shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for green gem in a non-rounded cut, help appreciated :)

marionberry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Dear everyone,

I’m have been dreaming up earrings over the last months and I would really appreciate some input.
I love green and colours that are in-between, think green-blue-greys with salmon hues, and interesting angles! :)
I am looking for 2 matched 4-7mm vivid greyish or greenish gem stones (e.g. spinel, sapphire, chrysoberyl, demantoid ... must be hard, brilliant, a color-changer would be amazing!) that are faceted in a non-rounded shape (esp. lozenge, but I also like trillions … hexagons), budget << $1000 (so no alexandrites ;-) ). I am having trouble finding such specific gems in the list of vendors, so I'm wondering if I'm looking for something too exotic...
Maybe one of you has some input or guidance for my search?

Thank you!

Ceaho

Rough_Rock
Trade
You can go for emeralds. Unoiled emeralds are hard stones and have the best green color of all gemstones. Lot of oil that make an emerald rotten, like glassed ruby or heated saphire. Some people that say emeralds are weak stones actually have no experience with this gem and only repeat what they listen. Dont listen who only talks a but have nothing to show here.

crescentgems

Rough_Rock
Trade
green zircons is another option you can look for. it comes in apple green to leaf green shades.

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Would peridot be a contender?

marionberry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone. I think emerald might be a good call as I'm not looking for a light grassy green (like peridot) but rather a more blueish tinge... I'll look into green zircons, too, I love silicates.

marionberry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
And I'm glad you mentioned Yvonne Raley. I just wrote to her the day before yesterday :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results