shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for some divine inspiration -- at PEARLMAN''S!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After months and months (and months and months... ) of agonizing over my setting (not to mention my diamond, LOL!) I realized I just have to see EVERYTHING--IN PERSON--before I can make up my mind. And where better to do that that at Pearlman's?!?

Thursday morning bright and early I will be braving the construction on 94 on my way to Battle Creek. Lots of drinks and snacks in the car; lots of photos I've collected to show Bill; lots of batteries for the camera.

This is better than Christmas!!!

Any special picture requests? What are you gals and guys looking for that you want to see on a real hand? (Or ear or neck or wrist?)

And if I leave there without having made some sort of decision I deserve to have my PS log-in revoked!

Woo hoo -- road trip!!

P.S. - Won't Bill be surprised that I don't really look like my avatar!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Have fun! I drove right by on my way to Canada a few weeks and then right by again on the way home. DH would not stop because we were on a schedule. I did not realize they were in Michigan.

How far of a drive is it from you?

Drive safely!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY dee jay...you are going to be blown away once you're there. The trip will be so worth it. I wish I could go with you. I do know bill has started getting in the new memoire single prong bands. I would love to know what you think.

what settings are you going to scope out?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Asscherisme - It's normally about a 2-1/2 hour drive, but who knows how the construction will factor in. I plan on starting early (seriously, I'll probably be awake all night with anticipation, LOL!) so maybe I'll miss the worst of the traffic.

Mrs. S. - I'm going to try *everything*. My problem is that I have no idea what I want (with one exception, which I'm considering my fall-back postion at this point, and I'll talk to Bill about having that custom made if nothing else catches my eye). BTW, you recently mentioned that you might be going to Pearlman's and I so hoped you might coincidentally be there on the same day!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh how fun Dee Jay, I hope you find the setting of your dreams at Pearlman''s. I would love to go there some day and meet Bill. I''d love to see the Memoire setting also.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2006 2:50:27 PM
Author: Dee*Jay

Mrs. S. - BTW, you recently mentioned that you might be going to Pearlman''s and I so hoped you might coincidentally be there on the same day!

I wish, my hubby is leaving for chicago tomorrow. I wish I could figure out a way to tag along....

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I might just have to coincidentally be there the same time as you.
9.gif
(What time would that be, by the way?) I haven''t quite figured out what I want for a wedding band yet, and would really enjoy looking around!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blenheim - Michigan is on Eastern time, so if I leave by 7:30 (which would really be 8:30) I would probably get there around 11:00 (ish) if the construction gods are good to me. No reason we couldn't have a little lunch while we're at at--diamonds always make me a bit hungry!!!
31.gif
Is that time good for you or do you perfer something else? I could always leave earlier or stay later if that's better.

Kaleigh - here's your chance! Come shopping with us!!!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
That sounds great! I can''t wait.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let''s be safe and maybe plan on 11:30. If I''m running more than 15 minutes late I''ll call Pearlman''s and ask that they let you know in case you''re there already. Or, Bill has my cell phone # in case you''re wondering about my progress. He''ll know who I am if you just ask for Dee Jay.

Between this and the Gem Show I''m having two PS get-together in three days!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I''ll aim to get there at 11:30. And I''ll take their phone number just in case something happens to me on the way there.

By the way, isn''t the gem show in 10 days? Two PS get-togethers in 9 days is still really good though!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, you''re right! 9 days, not 3--oops!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wanna come...do you think my kids would be up for a 9 hour road trip
37.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
[email protected]

deejay, since ya asked, there is something I''d like to get a real view on. I came across them by accident, and I''ve tried twice to find them again, searching everything I can think of, to no avail.

They were round, diamond jackets for studs. The price was something around 1100ish, I think. If you have time, and don''t mind, I''d love to get your opinion!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mrs. S. - Load ''em up! Promise ''em ice cream at the end or something, I''m sure they''ll be fine. (At least that always worked for my mom when I was little!) Every summer we would drive from our home in Pittsburgh to a beach house in Virginia Beach. 10 hours in the car = one chocolate ice cream cone at the end. Seemed fair to me at the time!

Sure, Ellen, I''ll be happy to look. Do you remember if they were platinum/white gold or yellow gold?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry, don't remember, but I know the ones I looked at weren't yellow gold, as I don't wear that. My "guess" is Platinum, wish I could be more help!

And TIA!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No problem Ellen--I''ll just have to look at *everything* to make sure I don''t miss them!
2.gif

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay, I am so jealous! I can''t imagine having that many settings in front of me to try on. Looking forward to seeing all your pictures and finding out your decision!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2006 4:05:41 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
No problem Ellen--I''ll just have to look at *everything* to make sure I don''t miss them!
2.gif
Drat. I HATE to put you through that, yer such a trooper.
2.gif

And have fun! Like I need to say that.
9.gif

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Me too! Me too! I wanna come too. I wish I could. I have a 2.5 year old and a nursing 10 month old. Maybe next time.
8.gif

Have fun. I can''t wait to see what you get.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
How fun Dee Jay! I'd love to join you if I weren't so gosh darn far away. As others have requested please check out those Memoire single prong five stone and eternity style bands and let us know what you think. I hope you find something wonderful!!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, lucky you! I''d love to see some pics of pearlman''s jewelry. I''d love to see some of the michael b, ritani, and a jaffe settings, they are so stunning and hard to find good pics of side views. Just take lots of pics and I''m sure we''ll all be thrilled!! Have fun!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I just saw an ad in my collector/trade journal for "Life" by Nouveau 1910 - beautiful Plique enamel jewelry in rich colors. I''d love to see real life pics of those! Pearlman''s is listed as one of the few that carry these.

Have fun!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ll do my best to take good pics of everything you guys want to see!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I just went out and bought some new camera batteries! (Old ones have been dead for a couple of weeks.)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha ha, we had to resort to rechargeables once I found Pricescope, LOL!

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
Ooh, lucky you. I wish I lived within driving distance of Pearlmans!

I can''t wait to see all the pictures from your trip... Hopefully I''ll get some good ideas for when I upgrade.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh! What GREAT timing!!! Mrssalvo told me about this thread and your visit to Pearlmans!!! (I have been in Rocky Talk and SMTR looking at settings, mostly!) I emailed Bill 4 Ritani settings that I''d love to see hand pictures of, if you don''t mind! And of course, I''d like to see a picture of everything in there! (Well, especially the more traditional stuff!). I sure do wish I could go to, but short of that, I''ll be very thrilled to see more pictures of anything beside what is on the website. Maybe I''ll see something from your pictures that I haven''t even considered!

Thanks in advance and I''ll be anxiously awaiting your return!!!
36.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamondseeker - Sure! I responded in the other thread that I''m "taking orders" until about 10 tonight (have to get to bed early so I can make an early start tomorrow, LOL!).

Do you have the names/numbers of the four that you specifically want? And I assume you want straight-on, side view and with bands, right?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, yes, yes! You are wonderful! I''ve already posted what I think is my top choice, but there are three other Ritani''s that I wouldn''t mind comparing. Here are the numbers which I''ve also sent to Bill just in case:

27QQ1, 28QQ1, 30QQ1, 31QQ1

If you see any other gorgeous solitaires, any extras would be great! Thanks so much!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results