shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for Forever studs 4ctw+

chloe88

Rough_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone, im looking for a pair of sparkle bombs that hit around 8mm+/4ctw. Hoping I can lean on some generous folks on this forum to point me in the right direction much like the last time I got a 5 stone ring (40 pts each, f, si GIA certed from IDJ) It’s my favorite pick me up on and gets compliments all the time!

I stumbled across Alex Parks instagram reel when he posted a pair of 2.24ct j/vs2 studs for $2500. I didn’t pull the trigger as I felt they looked too warm as my other pieces are f/g color and these would be my ever first lab diamonds. My budget is around $3k and he has indicated I could hit 8mm in the i/vvs2 or do 1.7ct h/vs2. Most of his stuff looks like cvd Iia certed through IGI.

Reading through the threads it seems the vendor vetting is super important to check for weird tinges/stria/metallic inclusions. I don’t feel quite confident picking out a great pair myself.

Can I get a better deal on Ritani or another vendor? Looking for recommendations for a pair! I’m thinking 4 prong basket low profile (Tiffany style) for the setting. Any recommendations there? I know lots of people ask DK but not sure how much he charges for settings and labor.

Another question I had.. do people ever not detect the color on video/photos and then find it does have it in real life? Thanks for all your help, happy Friday! Hope some experts can chime in too @yssie @LLJsmom @Kim N @DejaWiz
39DBE7E2-7820-4754-A444-1F318721C40B.png

Attachments

• 98678E1F-1D78-495E-A04B-E568DDEFF2F7.png
    98678E1F-1D78-495E-A04B-E568DDEFF2F7.png
    576.1 KB · Views: 58

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can definitely do better through Ritani.

chloe88

Rough_Rock
Premium
@Kim N thanks so much for these recommendations! Have you ever considered charging for these recs? I would gladly pay a fee lol. Quick side question, I was under the assumption that cvd diamonds were better than hpht diamonds but saw your posts that you would take hpht over cvd. May I ask why that is?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Kim N thanks so much for these recommendations! Have you ever considered charging for these recs? I would gladly pay a fee lol. Quick side question, I was under the assumption that cvd diamonds were better than hpht diamonds but saw your posts that you would take hpht over cvd. May I ask why that is?

You're welcome, and LOL! There are good stones with either method. I prefer HPHT because it's closer to how diamonds were formed in the earth, and CVD has more issues to watch out for. It's harder to find HPHT stones in G color and below. CVD is the less expensive and more common method.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @chloe88 ,

I think you can do better off Ritani. But by better I mean being assured of better cut diamonds and being more certain of the impact of inclusions than buying in a fire sale manner from Alex park. I know many people are happy with his pieces and I think that works for people who are confident buyers but I am way more of a control freak.

Price wise, I think I just depends on the particular stone you choose. I can tell you I spent just over $6k for two D, VS stones just over 2 carats each. Personally I think I made out because I checked Blue Nile, WF, Adiamor, Clean Origin, Frank Darling, and James Allen, and all these other sites were pricing stones like I bought higher, but by varying amounts. Just a word of caution. Color wise, labs seem to be more colored than earth mined so if you’re looking for a G,H in earth I would go for at least an F in lab. @Kim N and @DejaWiz pick very nice stones and have a good eye for color nuances so I would feel comfortable going with their choices. And you have a 2 week return period to examine so you’re not stuck. Best of luck and hope you find a couple beautiful stones.

Last edited:

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
In response to your color question, best to go by the certificate, but for eyes, a video helps. You are more likely to see various tones when you can check for differences under different light angles.

chloe88

Rough_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom I do agree that the way items are sold on IG makes me feel rushed and out of control, so i'm grateful for the guidance that people are willing to provide on here! As for color, I felt like the 2.04ct looked a bit warmer than the others, but wasn't sure if it's just the way G is or if it's b/c it's a lab or ambient lighting or i'm just going crazy looking haha.

@Kim N @DejaWiz Could I pretty pretty please get picks for F color just to be safe? I think I can bump up to $3200ish for the stones. Thank you so much in advance!

I've been looking for hours on Ritani trying to find something and am really baffled by how you can pick from hundreds? I tried to filter for 54-57 table, 60-62.5, polish, flour, symmetry, cutlet , color, cut, clarity, matching by diameter within 0.1mm but ultimately was unable to tell if i picked a good one or bad one o_O o_O What do you think about below? if you have the time for feedback :read::oops2:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom I do agree that the way items are sold on IG makes me feel rushed and out of control, so i'm grateful for the guidance that people are willing to provide on here! As for color, I felt like the 2.04ct looked a bit warmer than the others, but wasn't sure if it's just the way G is or if it's b/c it's a lab or ambient lighting or i'm just going crazy looking haha.

