run (that night he met Jack) where she said ''With enough money and resources you can find anyone''...I thought that was foreshadowing for him being on the island. But now he''s dead? Or is he?

It can go on for DAYS. There''s just too much to even speculate! It just keeps getting crazier!!
YES - I was about to say the same thing - that line didn''t go unnoticed by me, especially with that clip of her at the end of the episode!!

I thought it was very ironic that the Other that Ana Lucia killed was actually the only one who thought she was ''good'' and worth capturing to bring to their side. And then she ends up killing him. Oops. And if they''re so good, why can''t they just act like normal people and say ''hey, we''ve got a great thing going on our side of the island, come on over and lets be friends?'' why do they have to drag people off in the middle of the night!?!??!

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
maybe desmond''s boat went back towards the island because of the times they didn''t hit the numbers..
remember the "freak out" with henry. well maybe thats why his boat was pulled in that direction..
plus, if it had been strong enough to pull a plane, it shouldnt need to be "super strong" (meaning the timer was still beeping) to change the direction of the boat..!

but i''m anxious to hear about more!! (next season i guess)

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I just hope that we get answers to all of these questions someday and that I can remember what happened by the time the fall season begins!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don''t worry - at least 1 to 3 full episodes will be solely wasted on catching us back up to speed., particularly after we''ve all caught up.
20.gif
I wish I was kidding.
2.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Oh it''s all just too delicious--too many things to ponder!!!

I think that there is a lot more to Penelope Widmore (Desmond''s girlfriend.) Her Dad--maybe her too--has got to be somehow involved with Hanso/Dharma. Did she somehow find out where Desmond had been marooned? Was his being shipwrecked orchestrated by Widmore to keep him out of her life? DId she find this out and then get the ice-bound Portugese electromagnetic dudes to track him??? HOW DOES LIBBY figure in to the Widmores??? The whole hey, I have a boat thing can''t be a coincidence. And She was in the asylum too with Hurly...>WITH THE CRAZY GUY WHO KNEW THE NUMBERS!!!

We have not seen the last of Libby. Or Penelope.

And now that Desmond has turned the failsafe key and the sky turned white/violet and all that, does that mean that everything the electromagnetism did before will be reversed??? (LIke, Locke''s leg, ROse''s cancer, Jin''s fertility, the weird geographic "bubble" around the island???)

Have we seen the last of Michael and Walt?? If it turns out Libby was an OTHER or something can we forgive Michael b/c we all hated AnaLucia anyway?

If NotHenryGale is really the leader, did he allow Rousseau to catch him on purpse?

Why bother with the pretense of the beards and costumes??

Did Jack always have a pinecone up his a$%?

Since two months on the island have been 2 years for us, does this mean that Sun will now be pregnant for the rest of Lost''s run?

I love this show, but I''m going NUTS!!!!

AAAHHHHHHHGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--the thing is......they DO answer questions. (Who is the French chick, why did the plane crash, what''s in the hatch, what is the monster/security system...) but they give us 50,000 more, so it''s like 2 steps forward 4 steps back.

I also think we will see more of Alex (Danielle''s daughter who was kidnapped by the Others who helped Claire escape) next year. She seems to be not fully one of them.

My brain hurts now.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2006 6:05:39 PM
Author: blueroses

And now that Desmond has turned the failsafe key and the sky turned white/violet and all that, does that mean that everything the electromagnetism did before will be reversed??? (LIke, Locke''s leg, ROse''s cancer, Jin''s fertility, the weird geographic ''bubble'' around the island???)
I''ve been wondering the same thing myself. Or does one of the other hatches have to do the job? Is more than 1 hatch releasing pressure?

Date: 5/31/2006 6:05:39 PM
Author: blueroses
--the thing is......they DO answer questions. (Who is the French chick, why did the plane crash, what''s in the hatch, what is the monster/security system...)
Wait, so did they actually say what the monster/security system is? All I know is the last time I saw it, it came face to face with Eko and EKO WON! That''s all I remember.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results