shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for your input on 2 diamonds I am looking at. In my heart of hearts I want a higher color diamond, Ideal cut X 3, soft light yellow candlelit.

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
I have in my possession 2 diamonds from Brian Gavin
1. N colored 2.52 VVS2 AGS CERT
1. M colored 2.35 VS1 AGS CERT
I keep waffling between the two then I saw todays post showing the August Vintage O/P diamond, well o boy. Went to his site, but nothing available in the color range or size range I am considering/ hoping to do. I can add dimensions and details. Suggestions please. I know I don't want brown tones or grey. 2688_IMG_2288.jpg 2688_IMG_2288.jpg 2688_IMG_2288.jpg 3071_IMG_2289.jpg

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
The pictures of the diamond in the ring holder is the N 2.52, tell me me what you think of the color?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you contact Jon/Rhino at August Vintage, he may be able to tell you if he has any O/P stones coming through the pipeline in the near future :)

Or he may be able to find you one - I'm not sure if he would charge a concierge fee for this service, or whether a stone he sourced would be returnable, so you would need to ask about all those sort of things :)

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh Shiney thank you I will reach out to him today. I would still like to get color tone feed back on the two diamonds I am looking at, any input is appreciated.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am no expert ;-) but I think it looks quite creamy white, which I think is what most people aim for when shopping for lower colour stones?

We must consider that the lighting in the picture, your camera settings, viewers' screen settings and viewers' eyes' awareness of colour will all conspire to present a different colour to each individual person :) so, ultimately, it may well be up to you because you have it in hand and are the best person to judge if you like it! :)

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
When you hold them next to each other, does one not appeal more than the other? Are they very close in color? I like an N for the color, the creamy white in some lighting, warmer in others.
It is a good idea to reach out to AV (if you aren't in love with one of the stones in hand). He recently searched for and found a pinky brown for lovedogs, I imagine an N would be even easier for him to source. I have read rave reviews here on his ideal cut hearts and arrows (not my thing so I can't comment).

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
I am no expert ;-) but I think it looks quite creamy white, which I think is what most people aim for when shopping for lower colour stones?

We must consider that the lighting in the picture, your camera settings, viewers' screen settings and viewers' eyes' awareness of colour will all conspire to present a different colour to each individual person :) so, ultimately, it may well be up to you because you have it in hand and are the best person to judge if you like it! :)
The team at BG took the photos and there was a video, which I haven't been able to upload. It's helpful to have input from others who don't have a vested interest in my purchasing a diamond. When I initially saw the pictures they sent to me, I saw blobs of yellow with a brown cast, not even color saturation. The first time I had them in my possession, it was overcast and inside my car, I frankly wasn't sure if I was going in the right direction. My glasses have transition lenses and they do alter perceived color. So I now know to take my glasses off before looking at anything. Thank you for your input, I have a week to decide to go with it or return them.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it! It is a beautiful creamy white/light yellow. I personally dont see brown in the pictures. Maybe a little bit in the side view.

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
When you hold them next to each other, does one not appeal more than the other? Are they very close in color? I like an N for the color, the creamy white in some lighting, warmer in others.
It is a good idea to reach out to AV (if you aren't in love with one of the stones in hand). He recently searched for and found a pinky brown for lovedogs, I imagine an N would be even easier for him to source. I have read rave reviews here on his ideal cut hearts and arrows (not my thing so I can't comment).
Christy- Danielle I keep trying to do this, the M strikes me as a whiter stone. Both have triple Ideal ratings, sparkle brightly. I went into this looking for that sunlit champagne look. What added to my hesitation was watching a teaching video on high color comparison by GOG. Seeing the 3 diamonds champagne, brown and grey- it was so clear-cut on the screen. Thanks for touching base, really appreciate it.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
An M will be whiter. I have an N, a soft creamy white in some light, more light yellow in others. I love it. But not sure if I'd ever describe it as "champagne". To me, a champagne color would have a slight brown/beigy yellow.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results