shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for the perfect Chrysoberyl Cushion cut for my engagement ring.

Which of the three you like the most?

• A 2.05 CTS

• B 2.5 CTS

• C 3.5 CTS

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hello everybody my name is Mayra and I am new in pricescope. Thanks to you guys I came across this beautiful stone callwd Chrysoberyl after looking in a lot of websites. I came across these three beautiful stones in cushion cut. I would like to know what you think and what would be the most rare of all of there. I will be setting this gem into my engagement ring! I am excited and I can't wait to see some of your opinions.

The first one is this beautiful 2.060 CTS Chryosberyl Cushion. The seller states that it is a Vanadium Chrysoberyl. What is different to a regular Chrysoberyl?
Screenshot_2017-11-13-21-14-29-1.png

The second one is 2.5 CT cushion shape an is a Vanadium Colored once again I would love to know the difference between a regular, the Vanadium Chrysoberyl and the Vanidium Colored ?
Screenshot_2017-11-13-21-23-36-1.png

The third in and personally my favorite is this one yellow Chrysoberyl I JUST FALL in love with this one. It is 3.5 CTS and a cushion shape.
Screenshot_2017-11-13-21-26-01-1.png

I just would like to know what is your favorite, rarity between them( which one is more rare)?
All of them have none enhancement and are eye clean.

In addition is AfricanGems a trusty website?
What about Multicolor?

Thanks for your answers in advance.

chocolatepudding

Rough_Rock
Hi Mayra, welcome to pricescope and congratulations on your engagement! The stones you've put up are quite different from eachother so it really depends what you are drawn to. In terms of what makes a vanadium chrysoberyl different from a regular one I believe it's just the presence of vanadium that gives it a minty blue green colour rather than yellow green like a regular chrysoberyl. I have a vanadium chrysoberyl and it changes from mint to purple grey in different lighting conditions (I guess some people would call it an Alexandrite). If the yellow green of the third stone is what you've fallen for then maybe keep your search to non vanadium chrysoberyl. They're much more readily available as well.

Thanks a lot for your answers. I think I almost make my decision. One more question what is more rare the yellow one or the vanadium?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Altough vanadium chrysoberyl is rarer and typically more expensive than regular chrysoberyl, that does not appear to be a good specimen. It's a very washed out and pale. I've seen ones that are a nicer mint green.

All three have windows, and you might have better luck finding a better cut gem. I would keep looking.

Thanks a lot for your reply. I wasn't aware of the windows until you pointed it out.

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Did you look at the one on Loupe Troop? Beautiful gem and no window!!

Nosean

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Vanadium chrysoberyl have this nice bluish green to green color course of a very low iron content compared to the vanadium and chrome content. You could have the same V / Cr ratio in a stone but with higher iron the color is greenish yellow to yellow.

This one has a fair price for 2 ct but the color could be more intense and a bit more bluish. But would be my favorite.

My experience with Multicolorgems is very good.

I don't like the second one. The third is genuine chrysoberyl ( window?)

@chocolatepudding

Your stone has a higher chrome content - check LW UV - I am sure it will glow pinkred.
More an alexandrite than vanadium chrysoberyl.

Last edited:

Nosean

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Did you look at the one on Loupe Troop? Beautiful gem and no window!!

The 3,7 ct cushion? Gorgous!! But final sale...just kidding

Custom cut from a well known cutter - top color, shape and size...

Last edited:
You guys I am trying to convince my boyfriend to get the one from Loupe Troop. I just fall in love right here. But what do you think about the one from multicolor?

Nosean

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The stone is for an engagement ring - so you look the whole day on it.
A perfect cutting is a must have and Roger Dery is a famous cutter!

The other 3,7 ct is more expensive and I prefer color and cutting of the first and better priced stone.

The Vanadium has a good price and sell quickly course they are rare.
Fine for a collector and fine for you if you love the color. The cutting is not bad. The other two stones I wouldn't buy.

I decided to go for the 3.7 CT. Thanks everybody for the advice and thanks a lot NKOTB for recommending me Minou. Now time to look for the setting.

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-14_3-37-2.png
    upload_2017-11-14_3-37-2.png
    526.1 KB · Views: 22
  • upload_2017-11-14_3-37-12.png
    upload_2017-11-14_3-37-12.png
    526.1 KB · Views: 23

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_7599.JPG

Have fun designing your ring. Here's my cushion 3 ct chrysoberyl in a two tone mount. Your stone is cut better than mine, but I feel you get a lot of bang for your buck with these gems, and they're typically untreated as well. Please post pics when you get your stone and ring.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You were a smart cookie to choose the loupe troop one. What kind of style setting are you after? I think that stone is calling for a three stone myself. I prefer yellow chrysoberyl in white gold or platinum myself. I find yellow gold or rose gold brings out the chartreuse in them.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20160512_135159.jpg
Here's a chrysoberyl in yellow gold bezel with silver shank. This chryso has very little to no green in it so it goes well with yellow gold.

Nosean

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
TL setting would be perfect - the chryso will sparkle like crazy so a diamond halo and they KNOW you are engaged...

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so happy that your getting the one off Loupe Troop. That one is gorgeous and has been tempting me for quite some time. It's going to be a gorgeous engagement ring. I vote for a halo. Diamonds will really make that yellow pop!

Thanks everybody for your suggestions. I really appreciate the kindness of everybody. I am so glad I found this community and the amazing people in here. Before I start tearing I am thinking on setting in three stone setting. The Chrysoberyl in the center and two half moons in the side. What do you think? I am not big fan of halos since I am afraid the small stones will get loose. In a three stone setting I will just have to worry for three stones.
I am still thinking is I want diamond but those tend to be expensive, Any other ideas about half moon stones that goes with Chrysos?
Looking for a setting like the one in the pic. Screenshot_2017-11-14-14-41-39-1.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-11-14-14-41-39.png
    Screenshot_2017-11-14-14-41-39.png
    565.8 KB · Views: 23
IMG_7599.JPG

Have fun designing your ring. Here's my cushion 3 ct chrysoberyl in a two tone mount. Your stone is cut better than mine, but I feel you get a lot of bang for your buck with these gems, and they're typically untreated as well. Please post pics when you get your stone and ring.
Omg sparkles everywhere that is just an amazing setting! If I wasn't such a Tomboy I will get something like this. But I am afraid it is to delicate for my hands lol. Your setting and the chryso are amazing! I am drooling over here.

Nosean

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Best you wait till you see the chryso in real life...

Halfmoons are difficult - may ovals or long cushion would be nice...

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Mayra! For what its worth, I think of it as a pretty big stone, at roughly 9mm x 8mm. You might want to cut out paper in that size and use that as a starting point on your finger, and then play around with how much room you have left over for side stones...

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yaaaas.

Though im biased as I had a very similar stone made.

I think as long as the proportions are right you’ll be fine in terms of finger. I would NOT have the half moons reach to each corner of the chrysoberyl like the one showed above. I would make them small and accent stones.

Here’s one I made very similar.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/chryso-and-diamond-cushion-half-moon-ring-dk.214106/

In my opinion I should have made the whole ting white metal. Not yellow gold. The little bit of green shows more than had it been white.

Nosean

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Halfmoons are difficult to find. Not in diamond but other stones hard enough for a ring and a matching pair.

Hi Mayra! For what its worth, I think of it as a pretty big stone, at roughly 9mm x 8mm. You might want to cut out paper in that size and use that as a starting point on your finger, and then play around with how much room you have left over for side stones...

I will. Since you know how big the stone it is in real life your advice it is really important!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results