shape
carat
color
clarity

Lost!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
Is anyone obsessed with Lost, like myself?

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
DH and I have watched every single episode from the very beginning! We are so addicted...!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s one of the shows I follow, stemming from having watched Alias. I haven''t seen this week''s episode though, still on my TiVo.

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Me too- For awhile I was a bit lost on Lost, but now I am totally hooked again! what did you think of the ending last night?

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
Last night was insane.

I am not sure what to think though... Michael is back, and bad. Why did he do what he did? Did he join the others? Is he trying to get his fellow losties to start a war to get Walt back? I am so conflicted!

I was wondering what others were thinking as well.

I went to lost-forum.com - but there are just too many posts to sort through. it''s hard to take a few minutes break to read them all.

Ana Lucia and Libby though... interesting timing on that!

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
*SPOILER ALERT*

It''s so weird that both girls got arrested for DUI''s and now are both dead. Although I don''t think Libby died, I think only Ana-Lucia did and Libby''s gonna be back on the show and know that Michael was the one who shot everyone...So much happened on the last episode. What did the "other" guy mean that he came to get Locke?

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
We are soooooo hooked too -- seen every episode.

Did you hear that the actress playing Ana-Lucia was given a choice of community service or jail time for her DUI and chose the JAIL TIME!!!!! She got out after a few days so I guess she did not want her service to conflict with working. I did not hear about what the other woman got.

Last night''s episode was pretty freaky. COMPLETELY caught us off guard. We even backed up (TIVO) and watched the last minutes again becuase it happened so quick!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I love LOST, but sometimes the plots seem so slow. Last night however certainly had plenty going on!!! Looking forward to next week.

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
Don''t you think that Michael acted the way he did last night because ''the others'' gave him an "assignment" in order to get Walt back...?!

And as soon as I read that Michelle Rodriguez was arrested for DUI, I knew they were going to write her off the show. I think I also read or heard on the radio that she''s difficult to work with and none of the other cast members like her.

BTW, that ''other'' guy was saying how Ana Lucia killed 2 of them...I remember her killing Goodwin, but who was the 2nd ''pther'' she killed? DH and I can''t remember for the life of us.

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
when "henry" said he was on his way to get locke, I think he either meant it to get him thinking(like he did with ana-lucia about how they saw potential), but they meant that the others wanted him. (whether its true or not..)

I don''t know what to think anymore..blaah! I think Michael was asked to do it, i don''t think he planned on shooting libby(i dont think she is dead either!!), but shooting himself will make it look like "henry" did it.

IS IT WEDNESDAY YET?!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just saw the episode!

I think the first ''other'' AnaLucia killed was during the ambush their very first night after the crash. I think one of them had grabbed her or she grabbed him as he was dragging someone away but she hit him on the head with a rock and killed him. I believe that''s the first one, and then the second one was Goodwyn who was undercover in their camp and impaled him on a stake.

I did see that she chose jail time over community service regarding the DUI. A coworker said of course she would do that because it''s less ''overall'' time out of her schedule...but since she''s been killed off...what schedule?!!!

As for Michael, it is possible the others sent him on a ''mission'' to retrieve Henry Gale and also have the survivors ''ambush'' the others, maybe only to find out they''re outnumbered once they get there? I sorta got the feeling he wants to lead them into a trap. Maybe to get Walt? Maybe because he thinks the ''others'' are better now? Did you guys see the previews? The previews make it seem like both AnaLucia and Libby will die, since they tout that Michael ''holds the destiny of all of survivors in his hands.'' That wouldn''t be possible if Libby was alive to tattle on him. Just a thought.

Lost has REALLY been pissing me off because things NEVER seem to progress - ie. last week we had the recap of the whole season - there are more of those recaps than there are original episodes. It''s getting old in that respect. They need to step it up or they will lose viewers. The original friends of mine who got me hooked on the show gave up on it long ago - they got so fed up they haven''t watched in ages.

orangevixen

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/5/2006 2:06:03 AM
Author: FireGoddess

Lost has REALLY been pissing me off because things NEVER seem to progress - ie. last week we had the recap of the whole season - there are more of those recaps than there are original episodes. It''s getting old in that respect. They need to step it up or they will lose viewers. The original friends of mine who got me hooked on the show gave up on it long ago - they got so fed up they haven''t watched in ages.

I TOTALLY agree FireGoddess...it''s really been pissing me off. And then when I think I have it figured out for a moment... BAM! Last night was crazy. I have never been more frustrated by a show in my life. But, even when I give up on it and miss a few episodes, I always find myself coming back for more. They''ve certainly got us all.

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
I totally agree... DH hates those "recap" episodes. He deletes them from the DVR without watching them.

FG - I told DH that Ana Lucia killed one of the others when they were kidnapping all those people from their group at the beginning of their story but we just couldn''t remember that part. Also, about Michael...he is totally leading them into a trap. He''s just doing what he''s been told to do so that he can get his son back. What father wouldn''t do *anything* for his son, right?

