shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for the perfect Chrysoberyl Cushion cut for my engagement ring.

Which of the three you like the most?

• A 2.05 CTS

• B 2.5 CTS

• C 3.5 CTS

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yaaaas.

Though im biased as I had a very similar stone made.

I think as long as the proportions are right you’ll be fine in terms of finger. I would NOT have the half moons reach to each corner of the chrysoberyl like the one showed above. I would make them small and accent stones.

Here’s one I made very similar.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/chryso-and-diamond-cushion-half-moon-ring-dk.214106/

In my opinion I should have made the whole ting white metal. Not yellow gold. The little bit of green shows more than had it been white.

Omg you know what is funny? Your ring was an inspiration to get my own chryso. I saw and just fell in love with it and wanted something like for my engagement ring.!!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I decided to go for the 3.7 CT. Thanks everybody for the advice and thanks a lot NKOTB for recommending me Minou. Now time to look for the setting.
The chrysoberyl you chose is so gorgeous! Pricescope introduced me to chrysoberyl. The members are so knowledgeable about this gem. Congratulations on your engagement and please come back to show us the final ring.

IslandBB

Shiny_Rock
I have been eyeing that chrysoberyl for weeks and opened this thread fully expecting it to get mentioned! I already bought and set a yellow sapphire that I love, but was so tempted by that gorgeous chrysoberyl! Thanks for taking that temptation away! ; )

Congratulations! Please do share photos of your ring! It'll be gorgeous!!!

I have been eyeing that chrysoberyl for weeks and opened this thread fully expecting it to get mentioned! I already bought and set a yellow sapphire that I love, but was so tempted by that gorgeous chrysoberyl! Thanks for taking that temptation away! ; )

Congratulations! Please do share photos of your ring! It'll be gorgeous!!!
Thanks you. I myself can't wait to see the final result of the ring but will have to wait for the boyfriend to ask me. That is the final surprise.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great choice! Now you have all of us sharing your wait in anticipation :)

Bad news everybody. I won't be able to get the stone because I need to get the tickets for the world cup before they sold out since my team Peru is going after 35 years.!!!!! I am sad but sometimes sacrifices need to be made. However, I will be getting another stone in January so do not give up on me since I will be asking for your opinions. I already decided in the setting and I want a cushion chrysoberyl with a precision cut.

Screenshot_2017-11-16-23-22-26-1-1.png
Screenshot_2017-11-16-23-22-31-1.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-11-16-23-22-26-1-1.png
    Screenshot_2017-11-16-23-22-26-1-1.png
    855.4 KB · Views: 9

corundum_conundrum

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The loupetroop stone looks lovely. I would ask before you buy it if the seller would grant you a brief inspection period (perhaps three days), just in case there's something you don't like about it, and so you can view the stone in all different lighting. There's no harm in asking. I'm always a bit wary even of gems that grant no inspection period/return policy.

corundum_conundrum

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry you won't be considering the loupetroop stone--it's precision cut and lovely, though one must be prepared for its large size. Perhaps you could arrange some deal with the seller (offer to put a non refundable $100 deposit on it until january, at which time you can take 3 days for inspection). It's worth asking. Otherwise, start a new thread in January!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I understand! My Peruvian friend is soooo excited too. He was literally jumping up and down and screaming! :lol-2: hope you can get tix! I've only been to one world cup before, in Paris, and it was loads of fun!

I'm sorry you won't be considering the loupetroop stone--it's precision cut and lovely, though one must be prepared for its large size. Perhaps you could arrange some deal with the seller (offer to put a non refundable $100 deposit on it until january, at which time you can take 3 days for inspection). It's worth asking. Otherwise, start a new thread in January!
Oh no she has another buyer and I will not find it fair for her to wait for me until then. I believe I will find another stone just as lovely it might not be that big but there is always hope ;-)

I understand! My Peruvian friend is soooo excited too. He was literally jumping up and down and screaming! :lol-2: hope you can get tix! I've only been to one world cup before, in Paris, and it was loads of fun!

yeah i am literally counting the days for the second phase to come out so I can get then.

Diiiiis

Rough_Rock
I prefer the second stone because it has a more saturated green color. And you can always buy a yellow color sapphire, for a Chrysoberyl no need to be yellow.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enjoy the World Cup! Life is about memories and beautiful gemstones. Word to the wise- Chrysoberyls in good color,cut and size are relatively rare. There are plenty on the market but the one you choose should have great color be it a vivid highlighter color, an intense green/yellow that may shift to orange in certain lights or a bright yellow, orange, or even (enviably) bluish green. But IMHO it should never look washed out or dull.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my! I'm sure you'll find a lovely stone when the time is right.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results