shape
carat
color
clarity

Loose stone eye-candy!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
you guys are making me want to start a collection. beautiful!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2007 7:53:35 AM
Author: Chrono
Awesome stones, Kismet. I can''t believe you are calling a 1ct gemstone small...
I was at a gem dealer''s last week. He showed me some small stones. I put my foot in my mouth and said "I like ''em big." To which he responded, "I''m sure you do."

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harriet - LOL and D''oh!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Embarrassing. I''ll make sure to not ask him anything about cleavage.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
First off I would like to thank every one for the kind words.

Today is over cast and getting ready to storm so I took a few pictures before the rain starts.

The first pic is of a red spinel. It is 2.26 cts and 8x6 ish mm

IMG_4022_1_1.JPG

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Next is a mandrin garnet of 3.96 cts and it is 10x8 mm.

IMG_4026_1_1.JPG

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know why that stone always shows so much yellow in pics. In real life it is a glowing fanta orange. Oh well.

Last one is a red spinel of 4.44 cts. It is 11x9 mm

Skippy most of the sapphires were bought from JTV ( called ACNTV back then) several years ago. I know thier reputation is pretty sad these days but back then they were selling very nice quality stones in thier online auctions at the best prices around.

IMG_4019_1_1.JPG

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
As for the blue spinel. I think a pendant or a mans ring is the future for it because of its size.

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Here is my purple spinel...

DSCF0296.JPG

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
More purple spinel... :)

DSCF0295.JPG

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Purple spinel sitting on hand...

DSCF0294.JPG

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Here are my two little white sapphires. Try as I may, I cannot get a photo that really shows how cool these guys are...

DSCF0304.JPG

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
And my little sky blue topaz. I actually have two...

DSCF0300.JPG

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW thank you all for sharing I LOVE your collections. Like Skippy you are making me want to start my own collection.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Here is anothe spessartite garnet. While my stones have no lab reports I bought this as mandarin garnet from Namibia. This color is getting kind of hard to find now.

This pear shape stone is about 9x7mm and weighs just shy of two cts.

IMG_4052_1_1.JPG

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/4/2007 8:52:33 PM
Author: colormyworld
Here is anothe spessartite garnet. While my stones have no lab reports I bought this as mandarin garnet from Namibia. This color is getting kind of hard to find now.

This pear shape stone is about 9x7mm and weighs just shy of two cts.
WOW love the color and cut in that one! Your collection is just STUNNING! THANK YOU for sharing it with us.

Do you plan on leaving most of your stones loose? Do you enjoy buying them and looking at them w/o putting them in settings? How do you store them to keep them from getting scratched etc?

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks stone hunter, For the most part they will stay loose as my buying habit keeps me from doing to much. LOL

I keep my collection in a couple of gem condos. A box designed to hold 50 gem stone storage cups.

Doug

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I could see the attraction of spending all of my money on lose gemstones and never getting around to setting them.

But then they don''t get to leave the house.
7.gif
I''m sure mine will want to enjoy the sunlight with me. LOL

I''m hoping Stuller has some settings I''ll be willing to set my lovely stone in. Cheaply but not too cheaply.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
I do enjoy collecting but some do get set. I don't think I posted a pic of this here before. This is a tsavorite pendant I had made for my wife a few years ago. There are more recent pics of ones that I have posted pictures of though.

IMG_3226_1_1.JPG

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Stone hunter if you do a search with three turtles as your key words on this forum you can see a part of my sapphire phase.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/9/2007 9:26:20 PM
Stone hunter if you do a search with three turtles as your key words on this forum you can see a part of my sapphire phase.
Those are really very very nice too! You have good taste. The colors are all so vivid.
9.gif

And I''m glad that they get to leave the house.

Chrysoz

Rough_Rock
Awesome stones everybody''s got! Really nice collections and, as Stone Hunter said "good taste", all of you have got
30.gif

And... I would love to own your cameras! I will take part with a couple of photos, but they are like fog prepared to yours because i only have the camera on my cellphone (which is quite good to be a cellphone but still...)

Here is my private collection (I am sorry I won''t bring you many close-ups due to my "camera")

My private collection.JPG

Chrysoz

Rough_Rock
I succeded to make some nice pics (at least they are very nice to be with my camera on 2 megapixels)
Here is an UNTREATED heliodor on 12,44cts and a very vivid color to be untreated. Origin is Brazil and I would say the clarity is VS1-VS2

heliodore.JPG

Chrysoz

Rough_Rock
As you may notice, I am obcessed with fancy, octagon and square cuts, of some reason I really hate oval cuts unless they are extremely well done. (maybe there is just too many of them
2.gif
)

here is a peridote, not the best or the most expensive you could get, but there is very nice fingerprint-inclusions in it which is lovely to watch in a microscope, and i really lika the cut and color.
13,32ct, from Afghanistan and SI1-2 clarity, and as far as I know untreated. (they use to be untreated, don''t they?)

peridote.JPG

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful collection you have!!!!! You live in Sweden?????? I imagine it is quite beautiful there
35.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrysoz you have a nice collection! Enjoy!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CMW -- Where did you order those tweezers from? I'd love a pair of "gem safe" tweezers. Does the metal scrapping up against the stone not injure the stone? Something about how the stay together I'd guess.

Can I pick them up in the Bead/Jewelry section of a craft store?

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Chrysoz, that is some collection!

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Nice spinel Jooilskie. Love that purple color.

It looks like you do have 10% of the gems in Sweden. lol That looks like quite a collection you have. Please feel free to share more close ups Chrysoz.

Stone Hunter A friend had an extra pair of locking tweezers so he gave me a pair. They are just an inexpensive pair.

The steel in tweezers is softer than most gems so unless you are handling a very soft stone it is not a problem. Care should be taken though.

If you would like to order a pair of tweezers you can get them at Kassoy.

http://www.kassoy.com/tweezers01.html

Doug

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/15/2007 5:35:19 PM
Nice spinel Jooilskie. Love that purple color.

It looks like you do have 10% of the gems in Sweden. lol That looks like quite a collection you have. Please feel free to share more close ups Chrysoz.

Stone Hunter A friend had an extra pair of locking tweezers so he gave me a pair. They are just an inexpensive pair.

The steel in tweezers is softer than most gems so unless you are handling a very soft stone it is not a problem. Care should be taken though.

If you would like to order a pair of tweezers you can get them at Kassoy.

http://www.kassoy.com/tweezers01.html

Doug
THANK YOU!!!

I''m new at this colored stone stuff and was worried about doing anything that would hurt my stone. My first is a garnet, not too soft. So steel is softer. Good to know.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results