shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for something like this...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kristy_lyn

Shiny_Rock
I''d like to get a necklace kind of like this:
http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=148843&CategoryID=21243&LinkType=EverGreen
The one above is on sale for around $2000. Is that a total rip off? I don''t want to spend much more than that. It also doesn''t have to have stones all the way around the neck like the one in the picture does.

Any suggestions for other places that might have something similar at a good value? (Preferably online or in the Washington D.C. area - but, I might be willing to take a trip to the jewelry district in NY, too!)

There''s one on the Home Shopping Network set in sterling silver...

But, I''m guessing the quality at Macy''s and at HSN is probably pretty crappy.... thoughts?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have bought items in the past from nice department stores, but I''ll never do it again because I do only want high quality from here on out. It''s worth it to pay more to have a piece you''ll be proud to own for a lifetime. I wish I had figured that out when I was much younger! But a necklace like that looks like it could be worn only on formal occasions...do you go to a lot of formal functions?

kristy_lyn

Shiny_Rock
I''m looking for something to wear for my wedding! :)
I got a reaaaallly simple dress, and want a pretty "blingy" necklace with a little color.

Since I''d prefer to wear "real" stuff (or, at least real gold) I''d like to find a necklace made from real gold... doesn''t have to be sapphires... topaz or spinel or zircon would be fine, too (which, in terms of the stones, I might be able to find better quality of in my price range...). The problem is, all the pre-made jewelry like this is made with crappy sapphires, or lab created stuff.

Hmm....

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristy, I really think a necklace that ornate would be overkill with a simple, elegant wedding dress. I wouldn't want any more than tiny diamonds in bezels on the chain (as in diamonds by the yard) and a pendant for a wedding. I think you could get a better quality sapphire set in a halo...I'm thinking someone here had one made with a blue spinel...maybe Matatora? It was very pretty and might be better to wear with a wedding dress. I'll try to find it.

Here it is:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pictures-of-my-blue-gray-spinel-and-diamond-custom-necklace-project.41612/

I remember some conversation about her maybe sending it back to space those little diamonds farther apart on the chain. So keep that in mind.

kristy_lyn

Shiny_Rock
I know exactly what necklace you''re talking about... :)
Her necklace is awesome! :)

I am wondering (ballpark) how much it costs to get something similar to hers made? Any idea?

kristy_lyn

Shiny_Rock
Those are *very* pretty stones. That''s definately an option worth looking into.

I''m wondering if there are any pre-made halo-type settings that are a bit larger? I looked on Stuller and didn''t see anything.

If I could find something a little bigger, I could set a spinel, or something a little less expensive than a fine sapphire... larger scale jewelry tends to look much better on me.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the necklace! But I do think it would be better balanced with a super-ornate poofy gown. Of course, I am a HUGE fan of wearing what you like - it all tends to fall into place :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/28/2006 4:09:31 PM
Author: kristy_lyn
Those are *very* pretty stones. That''s definately an option worth looking into.

I''m wondering if there are any pre-made halo-type settings that are a bit larger? I looked on Stuller and didn''t see anything.

If I could find something a little bigger, I could set a spinel, or something a little less expensive than a fine sapphire... larger scale jewelry tends to look much better on me.
I am pretty sure jewelers can get those settings in other sizes. I recall someone else here getting one and making a pendant with a halo. But I''d actually just call WF and ask the price for a setting like the one Matatora had made, and you can see how much you''d have left for the stone. Her pendant was larger than the round one. And like you said, you could always go with a beautiful blue spinel if necessary! I really love her pendant..very elegant!

Cheekyprincess

Shiny_Rock
What about some innexpensive pearls with a blue sapphire enhancer that can be taken off and worn on a chain? That way it stands out, has colour, looks bridally, can be re-worn.

kristy_lyn

Shiny_Rock
Cheeky - that is also and *excellent* idea. Could have one of those bails that opens and closes... and, the pearls could be cheap, but more visually interesting than a simple chain. hmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results