@Kim N @DejaWiz Could I pretty pretty please get picks for F color just to be safe? I think I can bump up to $3200ish for the stones. Thank you so much in advance!

I've been looking for hours on Ritani trying to find something and am really baffled by how you can pick from hundreds? I tried to filter for 54-57 table, 60-62.5, polish, flour, symmetry, cutlet , color, cut, clarity, matching by diameter within 0.1mm but ultimately was unable to tell if i picked a good one or bad one o_O o_O What do you think about below? if you have the time for feedback :read::oops2:

I would pair these two instead.

chloe88

Rough_Rock
Premium
@Kim N thanks again! I ended up going with the second G color pair from earlier bc i thought it looked the prettiest (doesn’t hurt that it was also the largest.) I just got an email saying one was secured. So excited to see it in person!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Kim N thanks again! I ended up going with the second G color pair from earlier bc i thought it looked the prettiest (doesn’t hurt that it was also the largest.) I just got an email saying one was secured. So excited to see it in person!

Fantastic! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts when they arrive!

chloe88

Rough_Rock
Premium
@Kim N The stones finally arrived yesterday!
I think they’re both beautiful! But the 2.07ct (H&A) seem more lively than the 2.05ct and is less colored. My dilemma is keep the H&A diamond and try to match it with a similar performer? Or would it be better/easier to just start from scratch?

While waiting for the stones to arrive, I’ve been toying with the idea of going HPHT with D/E color as a part of me feels that going for HPHT might be better than CVD because there’s no post growth treatment and less stria.. I also have to admit when I look through similar threads, the HPHT diamonds seem to have a more crisp appearance than CVD. What do you think based on photos?

B1720202-84E0-425C-8C6A-848062BD8FCD.jpeg

Attachments

• 0C18DB24-4948-4464-BC7A-4FD74E81F537.jpeg
    0C18DB24-4948-4464-BC7A-4FD74E81F537.jpeg
    151.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 86A0E813-4B6D-4CAD-8352-9A344DD9358B.jpeg
    86A0E813-4B6D-4CAD-8352-9A344DD9358B.jpeg
    97.3 KB · Views: 40
  • B0AA8602-3A9E-44DD-9530-37C5763E1409.jpeg
    B0AA8602-3A9E-44DD-9530-37C5763E1409.jpeg
    260.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 5D293211-966F-402D-8A62-E0D3E8F4ABF4.jpeg
    5D293211-966F-402D-8A62-E0D3E8F4ABF4.jpeg
    252.4 KB · Views: 38

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Kim N The stones finally arrived yesterday!
I think they’re both beautiful! But the 2.07ct (H&A) seem more lively than the 2.05ct and is less colored. My dilemma is keep the H&A diamond and try to match it with a similar performer? Or would it be better/easier to just start from scratch?

While waiting for the stones to arrive, I’ve been toying with the idea of going HPHT with D/E color as a part of me feels that going for HPHT might be better than CVD because there’s no post growth treatment and less stria.. I also have to admit when I look through similar threads, the HPHT diamonds seem to have a more crisp appearance than CVD. What do you think based on photos?

B1720202-84E0-425C-8C6A-848062BD8FCD.jpeg

I'm happy to help either way, whether you want a match for the 2.07 or to switch to HPHT. I don't see any issues with crispness in the stones in your photos. If you want to stick with G color, I suggest keeping the 2.07 for now since you like it so much.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keep the one that immediately speaks to you. Maybe you can return the other and try an HPHT.

chloe88

Rough_Rock
Premium
I'm happy to help either way, whether you want a match for the 2.07 or to switch to HPHT. I don't see any issues with crispness in the stones in your photos. If you want to stick with G color, I suggest keeping the 2.07 for now since you like it so much.

Hi Kim! I’ve been mulling it over for a few days and Im going to exchanging them both for HPHT (D/E, ideal cut, vs2 or better, no blue nuance around 8mm). Hopefully around 3500 for the stones but it’s somewhat flexible depending on what’s available! I think it’s become more a mind clean thing as I don’t want CvD despite them looking quite beautiful in person. Thank you for helping me pick out a pair before and for the future pair!

Last edited:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kim! I’ve been mulling it over for a few days and Im going to exchanging them both for HPHT (D/E, ideal cut, vs2 or better, no blue nuance around 8mm). Hopefully around 3500 for the stones but it’s somewhat flexible depending on what’s available! I think it’s become more a mind clean thing as I don’t want CvD despite them looking quite beautiful in person. Thank you for helping me pick out a pair before and for the future pair!