Y''know how Michael said that the others only have 2 guns...we know that''s not true cuz remember when Jack and all them met up with that bearded guy, and they had to give up all their guns...? So we know for sure that they have, at the very least, all the guns that Jack et al gave up that night...and I''m pretty sure that was more than 2. Michael is totally leading them into an ambush of some sort.

The story really has been dragging this season. However, it was a crazy twist how Ana Lucia was Jack''s dad''s "buddy" before the plane crash. Now that''s they''ve killed her though, Jack will never know about the connection...and that he has a sister in Australia...???

Also, you''re all right -- Libby is not going to die. We still don''t know her story about why she was in that mental institute with Hurley. BTW, DH said that he heard on the radio yesterday morning that there was a deleted scene played on ABC''s morning show... Hurley and Libby were running around the island and Hurley says something to the effect of how wouldn''t it be nice if they had music...then suggests that there are records in the Hatch that they could borrow / listen to...but Libby says that she doesn''t like going to the Hatch because they''re keeping that crazy guy prisoner...but I guess that''s the reason she was in there, to get records...and that''s when she was shot by Michael, I guess.

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
I don''t think that they were both shot due to their DUIs. I heard AnaLucia was signed on for only one season anyway.

Goodness, this show is a pain. I love it - but I want some resolution for SOMETHING!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s right - at the very least I believe the ''others'' should have 3 guns, because Jack, Locke, and Sawyer had to hand over theirs to get Kate back. Also, one of them had a gun on the boat when they kidnapped Walt, which was how Sawyer got shot. So that''s at least 4 right there.

I do think it''s wacked that they showed all the background with AnaLucia and how Jack has a sister only to find out that he''ll never know about them? It was funny to see the tie in with Sawyer during the flashback, since you know that he''ll go in and booze it up with Jack''s father in the bar.

I too think it would be ridiculous for Libby to die because we don''t know how she ended up on the plane, and we don''t know why she was in the mental institution with Hurley. It also seems very clear she remembers him from there so...why is she keeping that secret?

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Okay bright people, no one is discussing the MAP!!!!!!!!

My son and husband are so crazy, the next day after Locke saw the map on the metal door (when he was trapped under it), the went on line and found the map, with all it''s languages already translated, and printed it out. Those two spent hours studying it and discussing it. It''s an interesting map actually. There are several different handwritings on it, so more than a few people contributed to it. This won''t be clear enough to read, but here it is anyway.

thelostmap3.jpg

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
Great MAP, DiamondLil!

Anyone ever visit lost-forum.com? There''s a ton of information over there... and theories and spoilers.

Do you remember where they found the map?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I never even thought to go searching online for the map! The show has so many theorized 'underground' goings on that it seems overwhelming to even try! People speculating that the books Sawyer is reading give some clues, etc. In the episode where the map appeared during the few seconds of blacklighting in the hatch I couldn't believe it! It seems like the map is of the other hatches on the island, but now that you've posted this I'll have to go and read what all the words say.

I thought the countdown didn't really matter much - that nothing was going to happen if they didn't enter the numbers...until the one time when Jack prevented Locke from doing it in time and the clock flipped to red hieroglyphics - that was scary.

So does the hatch 'lock down' because food is being dropped in and they're not to know how it's being done?? Cuz right after that is when the ton of food was found.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2006 1:23:51 PM
Author: KittenKat
Great MAP, DiamondLil!

Anyone ever visit lost-forum.com? There''s a ton of information over there... and theories and spoilers.

Do you remember where they found the map?
I don''t have any idea where they found it, but I''ll ask them and post the site so you can get a clearer look and/or print it.

There are a lot of odd phrases --

Lift up your heart, lift up your heart, lift up your heart
Save yourself from hell
There are dragons here
Suspected shut down date 10.28.84
A mouse does not rely on just one hole
Primary nexus of cereberus related activity

Nothing makes any sense. Anyone believe these people are actually already dead or in limbo before crossing over? Does Libby remember Hurley from the psych hospital? Libby can''t be dead. She and Hurley haven''t gone on their ''picnic'' yet.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2006 3:00:38 PM
Author: DiamondLil

I don't have any idea where they found it, but I'll ask them and post the site so you can get a clearer look and/or print it.

There are a lot of odd phrases --

Lift up your heart, lift up your heart, lift up your heart
Save yourself from hell
There are dragons here
Suspected shut down date 10.28.84
A mouse does not rely on just one hole
Primary nexus of cereberus related activity

Nothing makes any sense. Anyone believe these people are actually already dead or in limbo before crossing over? Does Libby remember Hurley from the psych hospital? Libby can't be dead. She and Hurley haven't gone on their 'picnic' yet.
Libby keeps giving Hurley the sideways stinkeye whenever he mentions that he knows her from somewhere, including this week when he said maybe if he gets drunk at the picnic he'll remember where he knows her from. She kinda shot a nervous look, so it really seems like she knows exactly where he knows her from but doesn't want to say.

