shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for your feedback on ring I just purchased...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AlonzoMoselyFBI

Rough_Rock
Wishing I'd found this site sooner. Anyway, I just purchased a ring and wanted some feedback. I've viewed it in the store as well as outside, so it's not just their lighting that made it look good. I also fed its Sarin numbers into the cut adviser on this site, and it comes out in the red band with light return at 'excellent', and fire, scintillation, and spread at 'very good' and an overall score of 1.9.

Here are its particulars:

Round cut
Depth: 62.1%
Table: 54.6 %
Crown angle: 34.9
Pavillion Angle: 40.9
Culet: 0.6%
Girdle: 1.3%
1.548 carats
Had pretty good hearts and arrows in the ideal scope (incidentally this was the only store that offered me the use of one).
G color
SI 1
It was set in a Tiffany-style six prong platinum setting.

Placed next to D and E color stones, the difference was undetectable (I have seen instances where you could tell a difference without a doubt, so I belive this to be a good cut).

Anyway, I may have paid a little more than online, but I was able to actually see the stone before I bought, and it was far and away the best looking stone I saw for the money.

Just looking for some thoughts or feedback on the specs of the stone or anything else. I've had to educate myself in a hurry on this topic, and I feel I did a good job but I guess I'm looking for some confirmation that I've succeeded or gotten screwed.

Thanks!

Derek

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
A score of 1.9 is very rare and good. Yes, a lot of the stones we talk about here have similar scores or lower, but that is just because we talk about ideal cut stones all the time. :) You did a very good job of picking a cherry out of the bunch.

Yes, you probably could''ve saved some $ online, but so what? Most of us turn to the internet because we can''t find jewelers like the one it sounds like you worked with. You got to use a H&A viewer and had all the cut info, so I trust he or she was very informative. Now you have a relationship with a local jeweler in case you need your ring cleaned, replaced, or upgraded or if you want to make future purchases. Sounds like a good deal to me! Congratulations!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey derek,
i''m always a little scared when i see a title like ''looking for feedback on a ring i already purchased''. it''s usually not good news.
15.gif

however, i am glad to say that yours actually sounds pretty darn nice!
36.gif

so, my feedback is....you did good!!
36.gif

AlonzoMoselyFBI

Rough_Rock
Yeah, I was scared to post a thread with that subject line, but like I said, I didn''t find this website and its attendant forums until after the fact. Believe me, I wish I had. I should add that this stone was touted (and has a card to that effect) as a Tolkowsky cut diamond. It appears to fall into that range. Again, for what it''s worth. But I appreciate your feedback and opinions. Please keep it coming (even if it''s negative...I want to know!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results