How about these two?

chloe88

Rough_Rock
Premium
Thank you for pulling those! Do you think the inclusion on the table would be visible (the 2.06 - probably not?) Could you post 1 more pair please with vs1 or above even if costs a bit more?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for pulling those! Do you think the inclusion on the table would be visible (the 2.06 - probably not?) Could you post 1 more pair please with vs1 or above even if costs a bit more?

I don't think the inclusion would be visible given that it's in an earring.

There aren't too many good ones available. I would pair this stone

with this

or this

chloe88

Rough_Rock
Premium
@Kim N do you have a fave match from what was selected? :p

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Kim N do you have a fave match from what was selected? :p

I like the first E with the D better than with the E VS1. The proportions are a better match.

chloe88

Rough_Rock
Premium
@Kim N Alrighty going to pull the trigger! Thanks again for your expertise!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Kim N Alrighty going to pull the trigger! Thanks again for your expertise!

You're welcome! I look forward to hearing how they compare to the other pair.

chloe88

Rough_Rock
Premium
You're welcome! I look forward to hearing how they compare to the other pair.

I got them and they look stunnin! Sorry it took me a while to post, work has been a bit crazy! I still need to ship my diamonds to David for setting.

I wore my f mined diamonds next to them the other day for comparison and I could see a tint right away on the f color. Definitely smaller in size than the older set from Ritani but I love the color. They look like clear drops of water. They’re not H&A but they look very symmetrical to my eyes. I love them and can’t wait to wear these as earrings!

A huge thanks to @Kim N! Do you have a Venmo account or Zelle? I’d love to send a small gift for donating your time and expertise!

2BFEDCCE-3DB1-4623-9FD3-B78639AC3805.jpeg

Attachments

• AA0FBD82-5075-41B4-8AED-54EC55FF8B2F.jpeg
    AA0FBD82-5075-41B4-8AED-54EC55FF8B2F.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 28

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got them and they look stunnin! Sorry it took me a while to post, work has been a bit crazy! I still need to ship my diamonds to David for setting.

I wore my f mined diamonds next to them the other day for comparison and I could see a tint right away on the f color. Definitely smaller in size than the older set from Ritani but I love the color. They look like clear drops of water. They’re not H&A but they look very symmetrical to my eyes. I love them and can’t wait to wear these as earrings!

A huge thanks to @Kim N! Do you have a Venmo account or Zelle? I’d love to send a small gift for donating your time and expertise!

2BFEDCCE-3DB1-4623-9FD3-B78639AC3805.jpeg

Oh, they look gorgeous! :love: I love the video you took. They're going to look fabulous as earrings.

That is so sweet of you, thank you! I get joy in helping people find their perfect stones, and I would love if you donated the gift to the Best Friends Animal Society.

chloe88

Rough_Rock
Premium
@Kim N they just arrived! Love the setting by DK. I requested a modified three prong martini with flat bottom with jumbo screw backs :p I had sent a picture of 6 prong setting from Whiteflash as inspiration! Last picture shows a size comparison between my daily gifted Tiffany studs which are tiny - I think 30/40 pointers. The new earrings almost look too big but I’m not worried about it -I’ll grow into them :p will post ear shots later!

B4C7E71D-B567-4D8C-8C92-8B10ADC213C2.jpeg

Attachments

• 82DA00E8-1945-4835-8E0E-80D7E4873594.jpeg
    82DA00E8-1945-4835-8E0E-80D7E4873594.jpeg
    296 KB · Views: 39
  • D49D9AD8-D7C4-44A9-AC0D-5D913979DAEA.jpeg
    D49D9AD8-D7C4-44A9-AC0D-5D913979DAEA.jpeg
    284.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 679DE69F-F687-4B2B-BF78-D875A6E5E05F.jpeg
    679DE69F-F687-4B2B-BF78-D875A6E5E05F.jpeg
    204.6 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Kim N they just arrived! Love the setting by DK. I requested a modified three prong martini with flat bottom with jumbo screw backs :p I had sent a picture of 6 prong setting from Whiteflash as inspiration! Last picture shows a size comparison between my daily gifted Tiffany studs which are tiny - I think 30/40 pointers. The new earrings almost look too big but I’m not worried about it -I’ll grow into them :p will post ear shots later!

B4C7E71D-B567-4D8C-8C92-8B10ADC213C2.jpeg

They look FABULOUS in their settings and the perfect size on you, not at all too big! :love: I love the first photo with the crisp arrows too!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowsers, they look fantastic!

chloe88

Rough_Rock
Premium
They look FABULOUS in their settings and the perfect size on you, not at all too big! :love: I love the first photo with the crisp arrows too!

Thank you, I love them too! :p excited to wear them with my hair down. Thanks again for picking beautiful stones!

kathness

Shiny_Rock
Love this!!!! It’s so beautiful

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results