shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for some opinions!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bbedman

Rough_Rock
Looking for opinions on this princess diamond offerred through an online store. I realize you can't be absolutely sure if you haven't seen the diamond but I am curious if I am wasting my time.

Price: $2,340.00
Report: GIA
Shape: Princess
Carat: 0.72
Color: G
Clarity: SI1
Characteristics: Crystal, Feather, Cloud
Depth: 68.7
Table: 70
Crown Angle: 41.2
Crown %: 11.4
Pavilion Angle: 37.1
Pavilion %: 54.7
Girdle: thick
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Culet: None
Fluorescence: No
Measurements: 5.01-4.92X3.38
Length/Width: 1.02

Sarin Report looks incomplete but here it is:

width: 4.90mm
Length: 4.95mm
Total depth 3.38mm 69%
Pavilion Depth: 2.68mm 54.7%
Crown Height: 0.56mm 11.4%
Table size: 3.47mm 70.8%
Girdle: 0.16mm 3.2%
Culet off Center 0.05mm
Table off Center 0.01mm

I have seen a 10X scope image (not great resolution) as well as the idealscope image. They both look good.

Thanks for any help. I have been lurking for some time trying to become better informed. I realize Table is larger than Depth but the numbers are so close, does this matter?

Thanks, MIB

Todd07

Shiny_Rock
Can you post the images?

bbedman

Rough_Rock
Okay, I must admit I am going a little bit crazy. I am looking for a princess cut diamond for no more than $3,400. Cut is the most important factor followed by size. Colour no lower than an H and clarity no lower than SI1. I have found one that looks exactly like what I am looking for. It is a superbcert diamond and all necessary information has been provided:

http://www.superbcert.com/Shop_By_Product/Diamond_Details.cfm/P/689/N/1;1

I have only 2 problems with it. I spoke with Barry and he said the diamond is eye clean. Nonetheless one inclusion is front and centre and quite visible under the 10x scope. Secondly, I am not sure if it is a good price. There are cheaper prices out there for the same spec diamond but the information provided for these diamonds is limited (no sarin report, imagescope etc.) as compared to the superbcert diamond.

It would appear that a superbcert diamond demands somewhat of a premium. Is it worth it? Am I better to get a slightly smaller stone with more clarity (I know, I know, I know only I can answer this question).

I would like to make a decision relatively soon. Please help!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I know that Jennifer who posts here saw some of Barry's Princess stones and she said that they were gorgeous. Since cut is the most important factor with you, I don't think you can go wrong with Superbcert. I would not worry about the inclusion as long as the stone is eye clean.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results