shape
carat
color
clarity

Looks what is coming to me!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3.gif
That is such a cool stone!

-A

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/29/2009 4:24:59 PM
Author: colormyworld
No the pendant is not finished yet. As a matter of fact I don''t think it has even been started yet.

As for the email. I must have had an oops moment, because I don''t remember seeing it.
I recall it being quite a while since you passed them your stone. He sure is taking his time.
9.gif

OK. I''ll try again.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/29/2009 5:54:00 PM
Author: colormyworld
The cut is pretty. You get a sort of elevator effect with the flashes of light as the stone is rocked back and forth. I think a north south setting would work very well with this cut.

Yeah, I think thats the consensus, and Julia thinks so too. I love the idea! Good luck with yours.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
wasn''t it Julia who did a slide pendant that was able to be either N/S or E/W, depending on the way you thread the chain?

maybe I''m crazy, but I''m sure I saw one at one point... hmm. just something else to think about. It might be fun to be able to do it different ways depending on how she feels that day
1.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2009 10:41:14 PM
Author: kas baby
wasn''t it Julia who did a slide pendant that was able to be either N/S or E/W, depending on the way you thread the chain?

maybe I''m crazy, but I''m sure I saw one at one point... hmm. just something else to think about. It might be fun to be able to do it different ways depending on how she feels that day
1.gif

I don''t know who designed it but if it''s the one I''m thinking of, it''s one of my favorite pendants on here! I can''t even off the top of my head think of who it belongs to but oh mercy it''s gorgeous! It would be fun to have a pendant you could change like that, I think!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
ok, so I did a little digging and.... https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-love-it-but-how-will-i-set-it-lol.115319/

it''s down the page a bit (I couldn''t find the where it was originally posted). It''s not Julia Kay Taylor, or a bezel, but hey, it''s the thought that counts right? Now Novel has one more option to think about
9.gif

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
This is absolutely magnificent!! What a wonderful big sister you are!!!

I love making jewelry gifts for family and friends. You are such sweetheart and your sister is a very lucky girl.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All,

I''m late for this thread, but oh what lovely stones both of you!!! However you set them they will be wonderful. Thanks for the compliments on the pendant design, all Julia''s magic. I described myself as a person and she came up with this
13.gif
Now I''m trying to forget all about it so I won''t die of impatience at the waiting time.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Novel you are a lovely sister, what a wonderful idea!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Really nice and eye-catching stones!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Aw, thanks everybody
1.gif
Its fun to make something for other people, isn''t it? I hope my sister likes it! And MariedTiger, sorry for exciting your impatience, but I can totally understand why you''re impatient!

Kas, thanks for the idea! Its always good to have more inspiration!

I talked to Julia and she is thinking plain thicker bezel (for more oomph). She doesn''t have drawings yet, but described it as hanging on a tube bail (I''m terrible, what does that mean?) and a woven silver chain. Does that mean something like the below? I really want it to be something she can wear easily a lot, as she is the type to layer and never take things off.

I''m glad you guys are excited, too! Its fun to have others in it with me.

31PNXS4M1GL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a tube bail.

I was thinking maybe instead of a silver chain, just hang it on a nice leather cord? It'd be easier on the wallet, and also easy to layer for everyday wear. And it's kind of young and spunky, in keeping with the tone of the pendant (and your sister), and it's low maintenance in terms of polishing etc. Just a thought, I'm a little rock n roll myself.

tube.jpg

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, thanks for that. I didn''t at all know what that was.

A leather cord seems like it could be a good idea, especially for someone like my sister. I think once I have the stone in hand and see some drawings, I''m going to have to talk to my other sister about it. Its hard buying for the more fashion forward one!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I''m glad that you found a stone that suits your sister''s personality better! It looks just lovely.

You are such a thoughtful sister!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results