shape
carat
color
clarity

Looks ideal princess...would you guys go for it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Johnny Mo

Rough_Rock
This could be the one
1.gif

Report: GIA
Shape: Princess
Carat: 1.72
Color: G
Clarity: VS1
Depth: 69.6
Table: 68
Girdle: STK
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Culet: None
Fluorescence: No
Measurements: 6.59-6.61X4.60
Length/Width: 1.00

Price: $10,970.00

What do you guys think about it? Looks pretty good to me.
wink2.gif

Sarin numbers are below...

JM

DI_GIA13041637MauriceJ.jpg

Johnny Mo

Rough_Rock
Sarin Report:

SARIN_GIA13041637MAURICEJ.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock

Johnny Mo

Rough_Rock
Yes, cheaper, but that stone is nowhere near as ideal a cut.
7% crown angle and a 75% table are not good places to start IMHO.
YMMV.
JM

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your stone is great ! I would simply look no further... cut is tops by the numbers, color and clarity a great combination - so nothing is left out. Worse cut for a most likely "invisible" better color grade would not be my choice...

The only kind of judgement that could emphasize any drawback would be a test on light return (Ideal Scope or Brillinace Scope, I guess). I would not expect this stone to be anything lower than good on either. actually, I would not be at all surprised if it turned out a stunner in the optics' department too
2.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 3/3/2004 10:59:26 AM Johnny Mo wrote:

Yes, cheaper, but that stone is nowhere near as ideal a cut.
7% crown angle and a 75% table are not good places to start IMHO.
YMMV.
JM----------------

I didn't mean to infer the other diamond is better. Just giving you a comparison with all the info available. The Ideal Scope is rather good on the WF Stone.

Cut Charts are only guidelines when it comes to Princess diamonds. You really need to see Prins in person and let your eye be the judge. Your stone has nice numbers, that's why I asked if you had seen it in person.
1.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You are right on so far JM. You're headed in the right direction and the other stone's proportions don't measure up to this one. The IS image on the one you're pursuing may indeed be much better. I would suggest you consider sending this for further inspection perhaps to RockDoc for a B'scope analysis. I took note that a Sarin with a 3d file was generated for you on this stone. If you can get the actual .srn Sarin file I can import it into another program and give you a simulated LightScope/FireScope image of the stone for a better assessment and idea of what you're getting and whether it is worth pursuing or not. If you got it send it to my email as an attachment.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I don't know too much about princess stones, but it looks very pretty!!

I would love to see a BrillanceScope and IdealScope image on that one. RockDoc will do that for you...or you can send to another appraiser who only has IS and not Bscope. RD tends to be really busy, so make sure that he can fit your stone in on your timeline if you have a tight schedule.

Also I don't know if you have already, but check out GOG and SuperbCert's princess stones, some of them have amazingly great IdealScope images, yummy!
1.gif

However, I think this one looks great. Nice price, great size, etc. Also type the specs into the cut grading charts at www.gemappraisers.com. If the stone falls in 1A, 1B, 2A or maybe even 2B it should help set your mind at ease.

Good luck!!

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
Yummy Yummy Yummy!
3.gif

That is a looker if I ever saw one. Where in the hell did you find it? And does it have any siblings - cause I want one just like it!
love.gif

Let us know if you buy it and show us the final product
PUH-LEASE!
9.gif

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
I plugged all the numbers into gemappraisers and that baby is a 1A all around except for the crown height - which comes up as a 1B. Now how is that with a 10.5% crown height?
About as perfect as you can get.
love.gif

Now I want to see the lightscope analysis!

Johnny Mo

Rough_Rock
Here's the idealscope image for everybody to check out.
Lots of deep reds and black, limited light loss near the tips so common with the princess shape; center light loss region disappears when the stone is tilted just a bit. Anyone more experienced in princess cuts please don't hesitate to comment.

Level:

IS_13041637JM-LEVEL.jpg

Johnny Mo

Rough_Rock
Tilted:

IS_13041637JM-TILTED.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very beautiful for a princess cut. I love it!
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a no-excuse princess cut
2.gif

No need to tilt the thing! Blacks are a rare blessing in fancy cuts under Iscope
1.gif
Even stones with lots of "white" and some intense red and, esp. black areas would go on to daze both the eye and Brilliance Scope.

One may want to hunt down every speck of "white" out of a RBC's scope picture, not sure if fancies are supposed to produce an "all red" picture. An "all red" picture with no black and areas (rather than spots) of pink would probably indicate a worse stone than your dazzler.

This observation is based on a few dozen examples, for what this is worth. No idea what flaw one could find in this stone, no matter how you turn it...

Just my opinion, of course..

limey

Shiny_Rock
JM

That is a great Princess Cut. Once you close the deal let us know where you got it and who you worked with. I am looking for a square cut to upgrade the wife's rings for our 10th anniversary. Leaning towards the HOF Dream or similar but this is an amazing find.

Congrats!

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results