shape
carat
color
clarity

Lost a stone in my eternity ring!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snlee

Ideal_Rock

Today after using my SI ultrasonic cleaner, I looked at my eternity ring and noticed a diamond was missing!!

39.gif
I started to freak out! Thank goodness I found the diamond in the US cleaner.

I know lots of PS members are losing stones from pave settings but what about eternity rings? I don''t think it''s that common is it?! How unlucky I am!
8.gif
I was worried this might happen and it did. I don''t want to worry all the time! I guess the good thing is that the US cleaner saved me from losing the diamond while out wearing it. Then the stone would be lost for good.

Now I just need to get it fixed and hopefully it doesn''t happen again!

How should I go about fixing it? Is it easily fixable? Should I just bring it in the my jewelers? If I have the stone, how much would it cost to repair?

Thanks!

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Don't worry it shouldn't cost much. Do you have a local jeweler? Personally, I don't use an ultrasonic cleaner.
1.gif

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Yikes, that''s scary! I''m glad you found the stone. I put my shared prong eternity ring in the ultrasonic too, and have not had a problem so far. I''ve wondered, though, if I would.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I figure I''d much rather lose the stone in the SI than out in the street and wait a week before noticing it''s gone!!

I guess your local jeweler could fix it? Also, you should get your prongs checked on all rings every 6 months!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
have whomever made it fix it.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/21/2005 1:35:54 PM
Author: Mara
I figure I''d much rather lose the stone in the SI than out in the street and wait a week before noticing it''s gone!!

I guess your local jeweler could fix it? Also, you should get your prongs checked on all rings every 6 months!
Yes, I get my prongs checked out every 6 months. I''ve only had this ring for 2 months!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
snlee- sorry about your missing stone. I lost a melee from my e-ring in my US as well. I know what a frusterating feeling it is. I took both my ring and the stone (which IS SO SMALL) to my jeweler (where we bought the band) and they fixed it for free. He even said they would have given me a free melee if I had lost it on the street but obviously I wnted to have the oringinal if possible. It took a few days but it is as good as new (and hasn''t seen my US since!)

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/21/2005 1:49:17 PM
Author: ame
have whomever made it fix it.
I don''t want to deal with shipping.

Also, as some of you may recall, I bought the eternity band from Pearlmans off the previously owned section. The ring was originally purchased from WF.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That stinks, but at least it was in the UC as Mara said and not lost elsewhere. I haven''t heard of anyone losing a stone out of their eternity band. I don''t think it would cost very much to have it put back in. Do you have a local jeweler??

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
So glad you noticed it. Now, you''ve me worried, I just got an UC.

BTW - hubby bought it, Branson 200, is it anygood? I had just mentioned it months ago and he ordered one for me.

Dee Jay

Shiny_Rock
Four or five years ago when I was looking for an eternity band I had several jewelers flat out refuse to make one because the stones do have a tendency to fall out if you really *wear* your jewelry. As a matter of fact, when I finally did have my ring made the jeweler handed it to me and said, when you lose a stone come on back and I''ll fix it. A year later I looked down and Voila! missing stone. I spent a week looking for it (finding a 35 point stone that could have fallen out ANYWHERE is an almost fruitless use of one''s time... ) and finally went back to the jeweler. Two days later I picked up my again-perfect ring. Can''t even tell which stone it was. So don''t worry, a good jeweler will replace the stone and fix any damage so you''ll never even know it was gone.

Also, very glad for the info on the ultrasonic cleaners. The only reason I''m not getting one for X-mas is that I forgot to put it on my list, but now I''m rethinking...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh snlee, that''s just awful, but the good news is you have the stone and a local jeweler can fix it very easily and I don''t think it is very expensive at all. Please let us know what you find out if you after you take it in...

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/21/2005 12:49:47 PM
Author:snlee

Today after using my SI ultrasonic cleaner, I looked at my eternity ring and noticed a diamond was missing!!

39.gif

I know lots of PS members are losing stones from pave settings but what about eternity rings? I don''t think it''s that common is it?! How unlucky I am!
8.gif
I was worried this might happen and it did. I don''t want to worry all the time! I guess the good thing is that the US cleaner saved me from losing the diamond while out wearing it. Then the stone would be lost for good.

How should I go about fixing it? Is it easily fixable? Should I just bring it in the my jewelers? If I have the stone, how much would it cost to repair?

Thanks!

So sorry to hear it! Just wondering how your eternity band is set - channel? shared prong? I''m hoping for an eternity band so just wondering for my reference.
I have a non-eternity channel set band which has stones coming loose fairly regularly - makes me not enjoy wearing it as much.
Oh, and I once spent an hour on my hands and knees looking for a tiny stone in the library. It was right before a final exam in college. I found the stone and did fine on the exam - lucky on both counts :)

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/21/2005 3:02:39 PM
Author: gailrmv

Date: 12/21/2005 12:49:47 PM
Author:snlee

39.gif

8.gif

Thanks!

So sorry to hear it! Just wondering how your eternity band is set - channel? shared prong? I''m hoping for an eternity band so just wondering for my reference.
I have a non-eternity channel set band which has stones coming loose fairly regularly - makes me not enjoy wearing it as much.
Oh, and I once spent an hour on my hands and knees looking for a tiny stone in the library. It was right before a final exam in college. I found the stone and did fine on the exam - lucky on both counts :)
gailrmv, it''s a shared prong eternity ring. wow, you were lucky!!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/21/2005 3:07:53 PM
Author: snlee

Date: 12/21/2005 3:02:39 PM
Author: gailrmv

gailrmv, it''s a shared prong eternity ring. wow, you were lucky!!
Well, mostly lucky. After getting the stone safely to my jeweler, THEY lost it! They replaced it free of charge but it never looked right. (It was a tad bigger than the other stones, and I wasn''t the savvy consumer then that i am now to make them fix it right). This was in an inexpensive ring, but still...

snlee

Ideal_Rock
My eternity ring is back to new! I got it fixed last Friday and got a pendant too! You can check you the new thread here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-pendant.37821/

Also, I learned that using an US cleaner shouldn''t be a problem for eternity rings. IF a diamond is lose it''s best to put it in an US cleaner where it would fall out....then you can avoid losing the diamond somewhere else!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results