There are more freaky things on that map:
The disease worsens with the treatment. The remedy is worse than the disease.
It's a bad plan that can't be changed.
Multiple escape conduits locked after incident.
Don't consider that anything has been done if anything is left to be done.
Sightings coincide with emergency shutdown of intranet services or heightened security.
The wrath of the gods may be great, but it certainly is slow.

Also, the numbers are on the map as well as math equasions that would yield the numbers - ie the square root of 16, the square root of 64...etc. The castaways also appear to be at the swan hatch.

I don't think the survivors are dead or in limbo. But I have no explanation for the weird stuff on the island. Do you remember one episode in the first season when they saw a big cord going into the ocean? And they think it's for a power generator? That always made me think that they're really an experiment and maybe they're not on an island in the middle of nowhere. I thought the episode about Rose's illness was very interesting - how she seems to be in 'remission' here. It's like the island has great healing powers, and great destructive powers at the same time.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a really good version of the map (with Latin translated too) in case anyone''s interested! SO CREEPY!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
One more thing - neither Kate nor Jack confronted Michael about his story, because there were holes in it....and they just left him with AnaLucia in the hatch? He said the others were dirty, ragged, etc, but we know those were just costumes....

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
The island does have strange powers: Rose is cured (seemingly) and Jin''s wife is pregnant (I think she was inseminated when she was taken).

Yes, FG, they never went far with the power cord leading into the ocean. If they are an experiment, that was an awfully brutal way to get them there with the plane crash.

I wonder if the writers even know what the story is going to be, or is it being made up as we go along?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Was Jin''s wife actually taken by the others? I thought she was actually kidnapped by Charlie and Sawyer to make it SEEM like the others were attacking them...I know that Charlie did kidnap her, but was she taken by the others another time?

I had a debate going on with DH as to whether Jin''s wife was impregnated by the guy she was learning English from (though it didn''t seem as though they actually physically ended up having an affair?) or whether it''s another one of the island''s mysteries...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
And how do the others know so much about them - ie making a list of the good ones and the bad ones... and coming to kidnap the good ones? The look on Locke''s face made me wonder if he wants to go to the others with Henry Gale...though did Michael kill Henry Gale??? Seems like he''d have to in order to make up a story about what happened....not that they would believe Henry Gale even if he was telling the truth at this point.

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/5/2006 5:03:32 PM
Was Jin''s wife actually taken by the others? I thought she was actually kidnapped by Charlie and Sawyer to make it SEEM like the others were attacking them...I know that Charlie did kidnap her, but was she taken by the others another time?

I had a debate going on with DH as to whether Jin''s wife was impregnated by the guy she was learning English from (though it didn''t seem as though they actually physically ended up having an affair?) or whether it''s another one of the island''s mysteries...
My sister and I were saying that Sun (Jin''s wife) was probably having an affair with her English teacher and that''s how she got pregnant, but who knows... Maybe Jin''s infertility was magically cured by the island as well (i.e., Rose''s cancer, Locke''s legs, Libby''s psychosis)...?

Sometimes I also wonder whether the writers actually have a story outline that they''re following or if they''re just making things up as they go along....

Hehe, I never thought to look for the map online...I''ll definitely have to show DH later when he gets back from work...

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2006 5:03:32 PM

Now I''m not sure if Sun was taken by others or by Charlie. I''m blank. Of course, I do have a tendancy to watch TV through my eyelids on occasion.
2.gif
(getting up at 5:00 a.m. catched up with me sometimes)

I don''t believe she had an affair with her English teacher. She told Jin he was the only man she had been with, and she''s so sweet (so far) that I believe her. I think it''s an island mystery.

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
I think so too --- she and Jin "reconnected" when he came back and that would have been just long enough ago for her to be having early symptoms. Of course, it could be her English teacher and Jin may *believe* the island has healing powers. (shrug)

Thing is, I LOVE Lost, but I think the writers are going to get themselves in too deep where there''s no reasonable resolution. They will drag it out until it loses viewers, gets canceled and has to be wrapped up quickly and recklessly. (X-files anyone?) IMHO

Still, I am stuck like glue to it and will follow it until it dies. I am baffled that Ana Lucia was killed off after all that background on her. I don''t like that every character keeps getting darker. Interesting about the clues on Sawyer''s books though -- "bad twin" this week. hmmm.

jen

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m pretty sure Sun was only taken by Charlie. I do think it''s the island''s ''powers'' that got her pregnant with Jin''s baby.

I just rewatched it with DH ... the ''Say Anything'' reference was so funny - maybe it''s a generational thing but how could anyone ever forget John Cusack with the big boom box playing ''In Your Eyes''?!!!!?

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhh ... still one of the most memorable (and most-copied) moments in movies. Sorry about the alliteration (now I sound like my kid).

jen
40.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results