shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for input into diamond wedding band

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi all - you are all so knowledgeable and I could use your advice as I am shopping for a diamond wedding band

My e-ring: 1.84 ct MRB set in Vatche Corsica platinum (avatar pic), which will enable a band to fit flush

Looking for: diamond band that will look nice with the e-ring but not compete with the diamond, AND look substantial enough on its own

I'm considering Memoire branded bands as they are very well made

Two contenders (second is my favorite)

http://www.memoire.com/shop/mip10-0100mw/#sthash.GYhsCKrQ.dpbs

http://www.memoire.com/shop/mpsp10-0100mpl9/#sthash.aYNLgCRB.dpbs

I'm leaning toward 10 pointers but may consider up to 15 if they don't compete too much

My reluctance with Memoire is that I'm not sure how well the stones are cut and am wondering I should go with Whiteflash or similar - but the only other retailer that offers the "floating" diamond setting is Blue Nile

Last edited:

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your links are for half-eternity band. Would you consider full eternity band with round diamonds?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you're going to need a spacer band because the diamond girdles may eat into the side of
your engagement ring. Have you tried on any diamond bands with your engagement ring to see
if the stones touch your ering?

I vote for Whiteflash. Their stones are gorgeous! You could ask them if they could do a floating
diamond band.

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I really don't want a full eternity unless there is something that blows my mind, as my finger size has fluctuated throughout my life and I want something that can get resized if needed, so I am looking at 1/2s or 3/4s

For what it's worth, this VCA band was nearly mind blowing to consider a full "eternity" but it is too wide to wear with my ering so I ruled it out

http://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/en...ng-bands/vcarn57o00-estelle-wedding-band.html

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think you're going to need a spacer band because the diamond girdles may eat into the side of
your engagement ring. Have you tried on any diamond bands with your engagement ring to see
if the stones touch your ering?

I tried on the petite prong (first link) and it seems to sit low enough to not eat into the prongs, but there was a 2 size differential between the ering and band so it's hard to say for sure. My jeweler didn't have the purity (second link) sample available but was going to source one and call me when it gets in so I can try it on

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's great...so nice to be able to try it on to see how it's going to fit with your ering.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thats a good point about not getting a full eternity band, that happened to my wife, we had to bring her eternity wedding band back to be resized. They were able to do it, but another diamond had to be inserted.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results