shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for eternity wedding ring that will not damage ER

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,
I’m in the process of resetting my wedding set and am looking for an eternity band that will not damage my newly reset ER. I know anything shared prong will scratch the crap out of any ring it’s next to. I’m leaning towards the harmony band from whiteflash but would love to see what Else would be a good safe option to consider. My new ER setting is just a plain 2 mm platinum solitaire with a tulip head. Please give me some other options. Or do you think I’m safest going with the harmony band from whiteflash ? My budget is around 2 k. Thank you!

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
A channel cut band with a thin rail will fit well beside nearly any ring and will not allow the exposed girdle of the diamonds to work on the ring next to it. You can do many shapes as well, French cuts, princess cuts, rounds, etc. There are many wonderful examples on the pages of Pricescope.

Wink

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
A channel cut band with a thin rail will fit well beside nearly any ring and will not allow the exposed girdle of the diamonds to work on the ring next to it. You can do many shapes as well, French cuts, princess cuts, rounds, etc. There are many wonderful examples on the pages of Pricescope.

Wink

Thank you for your input. Unfortunately channel type bands are not my favorite and not something I would consider. I see a lot of different “ pave” type bands but it’s difficult to differentiate between French pave, regular pave etc and if they can damage the ring they are next to.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your input. Unfortunately channel type bands are not my favorite and not something I would consider. I see a lot of different “ pave” type bands but it’s difficult to differentiate between French pave, regular pave etc and if they can damage the ring they are next to.

As far as I know, all pave styles run the risk of damaging the rings they are next to unless there is ZERO diamond-to-metal contact (teeny tiny pave sometimes works for this because the stones don't go "beyond" the metal of the ring.

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
As far as I know, all pave styles run the risk of damaging the rings they are next to unless there is ZERO diamond-to-metal contact (teeny tiny pave sometimes works for this because the stones don't go "beyond" the metal of the ring.

What about the harmony band from whiteflash? When looking at the ring it does not appear as though the diamonds extend past the band. 07240B13-FEF9-4ED8-8BD5-87ED07D5266E.jpeg

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
Can you try a spacer?

I thought of that as I already have a gorgeous shared prong from the facets collection but what I’m trying to avoid is a bulky look. I’m resetting bc my current set is too think bulky chunky.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about the harmony band from whiteflash? When looking at the ring it does not appear as though the diamonds extend past the band. 07240B13-FEF9-4ED8-8BD5-87ED07D5266E.jpeg

I *think* this is fine bc if you look at the side view (the last thumbnail on this screenshot), there doesn't appear to be any parts of the diamond that extend past the "wall" of metal. But I would make 100% sure by asking WF what they think and what they recommend.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was never a channel set fan either until I tried on the Tiffany 3 mm channel set band. It really is set so well - lots of sparkle without any damage or having to wear a spacer. The diamonds are set very close together so you don’t get that typical space between diamonds look. They are on the pricey side of course but can be found on some of the reputable websites second hand for much less than brand new. Just another option!

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
@MissGotRocks maybe that’s my problem. Maybe I’ve never seen a well made channel set band. I think it’s the amount of metal and the spacing ( too broad) between diamonds that bugs me. Do you or anyone have any links to some well made channel set bands I can look at? Thank you!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a not so good hand picture with the Tiffany band. The metal is very thin and the diamonds set close. There also is white metal set behind the diamonds that really minimizes any drastic spacing. You are absolutely correct though - if the metal is minimized and the spacing of diamonds close, it makes all the difference in the world. 1626912834561.jpeg

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
Here is a not so good hand picture with the Tiffany band. The metal is very thin and the diamonds set close. There also is white metal set behind the diamonds that really minimizes any drastic spacing. You are absolutely correct though - if the metal is minimized and the spacing of diamonds close, it makes all the difference in the world. 1626912834561.jpeg

Thank you!! That’s gorgeous. So much to consider.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!! That’s gorgeous. So much to consider.

Thanks - I never would have considered this until I walked in Tiffany’s and saw it in the case. Even when paying for it I couldn’t believe I was buying a channel set band! It works though as I didn’t want a thick band. If there was a really good option for a shared prong or pave set band, I would consider it but I don’t like the idea of needing a spacer and I don’t want the metal on my ring all chewed up. First world problems, huh? Lol!

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
I guess deciding which diamond band to get is a good dilemma to hAve. Yes first world problems for sure. I have a knifedge pave band from whiteflash that never did anything to my current ERing. I wore them together for 15 years. I’m hoping the harmony band from whiteflash will be ok. If not I have 30 days to return it. I just can’t see myself paying that much money for the Tiffany name. I emailed whiteflash to inquire about this. I’m hoping it’s the one. @MissGotRocks

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess deciding which diamond band to get is a good dilemma to hAve. Yes first world problems for sure. I have a knifedge pave band from whiteflash that never did anything to my current ERing. I wore them together for 15 years. I’m hoping the harmony band from whiteflash will be ok. If not I have 30 days to return it. I just can’t see myself paying that much money for the Tiffany name. I emailed whiteflash to inquire about this. I’m hoping it’s the one. @MissGotRocks

Keep us posted - would love to hear all about it!

dmack

Shiny_Rock
What about a bead set band? Whiteflash has one. It’s slightly sleeker than a channel set (although their Honey channel set is very delicate and lovely, speaking from personal experience).

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for bead set. I like the legato band quite a bit:

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
For what it’s worth - Sspaces can be very thin. There is a spacer between the 3 stone and thr band. I wear the same spacer with my larger 3 carat shared prong eternity band.

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
What about a bead set band? Whiteflash has one. It’s slightly sleeker than a channel set (although their Honey channel set is very delicate and lovely, speaking from personal experience).

Oooh I do like it. What exactly is the difference between channel set and bead set?

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
4762F25A-FE6A-45FA-8E07-9462444FE5B4.jpeg
For what it’s worth - Sspaces can be very thin. There is a spacer between the 3 stone and thr band. I wear the same spacer with my larger 3 carat shared prong eternity band.

I did not realize that they can be this thin. What size is that spacer and where is a good place to purchase them? Your set is lovely btw!!!:):)

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
Another vote for bead set. I like the legato band quite a bit:

I like them both. Although the legato one is thinner which I like. What’s the difference between the two?

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock
I thought of that as I already have a gorgeous shared prong from the facets collection but what I’m trying to avoid is a bulky look. I’m resetting bc my current set is too think bulky chunky.

4762F25A-FE6A-45FA-8E07-9462444FE5B4.jpeg

Yup, I have a tiny spacer between my e-ring and wedding band. IMG_7590.jpeg IMG_7591.jpeg IMG_7594.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can get 1mm spacers that are essentially invisible. Lots of vendors on etsy sell them (just make sure to buy from someone with a bunch of reviews). I know deb blazer of blazerarts has some small spacers.

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
I did not realize that they can be this thin. What size is that spacer and where is a good place to purchase them? Your set is lovely btw!!!:):)

It’s from Etsy, and it’s 1mm. I have one that’s even smaller at .75mm. The one with the Emerald stack is from BrillantForever on Etsy.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bright cut pave is pave with a "channel" on both sides, no issues with rubbing. This is a random image from a google search, this one has milgrain, it's optional of course. s-l400.jpg The ring in my avatar also has bright cut pave.

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
Bright cut pave is pave with a "channel" on both sides, no issues with rubbing. This is a random image from a google search, this one has milgrain, it's optional of course. s-l400.jpg The ring in my avatar also has bright cut pave.

ThAnk you. That’s gorgeous.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results