shape
carat
color
clarity

Loose Diamond Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aryat

Rough_Rock
I am looking for a loose diamond with a budget of around $1800. I have been doing my internet research as I usually do before buying anything, but I am having a hard time choose an online vendor and diamond. These are the qualities I am looking for:

Cut - Ideal
Color - D-H
Clarity - Anything VS1 or better
Shape - Princess

I would love to get a 3/4 ct diamond but I am also looking for something of very good quality and understand that 3/4ct is probably out of my $$ range. I''m open to your suggestions, hopefully I can get a better understanding of what to look for in an online diamond vendor.

I would also want an online vendor that offers some sort of insurance program against theft and damage.

Thank you in advance,
Arya

PS - Has anyone seen an engagement ring setting online that has set baguet stones in the band?

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock

aryat

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/28/2007 7:13:32 PM
Author: Regular Guy
How about .6 carats?
That seems like a good diamond, but when I try to check it out in the Cut Advisor it gives me "Total Depth % is too deep".

How is Whiteflash as far as reliability, warranty etc?

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Aryat, the cut advisor is for rounds only.

The author of the cut advisor wrote this, and for princesses...frequently AGS is recommended as the primary outfit to rank ideal with respect to performance.

Search on WF. Some feel that if you stay here long enough, you have no other option. Are they Borgish? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

(edited to add)...BTW, the above option is $1765, based on wire pricing, and telling them Regular Guy...no...make that Pricescope, sent you.

aryat

Rough_Rock
I noticed that the Whiteflash warranty becomes void if the diamond is set by a different jeweler. In my case I will most likely be buying the setting at a store nearby. Are there any online vendors that have a better warranty?

Also, do you have any opinion/experience about mysolitare.com?

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Do you know what you''re looking for from a warranty?

If it''s protection for the diamond, any vendor would be out of their mind to extend this to you, when having it set elsewhere.

Alternately, consider getting JM insurance, and having it in place before it''s set. Do a search for how this is done, or read the update below my signature. It''s not a walk in the park, but an option.

aryat

Rough_Rock
I am definitely looking for a way to insure the diamond (from damage / theft) that I buy online before it is set. I wasnt sure if that is possible. I know that the actual ring that it would be set in is going to be covered by the local vendor I am buying from.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2007 7:36:09 PM
Author: aryat
I noticed that the Whiteflash warranty becomes void if the diamond is set by a different jeweler. In my case I will most likely be buying the setting at a store nearby. Are there any online vendors that have a better warranty?

Also, do you have any opinion/experience about mysolitare.com?
I believe this applies to having work done on a setting purchased from WF. Loose diamonds can be bought from WF and set anywhere you desire.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2007 8:05:40 PM
Author: aryat
I am definitely looking for a way to insure the diamond (from damage / theft) that I buy online before it is set. I wasnt sure if that is possible. I know that the actual ring that it would be set in is going to be covered by the local vendor I am buying from.

Yes, Jewelers Mutual will do this. And to answer your other question, there are no online vendors who will "insure" your stone while it''s being set elsewhere. They will only take the responsibility if THEY are setting it, which makes perfect sense when you think about it.

WF is about as reputable as you get and ACA princesses are absolutely fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results